collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Time for Randy to s*** or get off the pot?  (Read 38373 times)

Offline Mark H

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: Time for Randy to s*** or get off the pot?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 01:10:52 PM »
Firstly

Randy has been the epitome of everything we had hoped for in an owner:

. Not hogged the limelight when things have gone good / bad
. Ensured that MON took the credit for all the good things - so stands to reason he has to take the flak when it started to go wrong
. Supported the manager with funds we could have only dreampt of before he arrived - 2nd highest spenders last year
.How many times has the General stated "In Martin we trust" i am sure they did not trust him to fuck us over with maximum effect so close to the start of the new season

secondly

. If Randy had a fault it was that he let MON have too much control in matters outside of the footballing side, ie wages, contracts etc
. To throw your rattle out at the first time the owner questions why you have bought some shit and then not play them smacks of a petulant child more than a seasoned manager.
. It is quite well documented that MON was openly touting himself for the Liverpool job - If you were Randy that had to hurt
. The fact that MON left and instantly the inner snctum of support functions ( assist mgr / coach / ftiness coach et al) all leave as well tells you something more than just a spat over money - and lets face it bigger and better managers in recent times have been told they have to sell to buy - why would MON be any different

Thirdly

. It is a huge decision who to bring in next - make a rash one and all the foundations MON and Randy have put in place could come crashing down - in any organisation change has to be for the right reasons (not just some keyboard warriors demanding it) and it has to be as smooth as possible. Everyone said that he would be tested on his next appointment so can we just let then get on with it - we can offer our opinions once the new man is in and had a few games to look and change things - up till then give the guy a break - he is no mug and knows what to do - let him get on with it

I think we need to have as much continuity for the players as possible and that i why i feel the right choice was Kev Mc and until such time as he is offered the role of replaced he has to have our support -and so does Randy.

To anyone who thinks he is not bothered go to the bank and take out half your life savings and throw it down the drain - then see if you are bothered. He has spent a phenominal amount of money since he has been here so i am bloody sure he wants to make the right choice for his investment

Leave the people who run the club alone until they make an appointment - whoever he is

This is the best post I have read in a long time - rational and thought through - stop it !! , what we are supposed to be doing apparantly is running round thinking the world is coming to an end.  Having said that for some reason yesterdays defeat seems to hurt more today that yesterday , probably back to work and all the "banter" that you get at times like this.

Offline peter w

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 01:11:25 PM »
''Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post. ''

This is a good feature Dave - I'm liking the new site.

You can turn that feature off if you want though.

I tried that but couldn't do it.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 01:12:04 PM »
Without quoting the whole post I agree with Ookysmiff. For four years we've had an owner we've boasted about to the world. One petulant strop and a bad result later, we're a "laughing stock" and Randy is "lining his pockets".

Offline djbone

• GM : 16.03.2025
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 01:15:11 PM »
My Norwich-supporting mate texted me this morning saying we should copy what they did after being tonked by Colchester on day one of last season and nick the manager of the team who did the tonking, before going on to win the title .. Think I'd rather Lambert than Hughton tho!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 01:24:32 PM »
Randy Lerner, if nothing else has earnt the right to find the most appropriate manager for Aston Villa in his own time. I'm sure he knows just as well as we do how important a decision this is, and it would have been driven home to him again over the weekend. If we rush now and get the wrong person, he'd get rightly criticised, and we'd be even further behind as a club. Remember, we want the new manager to make the right coaching and personnel moves, and the wrong person will bring in players that we'll end being stuck with for a few years. The right choice will minimize errors and be able to move the entire Villa process forward again.

Hookey makes some excellent points, and we need to keep the faith as Mark suggests.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 01:25:58 PM »
I trust randy to get the right man in but it is going to be hard to find someone with the season under way without paying big compensation money to clubs if we are going to get someone in who is with another club.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 01:28:29 PM »
Excellent post, Hookey.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 01:29:02 PM »
Randy's got to make the right choice but he's also got to act quickly. Another shocker against Everton and KM  - a loyal Villa servant - will be getting the bird from the Holte, something he's done nothing to deserve.

Randy's done all the right things so far, but if he gets this one wrong or dithers too much, he'll soon realise that everything he's done to date will count for nowt

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 01:29:20 PM »
Right to be honest with you the three results and performances since Kevin Mcdonald has taken change have not really made that much of an impression on if he should be our next full-time manager or not.

Looking at them;
West Ham Okay I expected us to win, but maybe not in such a easy fashion, yes it was a case of us great, but them equally as bad, however you have to take the positives from such a good opening day win [don't forget Wigan twelve months ago :-[]

Vienna was just what I expected, but the emergence of Albrighton over the course of that and the West Ham game is where the manager must take must credit

Yesterday was a disater, enough said, but lets up its a one off.

I think he needs two or three more matches to really know if he can handle the job.  For me their shouldn't be any great rush to find a new manager.  Macdonald seems to have the know how, and a cool head to hold the ship at least in the early stages of the season, and its not like we are going to be making great in roads into the transfer market.

For me it would be too much of gamble to give him the job full-time.  And this and getting a good replacement is the key point of our season.  No matter your views MON fact is under him we were almost certain to finish in the top six, and the moment you cannot say that for sure. This might well be a season of transtion.

Offline peter w

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 01:32:04 PM »
Randy's got to make the right choice but he's also got to act quickly. Another shocker against Everton and KM  - a loyal Villa servant - will be getting the bird from the Holte, something he's done nothing to deserve.

Randy's done all the right things so far, but if he gets this one wrong or dithers too much, he'll soon realise that everything he's done to date will count for nowt

I don't think he will. I think everyone will recognise that we need a manager and this isn't a situation of his making, or his team. If we do lose against Everton, or have a shocker, and I think it'll be the first sign - and sound - of discord against randy. Nothing to serious but a nrevous induced cry for something to be done.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 01:32:16 PM »
I agree with Chico.  MacDonald is clearly a very good coach, but I think that yesterday showed the difference between that and managing a team.  Comparisons with Tony Barton are meaningless.  Back then there wasn't a squad of over 20 players to try and shape into a team.

Offline peter w

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 01:34:28 PM »
I don't the newcastle of yesterday but we are starting to feel a bit like newcastle of a season or two back.

Offline eastie

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 01:44:02 PM »
I'm not concerned about o neill going- but I am concerned that 2 weeks later we have heard nothing about a new manager coming in and I have major doubts as to whether randy feels the club cannot break the top 4 and is now scaling back his investmest.

His lack of statements concerns me as did his comment when asked what was more important villa or browns- "well ya kno it's the browns", hardly makes me feel any more confident in him.

Yes , he's given it a real go and invested big in us, but maybe now the dream is over - if that is the case then I just hope he hands us onto someone who has the finance to really push this club onwards!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 01:46:43 PM »
I'm not concerned about o neill going- but I am concerned that 2 weeks later we have heard nothing about a new manager coming in and I have major doubts as to whether randy feels the club cannot break the top 4 and is now scaling back his investmest.

His lack of statements concerns me as did his comment when asked what was more important villa or browns- "well ya kno it's the browns", hardly makes me feel any more confident in him.

Yes , he's given it a real go and invested big in us, but maybe now the dream is over - if that is the case then I just hope he hands us onto someone who has the finance to really push this club onwards!

Of course. Multi-billionaires are hanging around everywhere waiting to take on football clubs.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 01:46:56 PM »
Don't see how someone can say than we are starting again.  At present we are not a mid-table going on relgation side playing terrible football and being poorly run than we were four years ago.  And despite the loss of a good manager, and a couple of key players, we still have a good defence [when all fit] with a brillant leader in Richard Dunne, a decent midfeld and some promising young plaers going forward.

So at the moment we are not in dire shape, but the next couple of months will decide if we can at least compete to stand still or maybe drop away.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal