collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: A new manager by Friday??  (Read 98955 times)

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

Re: A new manager by Friday??
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 11:26:57 PM »
Never thought i would say this but right now Sven has become appealing to me. He would already have a plan and his contacts and appeal are impeccable .............

Offline shirley_villan

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 11:29:46 PM »
Bullshitting, attention-seeking knob.

Offline mozza

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 11:30:13 PM »
If there's any truth in it - doesn't Slaven Bilic tick the boxes ? 

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 11:32:15 PM »
Carlos Queiroz is having a major fall out with the Portuguese FA. Looks like he'll either walk or get fired.
I wonder if the forward is Ronaldo.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 11:36:27 PM by Mark Kelly »

Offline Disco01

• AussieDave
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 11:33:33 PM »
I was sitting next to Rikki Herbert on a plane in Sydney last month, nice guy but seemed very full of himself. I'd be a little underwhelmed if it is him.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 11:34:00 PM »
Steve Staunton - Keane played under him for ROI........Hohoho.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2010, 11:35:24 PM »
I'm going to stick my neck out here and say... what a load of old bollocks.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 11:38:15 PM »
According to that, the players will be arriving in almost exactly the same time as the manager -give or take a day.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but I don't recall too many instances of a new manager/ new player (s) combo rocking up in tandem at a club.

Wasn't that what Sven did when he joined Citeh? I seem to remember he signed a few players in quick succession.

Not within a day or two of pitching up though.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 11:40:56 PM »
I'm going to stick my neck out here and say... what a load of old bollocks.
Come on Mazrim play the game we have got nothing left in our post 6-0 lives worth talking about !!!!!!

Offline cb

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 11:56:52 PM »
Carlos Queiroz is having a major fall out with the Portuguese FA. Looks like he'll either walk or get fired.

Queiroz would be a brilliant appopintment imo. He would tick many of the right boxes in terms of what we should be looking for. Plays attractive and effective football, knows English football, has brilliant contacts and can spot up and coming talent. I would be afraid that he is (just) out of our league though, whether he leaves Portugal or not...

Offline J

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 12:04:35 AM »

Queiroz would be a brilliant appopintment imo. He would tick many of the right boxes in terms of what we should be looking for. Plays attractive and effective football, knows English football, has brilliant contacts and can spot up and coming talent. I would be afraid that he is (just) out of our league though, whether he leaves Portugal or not...

I could be wrong here, but hasn't Queiroz been massively dissappointing at every club he has managed?

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 12:06:17 AM »
Alright then its Guus Hiddink and with him is coming Pavlyuchenko, Zhirkov and... somebody else.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 12:08:02 AM »
Alright then its Guus Hiddink and with him is coming Pavlyuchenko, Zhirkov and... somebody else.

Colin Kazim Richards.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 12:27:28 AM »

I think he'd jump at the chance. The other thing that would really appeal to Randy, apart from him being a top modern day coach, is Queiroz is a real gentleman. It's a marriage made in heaven. Unfortunately, Queiroz is a bit of a soft touch, lacking the real leadership skills to be a top manager. Players normally end up walking all over him. Maybe his experience alongside Ferguson has toughened him up but I some how doubt it. He did have the balls to single Ronaldo for being a complete twat during the World Cup, so you never know.

Ferguson must see something in him. He wanted him to be his eventual replacement but I still think his lack of leadership is his weakness. Maybe with Kevin Mac alongside him, it might just work. Whatever. I certainly think he'd love the Villa job and with things getting nasty in Lisbon, he'd be looking to prove the suits wrong.

Humm..

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2010, 12:39:06 AM »

Colin Kazim Richards.

"I'm English, without a doubt. I will never ever say I'm not English. English born and bred. I'm Turkish, though" -  Kazim Kazim/ Colin Kazim-Richards

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal