collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Randy Lerner attacks Manchester City - Interview from today  (Read 28965 times)

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
Re: Randy Lerner attacks Manchester City - Interview from today
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 01:50:44 AM »
Not too sure why they are allegedly protrayed as Big Bad Manchester City. Is their behaviour not the way most clubs try to attract a player that they want - Don't be put off by the first knock back, go back with an improved offer.

There is I believe an unwritten code of conduct between clubs. There is a difference between "No, that bid is not enough" and "No, the player isnt for sale, please do not ask again under any circumstances". When you say the latter, as I believe we did, you should not expect to hear from them again. Apparently Man City dont really care about codes of conduct and will just try and bully you into doing business with them and tapping up your players.

I hope Randy tells them to fuck off.

Well said, as usual.

Watching Milner last night (well, it was night for me), I was expecting to feel some kind of loathing for him. But I didn't. I love the bloke. I love seeing him running about destoying teams. I love seeing him being the engine room of our team. I love seeing him in a Villa top.

I HATE the idea that Man City feel that they can just look at leagues around the world and choose players like they're picking them off the shelf at a supermarket.

I can't understand why Randy isn't going to make a complaint though. Yes, it's got to the stage where we've had to conceded that he's off and so we've been essentially forced to negotiate with these clasless ******, but that doens't change the fact that we've been bullied into having to negotiate. It's so anti-football.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 02:05:17 AM »
Does anyone else get the feeling he might be deliberately antagonising Man City in an attempt to derail the Milner transfer.

I hope he does.

Mainly because I'm sick to the tits of hearing people in the media defending O'Neill, by referring to how we've "become a selling club" - strange when we've sold, err, Nicky Shorey. I also don't remember them labelling Spurs a selling club for flogging Berbatov, or Arsenal for selling Adebayour to Man City.

It really fucks me off, and it makes me realise just how much we have come to be seen as Martin O'Neill's club rather than Aston Villa for the last couple of years.

Spot on Senór Walnuts.

The Pissed Vampire was at it again tonight on MOTD, interpreting RL's statement this week as confirmation that we refused to match MON's ambitions. The fcuking cheek of it. If it's unambitious to not want Aiden McDoughnut at close to £10 million I'm in the vanguard of that particular movement.

The guy had eroded a fair amount of goodwill with some seriously shit transfers.

If by the end of this transfer window we still have Davies, L.Young and NRC on board, have acquired Ireland, missed out on McGeebag and lost MON- on balance- I would say we've come out ahead.

Online Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2010, 02:07:41 AM »
I can't help but feel we're really very lucky to have Lerner in charge of Aston Villa.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 02:32:47 AM »
I can't help but feel we're really very lucky to have Lerner in charge of Aston Villa.

Yes and  to have the General posting on here.

I love that interview and think Milner would be stupid to join city, they looked clueless against Spurs.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010, 02:42:34 AM »
I'm reading this when pissed but Randy's last comment made me feel euphoric!!!!. Come on Sper Kev!!!!!

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2010, 03:35:20 AM »
That from Randy is as close to us ever seeing him animated and it feels really good doesn't it? Right now, with these comments, the performance of the team, the body language of all the players, it is a massive rallying call to all Villa everywhere. I said that it would be rash if KM was appointed based on this. That he's a top reserve coach with no experience at managing and it's a very different ball game to just coaching. But that if he wants it, that he may be a very good choice and I'd be thrilled for him. It's obviously in Randy's thoughts that Kevin may just be the galvanizing force to glue us back together. I appreciate what MON did for us, but it is now abundantly clear that he was tearing us apart by the end.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2010, 03:47:49 AM »
As walnuts and Gage have mentioned, the constant ''MON wanted to take Villa further but Lerner is content for Villa to be an also-ran but financially sound'' mantra from practically every pundit/football reporter this week has been really dispiriting. ''He wasn't going to get the Milner money'' - Er, yeah, not when he was planning on blowing his wad on McGready after showing plenty of form for cocking-up the purchases of players. ''There was talk of Ashley Young going to Spurs ergo Villa are happy to be financially sound but uncompetitive'' - he's a top player who will always be linked to moves, just like Torres, Fabregas et al.

The way they've twisted Lerner's statement about there being no change in his vision of the club to read that we're unambitious and mediocre while ''energetic'' O'Neill, who is ''full of ambition'' had done all he could for Villa is complete codswallop. But for some reason, MON is revered as this weird and wonderful Woody Allen of association football. In Ireland its worse - every fucker who has an opinion on football seems to think the deity of Derry has been terribly wronged.

Offline villan1975

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 04:05:24 AM »
went to the park wanting to hate milner but the class act he is he was world class today.trully sad to see him leave under the cloud that is man shitty.not only from a selfish villa point of view he needs to stay for himself and his own career.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2010, 07:21:40 AM »
Well said, Randy, and food for thought for those who have turned so totally against the chairman in the last week.

Who has turned totally against him? I must have missed that.

I think he's come out of it pretty well by not following the General's example and entering into a point scoring game.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2010, 08:54:52 AM »
Good stuff from Randy Lerner. Being the quiet man can sometimes mean when you do have something to say, people will sit up and notice more.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2010, 08:57:55 AM »
So can Terry venables please fuck off the twat, How stupid does he feel now after his piece in the sun yesterday!

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2010, 09:06:59 AM »
Great interview and insight into Randy 'getting mad'.
However, as good as yesterday was, I would not rush into giving KM the job.
Its a massive ask, and the manager of top Premiership clubs needs experience.
Keep KM as part of the backroom, give him a payrise, but please bring in a top man, the club needs and deserves it.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2010, 09:10:25 AM »
Well said, Randy, and food for thought for those who have turned so totally against the chairman in the last week.

You, for   starters.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2010, 09:10:37 AM »
 i wasnt at the match yesterday,

what was the level of support for Randy amongst the fans during the match ?

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2010, 09:21:34 AM »

You, for   starters.

No I haven't, that's pure Walnut bulshit.

I wasn't happy with what the General said but I posted this about Randy "Very pleased with Lerner's statement, nothing to be gained by raking over the coals" seems an odd way for me to express how I've "turned so totally against the chiarman".

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal