collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by Risso
[Today at 10:49:11 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by AV84
[Today at 10:36:29 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 10:32:50 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by AV84
[Today at 10:31:25 AM]

Championship Memories by Mellin
[Today at 10:14:25 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Ads
[Today at 09:59:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:42:20 AM]

FA Cup replays scrapped by tomd2103
[Today at 09:31:13 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sunday Supplement Today  (Read 40748 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Sunday Supplement Today
« on: August 15, 2010, 10:21:04 AM »
I don't know if anyone else has been watching this today, but I have made the mistake to. They are being incredibly disrespectful about Villa. They are banging on about M'ON being the best asset to the club. Some Muppet from the Daily Mirror also referred to the General as 'Colonel Tom'. Also apparently it's impossible to follow O'Neill because he massively overachieved. They are also painting Randy as some sort of tyrant, who has been unreasonable. I am now absolutely fuming, and apparently O'Neill spent nowhere near what the 'top 4' spent in his time at the club.

Offline Chris Harte

Re: Sunday Supplement Today
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 10:28:01 AM »
Then take comfort in the fact that they are ignorant, have no knowledge about our club.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 10:30:01 AM »
I watched it as well. Earlier, it had said 'Thriller at Villa', but in the end it was just Villa & RAL taking a pasting. Terrible journalism, really, as I expected them to have a better understanding of the Club.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 10:30:26 AM »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 10:30:47 AM »
Yep caught a bit of that.  Nearly made me want to puke my breakfast up.

Two seasons of dire football at home.  O'Neill leaves.  Inspired display of inventive, clever football ensues.  You'd think the thick bastards would notice that, but no.

Offline DaveK

• GM : 25.08.2015
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 10:31:30 AM »
Yup - I saw it and it made my piss boil.

Totally disrespectful to the General, Randy and AVFC in general. Utter drivel. Apparently MON was our "biggest asset" and "established us as a top 6 side". The club have resorted to "propaganda" with the General's and Randy's comments.

After the third or fourth "lack of ambition" and "selling club" I turned off.

I'm not anti MON, and I think we will struggle to get another manager of his quality in the near future, but this was utter, uninformed drivel and made me grateful that my remote has an "off" button :)

Offline SO Villa

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 10:34:18 AM »
Of course, it was O'Neill's team yesterday. No, it was O'Neill's squad - there's a difference you fucking clowns.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 10:36:17 AM »
I don't bother with stuff like that. They won't be as informed about the club as I will through this site, so there's no point.

Offline Holtemeister

• Location: Living in Birmingham (just) but definately still a Yam Yam
  • GM : 22.07.2016
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 10:38:37 AM »
Just remember a proportion of folks on here @ 2.59 yesterday would probably have agreed with them ....

Only those who saw past the MON spin saw the inherrant problems at the club and that they were mainly of MON's making apart from the lack of unexhaustable funds.

I have to say I am shocked by the standard of the Tabloid Press sports journalism, ill informed, blatently wrong or total lies and their journlists do not seem able to put two sentances together in a coherrant manner.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 10:41:47 AM »

Two seasons of dire football at home.  O'Neill leaves.  Inspired display of inventive, clever football ensues.  You'd think the thick bastards would notice that, but no.

As I said on the match thread we did the same to Burnley, Hull and Bolton last season. If we start playing like that every week then you'll have a point but at the moment it's one result against a shit side.

Very one-sided opinions I thought from the journalists and Holt was particularly disrespectful but equally I'm not buying the party line that they want us to believe of Randy good, Martin bad.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 10:45:25 AM »
I'm not saying that M'ON should be burned at the stake, he did some good things at the club, but it was time to go. The 'journalists' on the Sunday Supplement were unbelievably one sided. The bloke who kept saying look at Martin improving assets like Ashley Young and Milner, which is correct. However against those two there is Sidwell, Harewood, Davies, Shorey. The bloke from the Mirror was a disgrace.

Offline bwykes_771

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 11:16:33 AM »
i think they were being nice to oneill so if he does speak out they might get "exclusive"

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 11:18:07 AM »
utter utter shite from ill informed brain dead agenda filled morons...

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 11:19:46 AM »
I can't think of anything worse than watching a programme like that. They write enough shit in their papers, without having to listen to them talk it.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 11:31:49 AM »

As I said on the match thread we did the same to Burnley, Hull and Bolton last season. If we start playing like that every week then you'll have a point but at the moment it's one result against a shit side.

Very one-sided opinions I thought from the journalists and Holt was particularly disrespectful but equally I'm not buying the party line that they want us to believe of Randy good, Martin bad.

Did we bollocks. We've not played like that under O'Neill.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal