collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Even Stilyan sticks the knife in.  (Read 9526 times)

Offline hutchavfc

Re: Even Stilyan sticks the knife in.
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 12:50:11 PM »
Mac is better as a coach, he is not a manger and we (Villa) would be fool hardy to appoint him as manger. Assistant Coach, yes, long term manager no.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 03:08:12 PM »
I thought stan had a good game aswell i was impressed by him long may it continue.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 03:44:06 PM »
'everybody is going to play during the season'

seems a funy thing to say when your only the caretaker manager on a match to match basis at the moment ?

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 03:44:35 PM »
I came to the match worried about the midfield being a bit weak and thought it was a strange move to pick Milner but Kev made some real ballsy decissions which all seemed to work Clarke and Albrighten were great as were most of the team. The energy the passing, the wing play were great. We could easily have scored 6 or 7 everyone seemed to play for each other and were actually enjoying themselves then to bring on Bannon and Weiman ahead of Heskey was great. I came away from the match saying thats the best i have seen us play for years. As others have said the shackles were off.Very impressed, long may it continue.

Offline Pongos hat2

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 04:40:16 PM »
This stuff must now be getting painful for MON and his followers. He's left to his very good friends like Oliver Holt, Pat Murphy and other media chums to keep up the mirage of a legendary manager. Well i suppose thats where his rep was built from anyway.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 04:45:50 PM »

seems a funy thing to say when your only the caretaker manager on a match to match basis at the moment ?

I thought that myself..........

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 05:25:53 PM »
This stuff must now be getting painful for MON and his followers. He's left to his very good friends like Oliver Holt, Pat Murphy and other media chums to keep up the mirage of a legendary manager. Well i suppose thats where his rep was built from anyway.

Martin Samuel, who I've always thought has a personal axe to grind with Villa anyway, was less than complementary about Lerner in his article today. Although seeming to accept the argument about sound financial sense, what he basically said was that with O'Neill gone Villa are just another boring club who are happy to settle for less and allowing O'Neill to leave was symptomatic of that. He'd much rather we took the plunge, apparently, and frittered the future away even though it could lead to oblivion a la Pompey and Hull. If you think that's my own skew on it, check out his piece in the Dail Mail.

Offline Pongos hat2

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 06:00:16 PM »

Martin Samuel, who I've always thought has a personal axe to grind with Villa anyway, was less than complementary about Lerner in his article today. Although seeming to accept the argument about sound financial sense, what he basically said was that with O'Neill gone Villa are just another boring club who are happy to settle for less and allowing O'Neill to leave was symptomatic of that. He'd much rather we took the plunge, apparently, and frittered the future away even though it could lead to oblivion a la Pompey and Hull. If you think that's my own skew on it, check out his piece in the Dail Mail.
Tottenham, Everton got into the champions league with far lower wage bills and far lower transfer budgets. So how about we do a Tottenham or Everton instead and get a more savvy manager in?. All the arguments are down to having a manager rated far far higher than is reality.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 06:06:14 PM by Pongos hat2 »

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 06:04:53 PM »

I thought that myself..........

Maybe he just meant "everybody has a part to play"....Bulgarian and all that.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2010, 07:23:52 PM »
Mac is better as a coach, he is not a manger and we (Villa) would be fool hardy to appoint him as manger. Assistant Coach, yes, long term manager no.

But he is a 'manger'; it clearly states on Page 3 of Saturday's programme: 'The Manger Kevin MacDonald's column'!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal