collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is a 6-0 defeat a lack of respect for the travelling fans?  (Read 15866 times)

Offline steffo

Re: Is a 6-0 defeat a lack of respect for the travelling fans?
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 08:51:21 PM »
Having played football (not at a paid level) even when you took a belting - you took a pride in your performance. Second half there was no direction and pride. 6-0 is unacceptable for Aston Villa. If we are to accept that level then the Blues will God forbid return us to the dark days.

Offline west sussex villan

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 09:10:41 PM »
Today was an absolute F?>@:Łg disgrace. I thought we were going to have a new manager for the game? There was no fight no passion. I feel sorry for the fans who travelled and payed the money today. I felt sick watching it at home. We didn't even have anyone decent on the bench to come on and change the game. I don't care what anyone says about Martin O'neil the fact is he has left us without a squad.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 09:15:12 PM »
My mate said he saw online that the Premier League were investigating Barton's celebration... he claimed it was a borderline "Nazi salute"... anyone else hear that? Can't find it anywhere.

Offline west sussex villan

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 09:16:52 PM »
He's probably to thick to realise what he did

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 09:28:29 PM »
At least he can shave his tash off now!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 09:30:12 PM »
Found it... link. In fairness, prick though he is, the Nazi salute idea is a bit unlikely... nobody could be that retarded, could they?

Offline TheFoolio888

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2010, 09:34:19 PM »
It's not the end of the world. The team selction was all wrong and Ireland should never have played, but...

The biggest disappointent has to be that we should have seem something other than a repeat of the first half in the second. If anything it was worse and it showed a real lack of commitment to try and get back into the game. Ashley was trying hard but would have been much more effective without the strops, other than that we just bent over and took it.

I would have been gutted if I'd have been there.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2010, 09:35:15 PM »
Back on to the topic of "Respect" there were two clear examples for me today.

At the start of the game Ireland had his name chanted and didn't acknowledge the travelling support at all.  That either means he didn't hear us (and this would back up my view the boy's a bit simple) or he has no respect whatsoever for the fans.

Secondly, at the end of the game when the vast majority of Villa fans had, somewhat understandably, decided to start the long journey home early the players didn't acknowledge those who'd stuck it out to the bitter end at all.  I for one would've appreciated them coming to our end to acknowledge us but no, they all skulked off straight down the tunnel.  I hope Kev McDonald gave them an absolute roasting for that and the overall performance.

Respect?  I didn't see too much at all.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2010, 09:41:02 PM »
Found it... link. In fairness, prick though he is, the Nazi salute idea is a bit unlikely... nobody could be that retarded, could they?

I saw it and immediately thought it was a Nazi salute myself.

Smith and Barton, what a combination.

Offline SpenJC

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2010, 10:00:10 PM »
So you assume that my defending myself against your dismissing my observations as bla bla bla is "better fan than you are bollocks".   Perhaps you should give some thought to the reality that I probably am a better fan than you are.   67 years unbroken on the Holte.   Third generation Villa fan, all my children Villa fans, all my grandchildren Villa fans, over 1000 Villa games attended but most importantly I do no come on here to sneer at other Vllla fans' honestly held views.  There are not many better Villa fans than I.

That's excellent Brian if you post your address on here i'll send you a fucking medal KNOB!!!!!!!

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2010, 10:02:23 PM »
So you assume that my defending myself against your dismissing my observations as bla bla bla is "better fan than you are bollocks".   Perhaps you should give some thought to the reality that I probably am a better fan than you are.   67 years unbroken on the Holte.   Third generation Villa fan, all my children Villa fans, all my grandchildren Villa fans, over 1000 Villa games attended but most importantly I do no come on here to sneer at other Vllla fans' honestly held views.  There are not many better Villa fans than I.

That's excellent Brian if you post your address on here i'll send you a fucking medal KNOB!!!!!!!

I think it is best if you take the night off.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2010, 10:06:29 PM »

I believe Brian was responding to my post. I don't remember asking you to get involved.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2010, 10:34:20 PM »

`

There's no need for that.  I was at the game today, I don't want my money back and Archie, who is Italian and who we met in Vienna, may not have expressed his English too well, and Brian who is one  of our most esteemed posters deserves more respect off people than that. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 10:37:22 PM by villajk »

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2010, 10:38:36 PM »
Heavy defeats on the road are all part of supporting your club.  As long as the players put in maximum effort you just have to take them on the chin.  Today although we were abysmal we did put in some effort, it was just a very bad day...a freak result possibly.

What I can't stomach and what couldn't have been noticeable by the travelling support was Downing's attitude coming off the pitch at the final whistle.  There he was, smiling and exchanging pleasantries with a Newcastle player.  Disgraceful! absolutely disgraceful.  If I had of been anywhere near him I'd have kicked him in the bollocks.

At least make out the result is hurting you even if you couldn't give a shit about it.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2010, 11:22:34 PM »
Heavy defeats on the road are all part of supporting your club.  As long as the players put in maximum effort you just have to take them on the chin.  Today although we were abysmal we did put in some effort, it was just a very bad day...a freak result possibly.

What I can't stomach and what couldn't have been noticeable by the travelling support was Downing's attitude coming off the pitch at the final whistle.  There he was, smiling and exchanging pleasantries with a Newcastle player.  Disgraceful! absolutely disgraceful.  If I had of been anywhere near him I'd have kicked him in the bollocks.

At least make out the result is hurting you even if you couldn't give a shit about it.

I actually made that very same comment about Downing at the end of the game. The problem you would have (having seen his performances since joining Villa) with kicking him in aforementiond bollocks is you owuld need to have a fabulous aim. I predict he has bollocks the size of a hamster. The gutless wanker

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal