collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Director of Football to help out Kevin  (Read 8927 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: Director of Football to help out Kevin
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 08:26:27 AM »
How about a more low profile "General Manager" type who works with the Club owner to put the squad together (with input from the "Head Coach") in the NFL/MLB/NBA style ?

America Is Not The World

The point of my suggestion was that in the past "Directors of Football" have tended to be high-profile older managers. The actual manager would likely always see them as a threat to their job.

What I'm suggesting is employing someone with a different skillset to the person coaching the team. A person with the skills required to build a team might not necessarily have the skills to get the best out of them on the pitch (and vice versa).

In such circumstances, the threat to each person's job from their colleague would be reduced

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2010, 08:29:20 AM »
If KM is appointed I'd assume we'll need to bolster the coaching ranks with people of his choosing but not a DoF - I think in the English game at least that's the role which is partly adopted by the CEO.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2010, 12:04:34 PM »
How about a more low profile "General Manager" type who works with the Club owner to put the squad together (with input from the "Head Coach") in the NFL/MLB/NBA style ?

America Is Not The World

The point of my suggestion was that in the past "Directors of Football" have tended to be high-profile older managers. The actual manager would likely always see them as a threat to their job.

What I'm suggesting is employing someone with a different skillset to the person coaching the team. A person with the skills required to build a team might not necessarily have the skills to get the best out of them on the pitch (and vice versa).

In such circumstances, the threat to each person's job from their colleague would be reduced

How about David Cameron??  Oh actually he's already ruled himself out.  Thank Fuck!

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2010, 01:41:57 PM »
How about instead of a DOF, we appoint more of a 'figure head' manager who does the press work, is the 'name' to attract players and Kev Mac is the man behind the scenes taking the training and doing most of the day to day work?  I'm thinking Klinsman, who as I understand it workled in a similar way when Germany manager and his asssitant then took over.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal