collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Marc Albrighton  (Read 16073 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Marc Albrighton
« on: August 16, 2010, 08:55:47 AM »
I know i may sound like i am getting carried away but if he played for United or Arsenal the wankers in the press would be clamouring already for him to be playing for England (remember Freddie Sears one goal for WH and they did with him)

Heart full of pride for him and the other players

5 across midfield and 4 of them English (Does Fabio need to look anywhere else but VP?)

Offline Chris Harte

Re: Marc Albrighton
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 08:57:07 AM »
Personally I reckon the longer he goes unnoticed by Capello the better for Villa.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 09:00:31 AM »
I remember the national media queuing up to suck Anton Ferdinand's cock when he played for West Ham.
We all knew that in reality he was shit, and so it has been proved.

I'd rather Albrighton slipped under Capello's radar, otherwise we might have a player ruined by the greedy underperformers of the England squad.

Offline jembob

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 09:00:56 AM »
Indeed I was also thinking that if he had played in a Wenger team then he would have already been to the World Cup. Hopefully he won't get too much exposure and pressure although he seems to have a sensible temperament.

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 09:03:31 AM »
Previously, our threats have come from Young and Gabby's pace. That was really it. Except for when Big John was 'on' as he's unplayable.

Now it comes from Young, Albrighton, Downing, Milner is freed up to do more, and now Petrov is getting in the box and scoring. If we can keep Milner or replace him very well, we should be an absolute nightmare to play against. Both Young and Albrighton will have two players on them leaving an awful lot of real estate for others to do serious damage.

My only concern with Albrighton (and this is based on the WHU match alone) is that he appears very one-footed. It probably won't be long until the opposition suss this out. Let's hope he can learn some tricks.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 09:05:34 AM by Troy Eccles »

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 09:14:48 AM »
I agree with Troy.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 09:22:56 AM »
Was very impressed with Downing Young and Albrighton and how they worked together.

Not sure how(if) Ireland will fit in where Milner did, although reading Bluemoon the City fans said that even when they were playing poor Ireland stood out a mile as his work rate was far superior to anyone else's.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 09:27:05 AM »
F*** England. Every time a player of ours goes on international duty they end up with an invitation to go elsewhere. Selfish, I know, but after three summers of losing our best players I'm in no mood to be kind.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 10:08:24 AM »
In A Young and to a certain extent Downing, we have two wide men who can whip a cross in. But in Albrighton we have a player who can take defenders on and beat them. And he appears to relish doing it. It gives us another dimension going forward. Long may it continue.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 10:10:26 AM »
I agree with Troy.

Plenty of players get by with just one foot. I understand the concern but sod it, he can probably use the other foot when he needs to.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 10:14:36 AM »
It's one of those things where we have to balance keeping our/his feet on the ground and not getting carried away with not being guilty of talking the player down or failing to recognise what we have.

I think the best way to deal with it is "Good start - now go and do it again!"

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 10:20:53 AM »
He was excellent, the best full debut I have seen for years.  The reason he stood out in the game is because he is unknown to other teams and the defender he was up against was useless.  He took full advantage. 
Once he gets known it wont be before long that defenders will need to double up on him. The will also have to keep doubling up on Ashley at the same time.

It's double trouble for defenders from now on.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 10:27:11 AM »
It's double trouble for defenders from now on.

The way Downing played, there may be three players they need to double up on soon.....

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 10:27:21 AM »
Gordon Cowans, Steve Hodge, David Platt, Gareth Barry, James Milner.

Just a few names of Villa players that, once they made the England team, were being told they had to move on to be more ambitious. And so they did.

I stopped wanting to see Villa players in the England squad after the Platt episode.  It's still the same now.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 10:45:43 AM »
In-Gur-Lund aren't exactly blessed with top-class wingers (Lennon, SWP and Walcott are all very average, Johnson looks about the best of the bunch) so expect Marc to get a go before the end of the season if he carries on at this rate.  They're not exactly blessed with young centre-halfs either, so it's not unrealistic that Clark could get a call up too.

Like OzVilla says, i've been sick of it since Platt.  The only way to stop it is to put ourselves up there above Citeh, Spurs and Liverpool, so players have no reason to leave.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal