collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: ??% Villa - how bad are Citeh for football?  (Read 23075 times)

Offline PhilGibson

Re: ??% Villa - how bad are Citeh for football?
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2010, 08:46:05 AM »
God I hate Man City! Spoiling our party by coming along with there flash the cash attitude to some of our better players. Dam them!

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2010, 09:01:32 AM »
I can't help thinking that if we'd have tamely lost 3-0 to Man City the commentators would be delighted and yet they were positively in mourning for Thieverpool.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2010, 09:46:07 AM »
I was surprised to hear that it was the first time he'd attended a match.

Sheikh Mansour al Gregnash

To give him his full name and title:

Sheikh Mansour al Gregnash bin larfin bin freebasin al faceplam.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2010, 09:49:28 AM »
Sheikh Mansour Gregnash Bin Laptop, the fakir

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2010, 02:19:49 PM »
I heard on a broadcast that some teams like Citeh might be disqualified from UEFA participation (Champions Leage and Europa League) in the future because of their fiscal imbalance between expenditures and profit.  Has anyone else heard of this criterion or was the announcer just "blowing it out of his *ss"?  If this is true and the ratio is reasonable,  UEFA could help save the EPL from total imbalance (which is the way that it is trending).  Any details on this situation would be greatly appreciated.  At any rate, the EPL needs some type of salary control (even if it is a luxury tax).

UEFA financial rule changes

I think in the medium term at least, it will make it harder for us to compete.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2010, 04:27:34 PM »

Exactly my thougths. Thanks for  succinct summimg up.  They could  of course use their wealth to improve the life of their fellow human beings in Yemen, Sudan and Ethiopia etc but  to  filthy rich Arabs those people  are sub-human.

Because there are no homeless people in the west that could be helped by the billionaires over here? More to the point, why should the rich arabs have to help people there just because they're local, what does proximity have to do with it? The rich people over here are equally capable of helping people in Yemen/Sudan/Ethiopia. It's a bit harsh criticising the rich arabs, when the rich westerners are usually no better.

I dont think you've thought that through. Western Billionaires dont generally employ slave labour in the tens of thousands to build themselves expesive follies. The crass, gaudy, showy megastructures built in the UAE were built on the backs of migrant workers who were denied civil rights, decent conditions and basic health and safety.

I'm not saying Western money couldnt be put to better use, just that Arab sheikhs are vile despots.

Man City fans who glory in their owners' wealth are like people who go on holiday to Dubai. Completely lacking in taste and morals.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2010, 07:25:16 PM »
Tomorrow's Sport on Five will be a Citeh Special.

Anyone would think that there is something uniquely newsworthy in a club being able to outspend every other club out there.

Thank goodness there's a Villa match to concentrate on.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2010, 07:39:32 PM »

I dont think you've thought that through. Western Billionaires dont generally employ slave labour in the tens of thousands to build themselves expesive follies. The crass, gaudy, showy megastructures built in the UAE were built on the backs of migrant workers who were denied civil rights, decent conditions and basic health and safety.

My dad was seconded to the Kuwait Air Force a few years before the Iraqi invasion. At the time when I visited him he said that the ruling family treated their fellow Muslims like shit. Pakistanis mostly, doing all the work for sub-standard of living wages and a lot of mental and physical abuse for their mega-rich masters.* There were bombings at the time too from dissidents.

*I lean to the Country=Human analogy a lot. A new country is born and they go through phases. Some countries are still going through their feudal phase (toddler).  Some could argue the USA is going through its imperial (teenage) years, whilst the UK is in its look toward home (middle age) years. I might bring this up in a separate thread.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal