collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Yesterday makes MON even more of a T##t!  (Read 15796 times)

Offline Villa'Zawg

Re: Yesterday makes MON even more of a T##t!
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2010, 02:34:20 PM »
"If the LMA are to be believed.........Faulkner is the twat in this." If that's open-minded I wouldn't want you on a jury.

"If the LMA are to be believed and O'Neill walked because the CEO did the deal to bring Ireland in against his wishes, then he had no choice but to walk and it is Faulkner who is the twat in this. "

You can take it as conclusive if you like, I thought I'd put enough of a caveat in there. I haven't made my mind up about what caused the resignation, there hasn't been a single credible version as far as I can tell.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2010, 03:21:53 PM »
I like the balance to our ex-manager getting the blame for what went wrong yesterday and none of the credit for the West Ham result. 
What a stupid comment.

West Ham was everything Martin wasn't, young attacking team, with youth getting a chance off the bench.

Yesturday was a copy of when Martin was here, lightweight in the middle, waiting too long to change it and bringing heskey on when you need a goal.

We would never have lost by the same score yesterday had MON been in charge.  For one, he'd never have let the players get away with giving less than 100%, he'd have been screaming and shouting at them from his technical area. There was no communication either on the pitch. Regarding team selection, he'd probably have played Beye instead of Clark and got Dunne to do a job on Caroll. Albrighton wouldn't have played; he'd have played Sidwell or swallowed his ego and had NRC in the middle with Ashley out on the wing.

One thing about MON's teams, as dull and uninspiring as they were,  he sets everything out first and foremost, not to lose.

Despite being a long term critic of O'Neill I said as much in the post match thread.  Some of the players he bought may not be worth the money, the squad may be a bit thin now we have a few injuries,  and some of the youngsters could have had a bit more playing time under him, but it's daft trying to blame O'Neill for this gutless performance and result.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 09:52:39 AM by ktvillan »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2010, 03:24:42 PM »
"If the LMA are to be believed.........Faulkner is the twat in this." If that's open-minded I wouldn't want you on a jury.

"If the LMA are to be believed and O'Neill walked because the CEO did the deal to bring Ireland in against his wishes, then he had no choice but to walk and it is Faulkner who is the twat in this. "

Indeed.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2010, 04:29:50 PM »
My original thoughts seem to have got lost.

I never said yesturday was Martins fault, I was merely venting my frustration at the fact we have injuries meaning we need our young players to step up.

I'm blaming Oneil for not allowing our top younger players to develop.
There is no garentee they would progress with loan spells, but Martin held them back. We would be winning a game convincingly and Martin would make one sub, Heskey! Instead of giving the youngs lads a chance. Alrighton looked ready for a season long loan after tge peace cup, everyone but Martin agreed with this no?

So the last 3 results has nothing to do with Martin but the fact Clark and Albrighton were out of their depth was mainly due too him.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2010, 05:08:27 PM »
There were plenty of things Mon did that weren't right, but yesterdays result was down to many peoples favourite for the job, pre match, now perhaps they realise their folly.
He chose several players he should not have, he chose a tactic that was wrong away from home if as we didn't, you don't score.
He then compounded the errors by not making the right changes quickly enough during the game.
As to Carroll, I've no idea how good he will be but not many a cf has given Dunne such a torrid time as he did, and we certainly didn't have in Carew or Heskey a striker a 10th as good.

Offline Macho Man Randy Savage

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2010, 12:21:11 AM »

You can take it as conclusive if you like, I thought I'd put enough of a caveat in there. I haven't made my mind up about what caused the resignation, there hasn't been a single credible version as far as I can tell.

I think if it were the case then I wouldn't blame O' Neill for walking out. It's all still speculation though about his reasons for leaving.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2010, 12:47:50 AM »
The legacy of Martin O'Neill's team - a team without a spine when things start to go wrong.

If we are going to blood young players, you need a very strong player in the middle to help them out when things get tough.  Petrov is not that player, Reo Coker is not that player, Sidwell is not that player, Barry was not that player.  So after 4 years of MON, where is that player in our team.  This in my opinion was the major failing of our previous manager.

We are very good at times going forward and show that we can play football when things go for us.  Being good on the counter attack usually shows that you are unable to dominate the opposition.  So, why after 4 years are we still seen as a counter attacking team if had ambitions of top 4.

We are too open with the type of wide midfield players we have who are all offensive type players.  I think we need to change by narrowing our game down, especially if we want to integrate Ireland into the team as, otherwise, I cannot see where he will play.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal