collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What team/formation will we use now?  (Read 5646 times)

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
Re: What team/formation will we use now?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 05:16:55 PM »
Same as Saturday for now with Ireland in for Milner, for me.

We've got options though, Nige can come in. Ash can play wide and Ireland off the front etc.

Offline nechells

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 05:35:20 PM »
I thought Downing was excellent on Saturday. But I watched the game again last night, and while Albrighton is clearly the star of the show, Ashley Young was really outstanding. Just everywhere, chasing back, in attack. Great intelligence like his pass to Albrighton for Milner's goal. He looked like he really wants it this season. In fact they all did.
I certainly prefer the 4-4-1-1 that we played on Saturday.As you say,Young was very willing to work back and supplement the midfield which made us look very strong in that department.It also IMO contributed to the performances of both Milner & Petrov as there was always options for them as opposed to just punting it forward for Carew to hold or Gabby to run onto.I have felt we have been over-run in midfield too often-Benfica being the latest occasion.

We will probably not expect Albrighton to be thrown in & last a full season so it's good to have options.I just have a sneaking feeling that Youngs preferred position is in that hole behind the striker.

One thing is for sure-Milner & Ireland are different players & we could do with replacing Milner-Easier said than done,I know.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 05:38:30 PM »
Hopefully we can get Ash and Ireland dovetailing like Ireland and Robinho did to great effect season before last.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal