collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Your Perfect Day.  (Read 3714 times)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Your Perfect Day.
« on: August 25, 2010, 10:56:55 AM »
What has been your perfect day combining Villa and other things happening. Too easy just to say 26th May 1982, there has to be non Villa good things happening as well.
Mine was 4th April 1981.
The day started with going to Filbert Street Leicester, we won a really important exciting match 4-2.
They gave the result of the Grand National at half time over the tannoy, but with all the noise I missed it.
Full time they gave the results from elsewhere. Ipswich lost 3-1 at the Baggies, they were our nearest rivals along with Liverpool chasing the title.
Got back home early evening and found out the result of the National, Aldaniti had won at 10-1. Id put £20 on to win so £200 Mr bookmaker thank you very much !
The only cloud on the horizon could have been Bucks Fizz in the Eurovision song contest, but as I went down the pub and got a lock in too I was saved from all of that.
Perficktt !

Offline j66acd

Re: Your Perfect Day.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 01:50:25 PM »
Got to be beating the blues 5-1, which fell the day after my 21st birthday. Was a bit worse for wear on the morning of the match which didn't help as my seats were on the back row of the trinity smack in the middle. Couldn't believe what I was seeing, thought it was the brandy and cokes playing with my head. Was funny seeing all of the noses leaving after the fourth! A great weekend!

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 02:17:51 PM »
What has been your perfect day combining Villa and other things happening. Too easy just to say 26th May 1982, there has to be non Villa good things happening as well.
Mine was 4th April 1981.
The day started with going to Filbert Street Leicester, we won a really important exciting match 4-2.
I helped score one of the goals that day. I caught the ball when it went out of play. (we were sat in that small stand at Filbert St opposite the main stand) Threw it (basketball chest pass) to Sid, who took a quick throw in, ball went down the left wing, Morley crossed for Withe to score.

My claim for an assist in our championship season!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 03:20:26 PM »
Sasha'sGrandad must have inspired Steve Sidwell.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 06:15:04 PM »
Boxing Day 2005 Villa stuff Everton 4-0. My Everton mates are in the North Stand and got full abuse from Baros after he handled for the first goal. Great night drinking in the travellodge later that night.

Feb 1995 Villa win 2-1 at Sheff Weds with a brace from Dean Saunders and i stay at my nan's nephews in Sheffield that night. Great banter in a house full of Owls.

Tranmere at home 1994. Still possibly the greatest match i've even been to.

Coventry City 1995 the Saturday before Xmas, a Savo hat-trick, BFR and Rico's new team getting a pasting then back home in time to watch Predator on ITV!

Brighton at home last season - great day, Brighton brought a lot of supporters, lots of drinks in the Cap N' Gown and the Aston Hotel plus lots of fun on the train going home.

Palace at home last season, the last match before the league cup final and i left the ground with Frank that night desperately hoping - and feeling optimistic - that we would be victorious. And walking past Aston Hall on a fine evening is fairly pleasant too.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 05:26:35 PM »
My perfect Villa days always seem to happen after I've had a really trying day before kick-off and because of that the right result makes it so much sweeter:

5-1, I'd had a cataclysmic row with the ex-missus, plus it was her birthday (my going to the football and the row were unconnected, i like to think) and I ended up watching us take SHA apart at will.

Blackburn at home in the League Cup - only just made it, spent all day at B'Ham dental hospital waiting for the missus to have an extraction. Worst half an hour of football I'd seen in about five years and then ended up being an awesome night.

Beating Everton 3-2 in the last minute - just got back from seeing my grandad at the hospital and the poor bloke didn't even know where he was, let alone there was a game that afternoon...

Those are just the games that spring to mind.

Offline Astral Weeks

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 04:46:33 PM »
League Cup final in 1994 v Man U. Fantastic day out from start to finish - the banter with the mates I went with, the pub before the game, the game itself. Loved it all.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal