collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is a 6-0 defeat a lack of respect for the travelling fans?  (Read 15856 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Is a 6-0 defeat a lack of respect for the travelling fans?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 08:14:33 PM »
Bla bla bla we've got thrashed in one game the Universe has ended. We'll beat Everton next week and six points from nine is fine.

For fucks sake, cut the nonchalant attitude. So you're able to shrug it off, well hoo-fucking-ray for you.

We got humiliated by a shower of shite. We were annihilated. Everton will smash the back out of us to claim their first win of the season.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 08:16:50 PM »
Why not ask if it is a lack of respect for away supporters to come back to VP with a 0-6 defeat?

We are a club.

We're in it together or we're not. Which is it?

Offline Ads

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 08:18:33 PM »
What clichéd tripe. In it together? Where have you been for the past 18 years or more? The away end at St James’ Park is a fitting analogy for the distance between the modern day footballer and you or me the fan.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 08:19:11 PM »
We did not get thrashed.   We were belittled and humiliated.   I strongly suspect that anybody who can sneer at the pain endured by those of us who travelled a long way at considerable expense as no more than bla bla bla was a) not there and b) has no respect for the Villa fans who were.

Offline Archie

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 08:21:01 PM »
Hope your friends enjoy their night out in Newcastle Archie, you haven't lived until you've seen 18 stone Geordie slappers walking around in mini skirts!
That's 114.3 kilos,Archie. It ain't pretty.
[/quote]

He, he, Nice touch, mate!

P.S. I would like to clarify that I never thought that the travelling fans should ask the rembourse of the ticket.
My point is very different. It deals with the moral more than with the economic aspect.
I think that the players can not show such a poor display, they can win or lose but should think that fans do great efforts (not only in financial terms) to follow the team  away and the players must show a bit of care.
That is what I call: Respect.   

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 08:21:21 PM »
Bla bla bla we've got thrashed in one game the Universe has ended. We'll beat Everton next week and six points from nine is fine.

For fucks sake, cut the nonchalant attitude. So you're able to shrug it off, well hoo-fucking-ray for you.

We got humiliated by a shower of shite. We were annihilated. Everton will smash the back out of us to claim their first win of the season.

I'm not nonchalant. Just aware that Manure lost five-nil there and still won the league. We've played TWO league games. Please don't allow the media to portray us as a "crisis club" as they will try to as they are the O'Neill fan club. If we realise that Carew is never going to score twenty goals in a season and sign a new forwarxd then Pukecastle might actually have done us a favour.

Offline Ads

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 08:22:50 PM »
We did not get thrashed.   We were belittled and humiliated.   I strongly suspect that anybody who can sneer at the pain endured by those of us who travelled a long way at considerable expense as no more than bla bla bla was a) not there and b) has no respect for the Villa fans who were.

Brain, you capture my thoughts completely. Humiliation does not feel like a strong enough adjective. The players actually gave up today, they just gave up.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010, 08:23:37 PM »

I wasn't sneering at the travelling fans I was making a point about a previous post. I've been to watch us at Newcastle and Sunderland and all over the country so please avoid the better fan than you bollocks.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2010, 08:24:25 PM »
By the way I agree we were disgracefully bad in the second half.

Offline Andyg

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2010, 08:26:40 PM »
Defeat is just about acceptable, if the team has worked hard, but the attitude today was totally unacceptable. They had no urgency, no fight, no desire. For 25 mins we were the better team and even at 3-0 we could have gotten something from the game, but the players gave up. They were an utter disgrace and should be ashamed of themselves for the way they let themselves and, in particular,Kevin Macdonald down. To say they let the fans down and disrespected them is a given.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2010, 08:39:47 PM »
Thinking about it I might have been hasty with my previous posts, didn''t mean to take the piss out of anyone, just trying to deal with today's shit result in my own way. I still think we'll be ok though it's only one gash awful performance. Peace and love to all.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 08:41:11 PM »
So you assume that my defending myself against your dismissing my observations as bla bla bla is "better fan than you are bollocks".   Perhaps you should give some thought to the reality that I probably am a better fan than you are.   67 years unbroken on the Holte.   Third generation Villa fan, all my children Villa fans, all my grandchildren Villa fans, over 1000 Villa games attended but most importantly I do no come on here to sneer at other Vllla fans' honestly held views.  There are not many better Villa fans than I.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 08:45:43 PM »
I am 30. Everything you have said suggests you are an older, not a better, fan than me. Apologies for not supporting Villa 37 years before I was born.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2010, 08:46:32 PM »
Let's all sleep on it guys and hopefully the first half of this week might bring us some news on a new manager to help us forget today. I feel utterly drained and am doing everything I can to stay away from any sort of sports coverage for the rest of the day.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2010, 08:46:53 PM »
By the way read my previous, concilliatory, post.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal