collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Rapid Vienna Post-Match Thread  (Read 72896 times)

Offline BedsVillain

• Twitter:
  • GM : May, 2013
Re: Aston Villa v Rapid Vienna Post-Match Thread
« Reply #300 on: August 28, 2010, 12:06:59 AM »
That old Asian bloke was good at half time.

Almost as good as the old bloke on Five Live after the game!

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #301 on: August 28, 2010, 11:00:24 AM »
The set of problems that faced Leeds United and Sheffield Wednesday are not the same problems we have now. You’re comparing an apple with an orange.

I am aware that Leeds and Sheff Wed (who I didn't even mention) were in completely different boats. We are nothing like the financial basket cases either of those were. The only reason I brought up Leeds was because I'm feeling severely pissed off by the last 2 games and while I was imagining worst case scenarios (slightly melodramatic I agree but you've got to pass the time at work somehow) I was thinking that surely we couldn't go from consistent top 6 to relegation so quickly then I remembered Leeds' demise and realised it can happen.
I think that in all probability this won't happen to us, we always seem to bounce back from adversity and as you rightly point out we are nothing like Leeds were when it happened to them. Incidentally when referring to Leeds I was only meaning the relegation to Div 2 (old money), not all their subsequent travails. It was an observation of a team in recent history who went from 6th to relegation in 2 seasons.
I really hope that Randy gets the appointment right and when we're lifting the FA cup in a couple of years you can post the last sentence of my original post and say "what an idiot"

Offline jay71

« Reply #302 on: August 28, 2010, 03:35:04 PM »
shit!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal