collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Time for Randy to s*** or get off the pot?  (Read 38371 times)

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
Re: Time for Randy to s*** or get off the pot?
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 02:36:04 PM »
Without quoting the whole post I agree with Ookysmiff. For four years we've had an owner we've boasted about to the world. One petulant strop and a bad result later, we're a "laughing stock" and Randy is "lining his pockets".

Its amazing what a bad result and a poor performance will do,we had a good week up until yesterday,with a good few people saying Kevin Mac should be given a go at the job. Most people on here thought that it was a good idea for Randy not to jump in,especially if there isn't an obvious candidate around.

Apart from the young pups,most of the team should hold their heads in shame after yesterdays game,Randy cant be blamed for that.

Randy hasn't done much wrong so far,keep the faith,im sure he'll come up trumps.

Offline peter w

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 02:39:48 PM »
Losing 6-0 at a side that really are not that good is not a good portent. regardless of how, when, where, why.

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 02:46:01 PM »
Firstly

Randy has been the epitome of everything we had hoped for in an owner:

. Not hogged the limelight when things have gone good / bad
. Ensured that MON took the credit for all the good things - so stands to reason he has to take the flak when it started to go wrong
. Supported the manager with funds we could have only dreampt of before he arrived - 2nd highest spenders last year
.How many times has the General stated "In Martin we trust" i am sure they did not trust him to fuck us over with maximum effect so close to the start of the new season

secondly

. If Randy had a fault it was that he let MON have too much control in matters outside of the footballing side, ie wages, contracts etc
. To throw your rattle out at the first time the owner questions why you have bought some shit and then not play them smacks of a petulant child more than a seasoned manager.
. It is quite well documented that MON was openly touting himself for the Liverpool job - If you were Randy that had to hurt
. The fact that MON left and instantly the inner snctum of support functions ( assist mgr / coach / ftiness coach et al) all leave as well tells you something more than just a spat over money - and lets face it bigger and better managers in recent times have been told they have to sell to buy - why would MON be any different

Thirdly

. It is a huge decision who to bring in next - make a rash one and all the foundations MON and Randy have put in place could come crashing down - in any organisation change has to be for the right reasons (not just some keyboard warriors demanding it) and it has to be as smooth as possible. Everyone said that he would be tested on his next appointment so can we just let then get on with it - we can offer our opinions once the new man is in and had a few games to look and change things - up till then give the guy a break - he is no mug and knows what to do - let him get on with it

I think we need to have as much continuity for the players as possible and that i why i feel the right choice was Kev Mc and until such time as he is offered the role of replaced he has to have our support -and so does Randy.

To anyone who thinks he is not bothered go to the bank and take out half your life savings and throw it down the drain - then see if you are bothered. He has spent a phenominal amount of money since he has been here so i am bloody sure he wants to make the right choice for his investment

Leave the people who run the club alone until they make an appointment - whoever he is

I dont entirely disagree with you, but the bit in bold is conjecture. We dont know exactly the circumstances and events that lead to MON leaving.

What I dont understand is why any difference in views on where the club is going were not sorted out in May. We all know that MON was meeting Randy to discuss the future.
I think we can be fairly certain that MON said he wanted to be able to try and sign x,y and z and would require money to do that.
Randy must have given some assurances that he would be able to. I dont understand why MON would not have just walked then if Randy said he couldnt.

Anyway we can speculate all we like, my main point is that for MON to leave it obviously meant that he believed that under Randy's current outlook on what he is willing to spend, we don't have a chance of getting into 4th.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative of Randy. He has done a fantastic job along with MON to get us to the position where we could make a genuine challenge on getting into the CL. Maybe the whole Man City thing has now changed the landscape compared to what it was when he first bought Villa. But this is his first real challenge as Villa's owner. I hope i'm completely wrong but I get the feeling he isn't dealing with it adequately. This wait and see approach with Kev Mac is not doing anybody any good. Hopefully, they are at present negotiating with the potential new man and my worries will be completely unfounded.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 02:46:55 PM »
Mac will get the Vienna and Everton games and if he beats Everton will still be a contender for the job, will just need to brush up on his tactics for away games.

i can't see any manager being appointed until the international break which is bad for any new signings but I think we have enough in the squad to work with until January.

Offline H00513R

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 03:07:00 PM »
I'm not worried and I'm not writing off this season yet. We've had 2 games so far - one bad and one good. We've lost a manager and arguably our best player. This team needs a full time manager but I don't want us getting one for the sake of having one. Ireland will take a few games to get adjusted to our style. We still have injuries with Gabby, Cuellar, etc.

Now all that said and done, I can't believe we took a 6-0 thrashing to the Toons!

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 03:54:16 PM »
4 years into the 5 year plan and I believe Man City have changed the game, so much so that Randy prob thought that there was no point having another year of large investment with the chances of a top 4 finish diminishing - I think O'neill prob felt that another year of investment was worth it and that champs league footy would cover the outlay. Easier for O'neill to gamble with Randy's money so having seen his chances of champs league qualifiaction effectively taken away, he walked.

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 04:38:46 PM »
4 years into the 5 year plan and I believe Man City have changed the game, so much so that Randy prob thought that there was no point having another year of large investment with the chances of a top 4 finish diminishing - I think O'neill prob felt that another year of investment was worth it and that champs league footy would cover the outlay. Easier for O'neill to gamble with Randy's money so having seen his chances of champs league qualifiaction effectively taken away, he walked.

I think you are most likely dead right....but why wasnt this sorted in May??

Did MON think that Randy would cave and when he didnt he walked?

Did Randy think MON would stay without being given money and tried to call his bluff?

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2010, 04:56:55 PM »
I think you are most likely dead right....but why wasnt this sorted in May??

that's the big question - unless something changed between May and August. Maybe O'neill thought that he could get Millner to give us one more season, the same as he managed with Barry, and when it became obv that wasn't going to happen, and he also wasn't going to be able to replace him, it became too much for him.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 05:00:29 PM »
O'Neill really was special
Even when he walks out days before the seasons kick off and takes all his staff with him, he's not to blame for the confusion left behind.
To generate that much hyperbole amongst his admirers takes some doing.
RL knows what he's about, I think he has exactly what he wants, just the manner of achieving it took a slight hitch.
He'll have a new man in place when it suits him, and if it means we suffer a few poor results he won't bother too much because he's looking to the longer term, which can't be said for Marvellous Martin, who even when he shows 100% what a selfish little shit he can be is still adored by his 'boys'
Having read all the rhetoric about how good KM was and how he must be the new man,its strange how one poor result makes him nearly as poor a choice as Bradley.
What was it DOL said about some Villa fans ah yes fickle. Perhaps he had a point.
We no longer live in the days of Ellis, Randy Lerner is a complete different kettle of fish and its time some fans woke up to it.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 05:16:32 PM »
What was it DOL said about some Villa fans ah yes fickle. Perhaps he had a point.

The only thing Dolly ever did at this football club was leave us with this unfair tag. Time to give it a rest I reckon.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 05:21:44 PM »

The only thing Dolly ever did at this football club was leave us with this unfair tag. Time to give it a rest I reckon.
6th was a good finish first season too, and he bought some decent players who Mon could never replace.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 05:24:45 PM »

6th was a good finish first season too, and he bought some decent players who Mon could never replace.

And when it all went to bits we expressed concerns and got called fickle, as if no other football fans are the same.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2010, 05:33:10 PM »
Fickle, that makes me laugh,
what about the fans that went up to Newcastle on Sunday, and payed to watch that humiliation,
 do you think they will go again, of coarse they will,
because they are not fickle,

what about a manager who walks away a few days away from a new season, Fickle, i'd say so

Offline sfx412

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2010, 06:09:24 PM »
Amazing how one word can trigger so many guilty responses.
How many of those who went to Newcastle were on here shouting loud for KM as manager and then demanding RL to act quickly
None I'd reckon.
As I said its time some fans woke up, RL will take his time and hopefully make the right decision.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2010, 06:12:35 PM »
And in the mean time, the hardest working side in the league will rock up on Sunday and smash the fuck out of us to claim their first win while he procrastinates.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal