collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: ??% Villa - how bad are Citeh for football?  (Read 23074 times)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: ??% Villa - how bad are Citeh for football?
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2010, 12:07:04 PM »
Atleast with Chelsea they actually had a very good team (and still do) rather than a bunch of overpaid clueless individuals all bunched up into a team.

Man City have never been a significance to the football world,

Can we please be careful that the Man City situation does not dilute our justified utter loathing and hatred of Chelsea. I actually utterly despised Chelsea before the Abramovic millions, in fact i hated them even before that bearded mouthy twat Ken Bates was involved.

As regards significance in football history pre- mega money, you will find Man City while no Villa are more significant than the west London cinderella club ever were.

Dont get me wrong, going back to the original question of how bad Citeh are for football. I would say on a scale of 1 to 10, then about 50 billion.

Lets just make sure we have enough hatred, loathing and bitterness to spread round all the bad boys of football.
I know I have.

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2010, 12:38:08 PM »
Can we please be careful that the Man City situation does not dilute our justified utter loathing and hatred of Chelsea. I actually utterly despised Chelsea before the Abramovic millions, in fact i hated them even before that bearded mouthy twat Ken Bates was involved.
No fear of that with me. A bigger assortment of hateful bastards I have yet to encounter.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2010, 12:40:54 PM »
This is the last year I will be having a season ticket as I've fallen out of love with football. I think Villa are trying their hardest to be a 'proper club' whilst trying of course to balance the need to be successful and run as a successful business.

Man City are an upgraded version of Chelsea, who were and upgraded version of Blackburn. It all kicked off with sky, they created a monster and they fuckin' well piss me off with their obsessive news reports and reporters constantly camped outside of the training ground for the slightest snippet of news.

Football lost it's sole years ago, now it's life is terminal.

I'll be looking forward to my golf membership next year and my handicap coming down. It doesn't mean I love the Villa any less, I just don't like the fact we're part of this whole money making machine for players that generally don't give a shit.

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2010, 12:42:56 PM »
I know, there's definitely something fishy going on.

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2010, 12:47:33 PM »
I know, there's definitely something fishy going on.

Come on...there's a time and a plaice for that

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010, 12:54:37 PM »
I'm kind of indifferent on Chelsea as a club... but their 'fans', oh boy, I hate them with a passion. They're possibly the worst 'fans' in football.

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2010, 12:55:16 PM »
It's a right load of carp.

Offline D.boy

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2010, 01:04:42 PM »
What a load of pollacks.
Since its birth the premier league has been about money. With the obscene amounts being thrown around now by the likes of Chelski/Man Citeh they have taken it to another level (not the football). Fergie moaning about it is hypocritical because I'm sure he would be doing the same if he had the cash.
Citeh - They have spent more than United but have still won feck all. It would be interesting to see what happens next season if they win nowt this year (please god). Will they hoover up all the best players again on stupid wages and 5 yr contracts. They will be paying millions to get rid of the surplus and one day one of these clubs citeh/chelski etc will be left in the lurch and they will be totally bolloxed. I can't wait to see it happen and will have no sympathy.
As for sky... I cancelled mine 2 yrs ago.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2010, 01:04:48 PM »
I can put my hand on my heart and say for definite that I DO NOT WISH IT WAS US.

I totally agree.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2010, 01:17:34 PM »
One thing I think Hughes got right there was the purchase of solid PL experience to be a good base for them to build on.  Whether he paid over the odds or not, players like Given, Bridge, Barry and Bellamy were the right way for them to go at first.  He then went a level up and got the likes of Adebayor and Tevez to add to it.  What I now see is that sensible approach being abandoned in favour of the Fantasy Manager philosophy, which isn't a bad idea in and of itself, but they're sacrificing the base they've guilt in order to do this.

I think it will all end in tears.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2010, 02:01:34 PM »
For fucks hake, citeh's pikey turbot charged spending spree has made me sick to the gills.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2010, 02:11:10 PM »
The best thing that could happen for football would be for Man City to flop. If, for all the millions spent, they don't win the league in the next few years then it might make other owners think again about how to go about it.

They don't seem to have grasped that the most important signing Chelsea made was Mourinho, Mancini has done nothing to suggest that he's in that class.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2010, 02:14:21 PM »
One thing I think Hughes got right there was the purchase of solid PL experience to be a good base for them to build on.  Whether he paid over the odds or not, players like Given, Bridge, Barry and Bellamy were the right way for them to go at first.  He then went a level up and got the likes of Adebayor and Tevez to add to it.  What I now see is that sensible approach being abandoned in favour of the Fantasy Manager philosophy, which isn't a bad idea in and of itself, but they're sacrificing the base they've guilt in order to do this.

I think it will all end in tears.
Nail on head.

Offline D.boy

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2010, 02:15:27 PM »
I don't think Mankini will be there come the end of the season.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2010, 02:38:25 PM »
If I was a multi billionaire and I wanted to take Villa to the next level (not that I would ever give a penny of my money to mercenaries and their parasitic agents) I would do it gradually.

I’d start from the bottom and build the club up with decent foundations.

1 – start with a ten year plan to win the league, not get 4th place. I’m a billionaire I dont need the Champs League money I want trophies. Money comes with success anyway.

2 – Invest in the world’s finest training facilities and open it up to the public so they can see their team training. Footballers only train for about 8 hours per week so I’d also share the facilities with local schools and other sports clubs from the area. My club would be part of the community.

3 – Recruit the best youth team coaches I could get and start to build an academy of local kids. Not go around hoovering up the best talent from academy’s across Europe. I’d start them young and get my coaches to teach them how to pass and move and use their brains. Any youth team players who got too big for their boots or got into trouble would be out. No matter how good they were. There would be a Villa philosophy of good morals and players would have an appreciation of their fortunate position. All players would be expected to take and pass GCSEs and A-levels (or equivalent) and any players not making it as pros would be supported in their search for other careers (possibly in other sports).

4 – Employ a manager with character and morals (a Roy Hodgson type) rather than a superstar name figure poached from a rival club in an unseemly tug of war. Then give him a 5 year contract and tell him he has 5 years to get it right. Not 6 months and then sack him when we lose a couple of games. I’d also give him complete freedom in footballing matters and keep my nose out of his business (except for point 5)

5 – I’d sanction the signing of no more than 3 big name players per season. You can’t build a brand new team each year and expect them to win anything. I’d want continuity. I have a ten year plan anyway so am in no hurry. I’d also make it clear to my manager that I value the inclusion of home grown talent who are brought up with the Villa philosophy. Any player caught doing a John Terry or getting into trouble with police would be sacked. No matter who they are. I’d conduct my transfers within the letter and spirit of the rules. No poaching or tapping up. And if a club thought they could take me for a ride because I was loaded then they could forget it.

6 – Every member of staff from the tea lady up to the star striker would be expected to give something back to the local community. We’d provide support to charities, give discounts to local schoolchildren and members of the armed forces. We’d have a different local charity as our shirt sponsor every two years (not an original idea, I admit) and the players would be expected to know and understand about the lives of local fans.

7 – I’d build the stadium up to cater for 55-60k fans and then I’d sell tickets at pre-Sky prices. I’d keep the same kit for two seasons rather than replace it every year like most clubs do. I’d sell real ale and quality food in my stadium at normal prices. And I’d let every paying adult bring a child under 10 in for free. As a billionaire I wouldnt be interested in squeezing my fans for every last penny. I’d just want a full stadium each week and happy fans.

Now that is a thing of beauty!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal