collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Prem Manager Out?  (Read 5792 times)

Offline enigma

Re: Next Prem Manager Out?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 07:50:06 AM »
DW really does seem to like and believe in Martinez so I think he'll get more time. Last season he guaranteed Martinez would keep his job even if they were relegated. His belief might waver a bit if results don't improve though.

As such, I went for Hughton. Newcastle are a worse team than when they went down and I think will really struggle. Mike Ashley won't want relegation again if he still wants to find a buyer for the club so I can see him getting an itchy trigger finger soon.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 07:51:07 AM »
Houghton to make way for O'Neill

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 08:26:47 AM »
Got to be Martinez surely? Apart from a couple of stand out results last year they were shite and with a goal diff of -10 after 2 games this season things dont look good for him

Thinking about it, didn't they concede 8 at Chelsea the last game of last season too? (Plus of course the 9 at Spuds).

Wigans last 3 league games are a combined score of 0-18. Wigan.....half way to Bon Accord.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 11:13:25 AM »
It's a tie between Martinez & Manchini I reckon. Whoever said Bruce is a good shout though - don't think all is well there.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 11:26:16 AM »
Got to be Martinez.  Worst ever start to a Premier League season and, even more worrying than that, as they said on MOTD last night they don't even look like a team, just a collection of individuals.  Blackpool may have got battered yesterday too but at least they looked committed and together.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 12:07:37 PM »
I quite like Martinez but can't stand Wigan for various reasons, so hopefully they'll get rid of him and bring someone loathsome in.  Yeah, bring back Paul Jewell, that would be ideal.

Offline gerags

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 12:57:04 PM »
The way West Ham are playing I wouldn't rule out Grant.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal