collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:48:47 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 02:47:04 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:46:10 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Smithy
[Today at 02:45:54 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Clampy
[Today at 02:44:54 PM]

Re: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point? by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 02:44:21 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:43:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:38:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Yesterday makes MON even more of a T##t!  (Read 15787 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Yesterday makes MON even more of a T##t!
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 12:09:20 PM »
I like the balance to our ex-manager getting the blame for what went wrong yesterday and none of the credit for the West Ham result. 

What a stupid comment.

West Ham was everything Martin wasn't, young attacking team, with youth getting a chance off the bench.

Yesturday was a copy of when Martin was here, lightweight in the middle, waiting too long to change it and bringing heskey on when you need a goal.
We would never have lost by the same score yesterday had MON been in charge.  For one, he'd never have let the players get away with giving less than 100%, he'd have been screaming and shouting at them from his technical area. There was no communication either on the pitch. Regarding team selection, he'd probably have played Beye instead of Clark and got Dunne to do a job on Caroll. Albrighton wouldn't have played; he'd have played Sidwell or swallowed his ego and had NRC in the middle with Ashley out on the wing.

One thing about MON's teams, as dull and uninspiring as they were,  he sets everything out first and foremost, not to lose.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 12:20:03 PM »
We would never have lost by the same score yesterday had MON been in charge.

If I said that I'd be accused of being a MONette and mourning the loss of mt Messiah, but you're right!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 12:25:24 PM »
We would never have lost by the same score yesterday had MON been in charge.

If I said that I'd be accused of being a MONette and mourning the loss of mt Messiah, but you're right!
If the hat fits, John..  (winky)

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 12:29:54 PM »
Title of thread is nonsense and I have to agree with what Mark Kelly said.

Seems some people are developing some sort of unhealthy obsession with using every bad thing that happens as a stick to beat MON with.

Yesterday's team selection was extremely naive considering we were playing a newly promoted team away from home.

Possibly is a blessing in disguise that it happened 2nd game in and not 10 games in. But I am clutching for positives.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 01:27:47 PM »
If the LMA are to be believed and O'Neill walked because the CEO did the deal to bring Ireland in against his wishes, then he had no choice but to walk and it is Faulkner who is the twat in this.

btw: "yesturday" is apt.

Where's this?

According to Charles Sale in the Daily Mail, the League Managers Association said that none of O'Neill's targets was outside of the wage structure but Ireland was.

So it's not lazy journalism any more?

I'm sorry, that's too obscure for me to understand.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 01:31:59 PM »
If the LMA are to be believed and O'Neill walked because the CEO did the deal to bring Ireland in against his wishes, then he had no choice but to walk and it is Faulkner who is the twat in this.

btw: "yesturday" is apt.

Where's this?

According to Charles Sale in the Daily Mail, the League Managers Association said that none of O'Neill's targets was outside of the wage structure but Ireland was.

So it's not lazy journalism any more?

I'm sorry, that's too obscure for me to understand.

Side articles such as this one, with no direct quotes, tend to be disregarded as false, and lazy journalism to boot. This one, though, is regarded as gospel.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 01:41:55 PM »

Side articles such as this one, with no direct quotes, tend to be disregarded as false, and lazy journalism to boot. This one, though, is regarded as gospel.

I don't regard it as gospel, I think it poses a question that hasn't yet been answered. It would be interesting to know what the reasons were that O'Neill gave to the board for his resignation.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2010, 01:45:17 PM »

I don't regard it as gospel, I think it poses a question that hasn't yet been answered. It would be interesting to know what the reasons were that O'Neill gave to the board for his resignation.

But you certainly are jumping to conclusions.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 01:48:09 PM »
I was no MON fan, but to blame him for yesterday's result is nuts. He didn't pick the team or set out the tactics. He didn't have the opportunity to make changes during the game.

I think Mark Kelly got it about bang on.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »
Just another pointless thread which could have easily been included somewhere else to save space.  And further edfidence than many of you are having trouble moving on, its quite sad really.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 01:58:44 PM »
Just another pointless thread which could have easily been included somewhere else to save space.  And further edfidence than many of you are having trouble moving on, its quite sad really.

Quite ironic considering your name and the fact that you're posting on here.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 02:02:02 PM »

But you certainly are jumping to conclusions.

and there was I thinking I was being open minded about the possible causes for his resignation.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2010, 02:04:10 PM »
"If the LMA are to be believed.........Faulkner is the twat in this." If that's open-minded I wouldn't want you on a jury.

Offline peter w

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2010, 02:10:43 PM »
I thought there were reports previously that MON didn't actually want Ireland as part of the deal. If true, then it opens this up to further consideration.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2010, 02:12:38 PM »
Judging by the comments from Ireland after he signed, he'd been aware of Villa's interest and his part in the Milner deal for a long time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal