collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:49:45 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Bad English
[Today at 12:46:34 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:41:49 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:35:00 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by simon ward 50
[Today at 12:34:58 PM]

Ollie Watkins by eamonn
[Today at 12:33:39 PM]

VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:27:06 PM]

Fog stopped play by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 12:12:31 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:49:45 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Bad English
[Today at 12:46:34 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dogtanian
[Today at 12:42:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:41:49 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by eamonn
[Today at 12:40:28 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 12:39:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by usav
[Today at 12:38:27 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:35:00 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Randy Lerner attacks Manchester City - Interview from today  (Read 29097 times)

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
Re: Randy Lerner attacks Manchester City - Interview from today
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2010, 09:22:37 AM »
The Man City twats on Blue Moon really don't like Lerner.
And nothing could make me any happier!

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=175975&start=3890

Examples:

Lerner is dicking us around if his interview in tomorrows mail is anything to go by.

Calling us "big bad city" for daring to offer them more money at a second attempt.

I would like Milner at City but the cock of a chairman can swivel if he carries on this way. We dealt with them so well last season for Barry and are offering them a double their money deal for Milner. Hate piss takers.

Not exactly violating the rules is it Lerner,
We have every right to bid on any player we see fit regardless or wether we are told he is or isn't for sale.

And how is that breaking the rules? Yank twat! City should release a statement saying that if Villa think we have broken the rules PLEASE complain to the FA. And then just watch the prick crawl back under his rock! He's upset because he arrived in the Prem as a rich owner and like many others his ego took a knock when the Sheik turned up! Well fuck em! Keep spending Your Majesty!

just watched most of the Villa/West Ham match. Milner was immense. Total commitment all over the pitch and his offensive instincts are quality too. I think the Gerrard comparison was spot on. Oh a hair bellow of course but he is still so young. Get this done!

i think they will ask for even more money after his performance yesterday. sigh

I've never been a 100% happy about signing Milner but yesterday has finally convinced me that he is the young hungry midfielder we are lacking (unfortunately due to MJ continued absence as IMO he is a better player) hope the deal is done today.

Offline d.boy junior(sid)

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2010, 09:27:04 AM »
Is there any hope that we can completely rob these c**nts and stop the Milner deal but so steal Ireland from them seeing as they want him too go? I think it's too late for Milner but after yesterday we have a better chance, proving all the pundits wrong ft great, yes I know I turned on the chairman and will admit it, but after today seeing him cheer and reading that statement has proved me thankfully wrong so I'm happy as hell to be a villian waking up after stuffing Avram rat and west ham :D

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2010, 09:47:47 AM »
Way to go randy let's keep milner and tell them manc twat's to f**k off.

Offline hackneyvillain

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2010, 09:55:52 AM »
One Randy Lerner.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2010, 09:56:25 AM »
When he said that Kevin McDonald came up to him re: Milner and just said 'Ask for more money,' that was the kind of thing my mum would say.

Top read. Glad he got a round of chants from the ground yesterday.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2010, 10:01:33 AM »
Sunday supplement are arse licking MON. They really haven't got a clue what there on about!

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2010, 10:03:43 AM »
Sunday supplement are arse licking MON. They really haven't got a clue what there on about!

I'm watching that, too. Dismal, dismal 'reporting'.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2010, 10:08:07 AM »
"Colonel Tom"

Apparently we are now the worse club to manage after MON has left. We have massively overachieved under him and MON adhered to a rigid wage structure. They mention that we are paying alot more then Spurs and Everton and then say you need to pay those wages to be top six totally ignoring the fact that  one of other two clubs mentioned have finished above the last three seasons.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2010, 10:08:36 AM »
I like the way the Money City fans are saying 'we have every right to bid on a player if blah blah blah...' No, you don't. You have every right to enquire privately if a player might be available for sale, but you do not have the right to have said player's agent leak to the press how much you are prepared to offer as an opening bid before you actually do that. You can do it, but it doesn't mean it's 'right'.

Offline PhilGibson

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2010, 10:14:21 AM »
"Colonel Tom"

Apparently we are now the worse club to manage after MON has left. We have massively overachieved under him and MON adhered to a rigid wage structure. They mention that we are paying alot more then Spurs and Everton and then say you need to pay those wages to be top six totally ignoring the fact that  one of other two clubs mentioned have finished above the last three seasons.

Watching this has made me realise how much agenda driven nonsense is put in the media, Martin O'Neill is obviously one of the media darlings and we as a club have not pandered to his every whim, therefore by default he was our best asset so now we are a load of crap and on the slide. Journalists are not worth the paper they write on, Oliver Holt certainly wants Martin's babies.

Bah annoying idiots! Onwards and upwards.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2010, 10:15:47 AM »

I'm watching that, too. Dismal, dismal 'reporting'.

Pretty jaw-dropping stuff from Oliver Holt, Paul Hayward and John Richardson.

On the one hand they were dismissive of the General's remark that O'Neill thought he was bigger than the club, and then on the other hand ramming home their opinion that O'Neill was the club's biggest asset, that he did a fantastic job, that there is no way we'll finish 6th without him and that following him is now the worst job in football.

The fact that Milner and Young are now worth more than we paid for them was offered as a justification for the £120M spend.  No mention of the millions wanked away on highly paid players whom he never selected.

Richardson also trotted out the line that O'Neill has the touch of Clough about him, citing Clough as a manager who upset players but won trophies, without mentioning the fact that O'Neill won nothing for us.

Having previously lauded Lerner to the heavens for being an enlightened owner, he was strongly criticised for having lost his nerve, tightened the purse strings too far, and in doing so lost the best thing Villa had going for them.

A load of old bollocks from the pro-O'Neill lobbyists (i.e. the press).

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2010, 10:20:27 AM »
They said all MON players are worth more than he paid.

By my reckoning Milner n Ash have gone up in price.

The apparent surplus 6 are all worth half what Martin paid for them.

Total ignorance who bleat on about foreign owners not running clubs properly, then when ours is they slaughter us and bum off Oneil!

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2010, 10:26:15 AM »
They also said that what Randy is wants in our next manager is a 'yes man'.

I did agree with them in the respect that they said our ambitions have gone down.  The club would never admit to that of course but given that breaking the top four is now harder than it was two years ago, and given that it's clear we won't be spending in the same way that we were two years ago, it's difficult to see how we're intending to catch and overtake Spurs and Man City.

It's easy to state that the club's ambitions remain the same as they have always been, but how serious are we about doing everything we possibly can to achieve them?

Offline SO Villa

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2010, 10:27:13 AM »
Richardson seemed to think it was a disaster that Villa will not now be able to replace Milner with McGeady. How the fuck would that have improved us? I was interested to hear what they'd say about O'Neill, I wish I hadn't bothered - it was completely ill-informed crap. One of them had the nerve to say it was 'disrespectful' of the club to criticize O'Neill in public.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2010, 10:33:08 AM »
They were breathtaking in their ignorance.  But then what would you expect from Oliver Holt, whose paper The Mirror is to football reporting what Gold and Sullivan are to running a football club.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal