collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is it jealousy?  (Read 8645 times)

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
Re: Is it jealousy?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 04:19:22 PM »
I would like to see them knocked out for one reason.

To make their over-blown celebrations at Eastlands look ridiculous. Because thats what they were. Champagne and high-fives all round for finishing fourth and getting the chance to earn loads of money. No trophy or honour.

A more sought after achievement than the winning the oldest and greatest cup competition in football.

Fuckin' pathetic.

Maybe, but I don't think we'd have been any different, particularly as getting into the Chumps League  has been Randy's no. 1 objective from the day he bought the club.

But we're allowed to!!

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 04:27:10 PM »

To make their over-blown celebrations at Eastlands look ridiculous. Because thats what they were. Champagne and high-fives all round for finishing fourth and getting the chance to earn loads of money. No trophy or honour.

A more sought after achievement than the winning the oldest and greatest cup competition in football.

Fuckin' pathetic.

Exactly.     
I have a couple of friends who are Spurs fans and they are not too bad on the whole, but for some reason get them in the company of any of the "yid army" and they become total cnuts.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 04:33:05 PM »

Fuckin' pathetic.

Some people call 4th the new 1st, which it isn't.  What it is is the new promotion.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 04:41:28 PM »
Either way, it's going to all end in tears for tottingham hotspunks. They lose tonight they'll forever be known to losing to 'Young Boys', if they win tonight they'll be the centre of embarrassment for months to come when they play the giants of Europe. Messi vs Corluka - lulz.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 04:42:23 PM »

Fuckin' pathetic.

Some people call 4th the new 1st, which it isn't.  What it is is the new promotion.

They should create a little trophy for it and get it over and done with. It's a sad state when 4th is actually a goal. Sadly, we've all been suckered into it.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 04:49:48 PM »
They should create a little trophy for it and get it over and done with. It's a sad state when 4th is actually a goal. Sadly, we've all been suckered into it.

Well, I do now think it is a big deal due to the importance of the CL.  In the same way that winning the Championship play offs means a load of more money for your club, the ability to attract better players and a chance to test yourself against better opposition, so does getting into a CL - it's a level up from where you were playing previously.  It's not 4th place that is worth celebrating, it's what 4th place brings you that is!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 04:57:52 PM by John M »

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 04:50:48 PM »
For some reason I wouldn't mind Spurs doing OK tonight, and I thought I hated Spurs more than anyone.  Oh well.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 04:54:21 PM »
I hate them.

I'd also love to be where they are.

Offline griffiths

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 05:22:33 PM »
As do all of us, I support the Villa, am jealous of no team. I don't care who manages any other team, only the Villa. I am pleased with how well we are doing and that we seem to be doing it 'in the right way'. I look forwad to winning something in the future and to improving the league position but don't see fourth place as the 'holy grail'.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 05:37:58 PM »
Not jealousy for me, I just can't stand them.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 05:44:07 PM »
No, I just hate them, even Spurs fans not from London are unbelievably deluded and arrogant.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 06:11:58 PM »
It is partly jealousy.

But Tottingham are also very easy to dislike.

I was quite chuffed to see Everton get there (or close) a few years ago, for example.
Similar sized clubs. But we were constantly being told in a fair few newspapers and media outlets how big and ambitious Tottenham were even when they were challenging Blackburn and Boro for the dizzy heights of 12th year in year out.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 06:52:41 PM »
I won't them to lose due to a hatred of Spurs going back to the 80s as a child!

Offline ronshirt

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 07:08:47 PM »
Are you saying we should all get behind Young Boys tonight?

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2010, 07:14:30 PM »
When I was a Young Boy I played the Silver ball
Past a load of Spurs wankers I must have beat them all

Needs work.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal