collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Curtis Davies  (Read 60183 times)

Offline bob

Re: Curtis Davies
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 09:25:23 PM »
There's too many rumours and speculation at the moment surrounding our club,

What was it again about Randy staying out of the limelight and letting the manager (or caretaker in this case) get on his job how he wanted to? Hmmm.

Hmmm... do you see the problem here?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 09:26:16 PM »
KM decided to play both Clarke and Albrighton, even though they'd played several games in quick succession, and admitted his error.
I don't think Davies, or Collins and Cuellar would have made much difference when all around them were allowing players to run by without challenging.
Main error was to set the team up to attack without a goalscorer, and when you don't get a 2 goal lead you deserve maintain the same formation until you are 5-0 down.

And those are all reasons why KM is an excellent coach, but - as yet - not a manager.

Offline bob

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 09:26:24 PM »
With all due respect what the fuck do you know from Toronto Canada ? I have seen some shite over the last 45 years but i have'nt seen chairmen pick teams to save money and here in Birmingham, England i am really hurting right now so if it's correct as some are implying that Lerner has told the manager not to pick Curtis Davies, clearly a better player for today's situation that Clark, it's a disgrace.

You're a disgrace.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 09:32:09 PM »
With all due respect what the fuck do you know from Toronto Canada ? I have seen some shite over the last 45 years but i have'nt seen chairmen pick teams to save money and here in Birmingham, England i am really hurting right now so if it's correct as some are implying that Lerner has told the manager not to pick Curtis Davies, clearly a better player for today's situation that Clark, it's a disgrace.

You're a disgrace.

Why /
Because I care about my club ?

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 09:32:59 PM »
It's been a horrendous day, but let's all calm down and stop taking it out on each other, shall we?

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 09:37:07 PM »
Fair enough.

Offline Macho Man Randy Savage

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 09:53:26 PM »

I seem to remember somthing similar happening with Mustapha Hadji a few seasons ago. That was the rumour anyway.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010, 09:59:51 PM »
There's too many rumours and speculation at the moment surrounding our club,

What was it again about Randy staying out of the limelight and letting the manager (or caretaker in this case) get on his job how he wanted to? Hmmm.

Hmmm... do you see the problem here?

Erm... I think you have just taken two quotes out of context there.

I want Lerner to come clean about current situations i.e new manager etc... but at the same time I don't think he should be interfering and thinking it's his job to pick the team.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2010, 10:13:31 PM »
Well we should play him or sell him, simple
I never thought I'd say this but couldn't we offer him to Spurs as part of a deal for Keane?

Edit: Nah, forget it, knee jerk reaction to having no fucking striker on the pitch today. We really do miss Gabby.

Offline boboonthecorner

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2010, 10:17:35 PM »

You're a disgrace.

I agree with you Oscar, don't listen to them. Davies has been stuck on 49 games for far too long now. Something is clearly not quite right.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2010, 10:20:15 PM »
I wonder whether the main question with Curtis isn't if he's not being played to save money, but why we spent 9.5m on him in the first place.

At various times I've thought "yes, I can see something in him, there's a good player there", but far more frequently I've found myself thinking that he got it spot on himself, and he really is a pub player.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 10:21:33 PM »
I wonder whether the main question with Curtis isn't if he's not being played to save money, but why we spent 9.5m on him in the first place.

At various times I've thought "yes, I can see something in him, there's a good player there", but far more frequently I've found myself thinking that he got it spot on himself, and he really is a pub player.

Christ was it really that much?  I must have blocked that out.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 10:21:50 PM »

You're a disgrace.

I agree with you Oscar, don't listen to them. Davies has been stuck on 49 games for far too long now. Something is clearly not quite right.

He started a game on Thursday, so I don't see how he's been stuck on 49 games for very long.

Am I missing something (genuine question)?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2010, 10:23:41 PM »

I seem to remember it was £8m.

Still more than we should have paid considering what we got.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2010, 10:26:44 PM »

I seem to remember it was £8m.

Still more than we should have paid considering what we got.

May have been 8, then, but as you say, 8 or 9.5 isn't the main issue, we should have got a lot more for 8m

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal