collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: TV Coverage Moans  (Read 10423 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: The first MOTD thread of the season.
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 09:23:42 AM »
we could change the title of this thread to 'lets all be paranoid about MOTD]

if you went on every prem club forum you would see that all other fans think there is some great conspiracy from the media against there club,

they all complain about media bias against them
they all complain about the amount of copy in the papers on them, then when they get some complain about what it says

especially those from manc land [both sides now]

we are all the same really, paranoid

on a serious note, can you all stop talking about me behind my back

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 11:31:51 AM »
keV mac wasn't nicknamed len at Liverpool , he was nicknamed albert after albert tatlock who was always moaning- I sky plussed it and only just watched it , no mention of len or len fairclough somn - next you'll be calling him blanche!

As I never watched Corrie in the 70's-80's Len was the only name that came to mind.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 11:52:29 AM »
All I watch for MOTD is the goals, the punditry is dreadful, just stating the bleeding obvious.

Offline Tony Boucher

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 12:10:51 PM »
why the fook MOTD is not in HD???   they shove HD down our throats all year and one of their most popular programmes is not in HD....   

I'd guess that the HD cameras are a bit pricey and they'd need several at each match (for different angles etc) and would spunk a load of cash on 10 x 90mins of HD coverage only for some of them to be condensed to less than a minute on MOTD when they show (for example) Blackburn's riveting 0-0 draw away at Wigan. So you could argue they're spending our licence fee wisely by not doing MOTD in HD. Individual live games are another matter though....

MOTD won't be HD until they've moved to Salford Quays - next season's a possibility.  Even Sky don't have all the highlights in HD (Football First) and they're much hotter on the HD front

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: TV Coverage Moans
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2010, 02:12:22 PM »
I've renamed this thread so we can reuse it if required,

Anyone notice that Last nights Beeb programme that lasted 1 hr was dominated by Chelsea and Manu for half of it and then the other half covered pretty much only the goals (no replays) from two nights worth of matches. Of course there was  extended coverage for the Arse - Spuds match when that one appeared. Isn't it great how such an unbiased and non audience orientated channel still seems to target the top 4?

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2010, 08:11:43 PM »
All I watch for MOTD is the goals, the punditry is dreadful, just stating the bleeding obvious.

Stan Collymore used my login that day!

On last night, don't they for the early rounds of carling cup games save costs by justing having one main camera?

Offline greenwichvilla

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2010, 08:42:53 PM »
I've renamed this thread so we can reuse it if required,

Anyone notice that Last nights Beeb programme that lasted 1 hr was dominated by Chelsea and Manu for half of it and then the other half covered pretty much only the goals (no replays) from two nights worth of matches. Of course there was  extended coverage for the Arse - Spuds match when that one appeared. Isn't it great how such an unbiased and non audience orientated channel still seems to target the top 4?

I thought it was weird how Sky had shown the Arsenal and Manchester United games and then the BBC still proceeded to show them at length. Fair enough showing the Chelsea game, it was a bit of a cracker. But surely no-one who was really interested in Arsenal or Spurs would not have already seen that game, or at least the highlights of it, in the previous 24 hours?

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2010, 09:18:18 PM »
Tv game so it actually has commentators and more than one camera angle.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal