collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Curtis Davies  (Read 60003 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Curtis Davies
« on: August 22, 2010, 07:59:43 PM »
Where was he today?

As he played against Vienna, I'd be surprised if his omission was anything to do with fitness.  If we've decided to play a youth team player like Clark who was carrying a knock, instead of Davies just to save a few quid, then something is very wrong at the club.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Curtis Davies
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 08:01:01 PM »
Yeah good point, also he couldn't have done any worse today then our two centre halves.

Offline rbcuk

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 08:39:02 PM »
Think it was due to the fact if he plays one more game he gets an improved contract

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 08:39:49 PM »
Well I hope that's not true or it would be very worrying.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 08:57:45 PM »
Yes i read a report last week somewhere about triggering a better contract or more payments to previous clubs. Just checked wiki and he has played 49 games now inc loan spell, so the 50th game, his next will trigger a few things i think

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 09:00:53 PM »
I think it is true. The contract situation was explained by his agent after his op for his shoulder last year (60 games = big pay rise). As he doesn't look like becoming the real deal, I don't blame the club for their reluctance.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 09:01:39 PM »
I've never understood why Davies doesn't get played much... before he got injured 18 months ago he was a monster in defence alongside Laursen. I really rate Davies and he does deserve another chance, if we sold him it'd be another player (in my opinion) that we'd wrongly let slip out the backdoor without much thought. Besides, I've never understood why some Villa fans feel so negative about him... ofcourse they'll blame him for one of ''O'Neill's buys''.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 09:03:01 PM »
Well we should play him or sell him, simple

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 09:06:24 PM »
He is for sale Des it's just that no-one wants him

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 09:09:53 PM »
This is a disgrace if Lerner has not played Davies because of some clause that would cost him money then may I be the first to say Lerner out !! And Lerner is apparently picking the team is also the consequence of this by the way.
I know today has been bad but this takes the biscuit. Davies is a better player than Clark at the moment for us and the team, that should be the only question.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 09:13:17 PM »
This is a disgrace if Lerner has not played Davies because of some clause that would cost him money then may I be the first to say Lerner out !! And Lerner is apparently picking the team is also the consequence of this by the way.
I know today has been bad but this takes the biscuit. Davies is a better player than Clark at the moment for us and the team, that should be the only question.

With all due respect, you have completely and utterly lost your marbles

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 09:18:22 PM »
Exactly. I'd be disgusted and shocked Randy Lerner could be such a sneaky rat if that is the reason Davies did not play today. There's too many rumours and speculation at the moment surrounding our club, but this would make extremely angry and it's about time the board come clean instead of leaving the faithful fans in limbo. What was it again about Randy staying out of the limelight and letting the manager (or caretaker in this case) get on his job how he wanted to? Hmmm.

Offline bob

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 09:19:50 PM »

Er... the only question should be what the fuck are you talking about?

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 09:20:44 PM »
With all due respect what the fuck do you know from Toronto Canada ? I have seen some shite over the last 45 years but i have'nt seen chairmen pick teams to save money and here in Birmingham, England i am really hurting right now so if it's correct as some are implying that Lerner has told the manager not to pick Curtis Davies, clearly a better player for today's situation that Clark, it's a disgrace.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 09:21:40 PM »
KM decided to play both Clarke and Albrighton, even though they'd played several games in quick succession, and admitted his error.
I don't think Davies, or Collins and Cuellar would have made much difference when all around them were allowing players to run by without challenging.
Main error was to set the team up to attack without a goalscorer, and when you don't get a 2 goal lead you deserve maintain the same formation until you are 5-0 down.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal