collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Yesterday makes MON even more of a T##t!  (Read 15809 times)

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
Re: Yesterday makes MON even more of a T##t!
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 10:46:03 AM »
I like the balance to our ex-manager getting the blame for what went wrong yesterday and none of the credit for the West Ham result. 

What a stupid comment.

West Ham was everything Martin wasn't, young attacking team, with youth getting a chance off the bench.

Yesturday was a copy of when Martin was here, lightweight in the middle, waiting too long to change it and bringing heskey on when you need a goal.

No, it's not stupid just because you don't agree with it.  You can't blame a manager for the result of the third game after he's left and also say that the other two were nothing to do with him.

We need to move on and I'd rather not be discussing an old manager, but if his influence on the club is still great enough to affect something in the third game after he's left, then it was also there in the two games before.

It is not opinion it is fact.

Martin did not allow our up and coming youths to go out a gain valuable experience.

Andy Carroll showed yesturday that you cannot buy experience, but don't worry we've won the reserve league.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 10:51:57 AM »
If the LMA are to be believed and O'Neill walked because the CEO did the deal to bring Ireland in against his wishes, then he had no choice but to walk and it is Faulkner who is the twat in this.

btw: "yesturday" is apt.

Where's this?

According to Charles Sale in the Daily Mail, the League Managers Association said that none of O'Neill's targets was outside of the wage structure but Ireland was.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 10:53:29 AM »
If the LMA are to be believed and O'Neill walked because the CEO did the deal to bring Ireland in against his wishes, then he had no choice but to walk and it is Faulkner who is the twat in this.

Where's this?

According to Charles Sale in the Daily Mail, the League Managers Association said that none of O'Neill's targets was outside of the wage structure but Ireland was.

So not so much as the LMA said it, but the Daily Mail said the LMA said it?

Incidentally, it is possible to be buying a player out of the wage structure and still doing something about the wage bill (hefty number of high earning, shit players to be moved on).

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 10:55:17 AM »
It is not opinion it is fact.

Martin did not allow our up and coming youths to go out a gain valuable experience.

Andy Carroll showed yesturday that you cannot buy experience, but don't worry we've won the reserve league.

Is it?  It may be a fact that they didn't go out on loan, but it's opinion as to whether that would have been the best thing for them.  There's no point sending them out and then recalling them, which may have been the case if we trying to go with 3 strikers and two wingers in the squad.  OK, they weren't used as much as you or I would like, but you're talking one injury and they would need to be recalled.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 10:59:17 AM »

Where's this?

So not so much as the LMA said it, but the Daily Mail said the LMA said it?

Incidentally, it is possible to be buying a player out of the wage structure and still doing something about the wage bill (hefty number of high earning, shit players to be moved on).

I think this all goes to show what I said at the time was right - we don't know the full facts as to why he left so judgement should be reserved until we do!

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 11:01:46 AM »

Loving the hailing of Andy Carroll as one of the greatest talents in the game after a decent season in the lower leagues and a hat trick yesterday.

I'd have fancied my chances of scoring against us yesterday, and I can't run up and down the stairs without panting for breath.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 11:09:59 AM »
Loving the hailing of Andy Carroll as one of the greatest talents in the game after a decent season in the lower leagues and a hat trick yesterday.

Isn't that exactly what Marlon Harewood did for West Ham?

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 11:12:18 AM »

Isn't that exactly what Marlon Harewood did for West Ham?

Isn't it just, and look how he turned out.

Offline CheeriOneill

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 11:12:37 AM »
Forget the fact that two young decent kids didn't go on loan - I would think the reserve league is not far off the standard of the Championship + Little Barry B went to Blackpool and no offence does not look like he would dominate a Premiership game any time soon!

I do however agree with the conclusion if not the reasoning!!

Offline tarzansbrother

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 11:20:33 AM »
Paulie we got Carew and Heskey. Im hailing Carroll, he did everything yesterday our big 2 cant.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 11:33:43 AM »
The manager should never have players foisted on them, if he didn't want Ireland he had right on his side.
It would be worrying if this is the way transfers are done in the future.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 11:48:22 AM »

Where's this?

So it's not lazy journalism any more?

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 11:51:23 AM »
I like the balance to our ex-manager getting the blame for what went wrong yesterday and none of the credit for the West Ham result. 

What a stupid comment.

West Ham was everything Martin wasn't, young attacking team, with youth getting a chance off the bench.

Yesturday was a copy of when Martin was here, lightweight in the middle, waiting too long to change it and bringing heskey on when you need a goal.

So when we win it's in spite of O'Neill and when we lose it's because of O'Neill?

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 11:55:20 AM »
andy caroll is nothing special and yesterday, i would have backed heskey to score a hat trick against our so called defence...

the lack of protection in front of them from the midfield did not help, but some of the simple things that werent done by the likes of warnock, dunne and friedel, was unforgiveable...

as for the likes of petrov and downing, their powder puff attempts at tackling was nothing short of a disgrace...

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 11:59:10 AM »
i think Andy Caroll is going to be a good striker,
he's young , big, looked mobile to me yesterday, good brain with loads of running of the ball and creating space.

he looked alright to me, i'd certainly swap him for Carew,
 ok are defence had a nightmare game, but you have still got to take advantage, he did

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal