collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by tomd2103
[Today at 04:02:46 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Risso
[Today at 04:00:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by LeeB
[Today at 03:58:06 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 03:49:48 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 03:48:40 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 03:44:34 PM]

Re: Fog stopped play by Bernie
[Today at 03:42:03 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Forge10
[Today at 03:40:17 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Randy Lerner attacks Manchester City - Interview from today  (Read 29098 times)

Offline The Man With A Stick

Re: Randy Lerner attacks Manchester City - Interview from today
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2010, 10:29:40 PM »
Listened to Pat Murphy and Gobby Cabbage on 5L yesterday: they are both in mourning about MON's departure and think the club have been foolish in the extreme.

Lily is one of his old players and Murphy (who was virtually calling Lerner a liar on R5 yesterday morning) always seemed very pally with O'Neill, so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over what they think.
Yeah I know the heritage of both. Ain't losing sleep over anything. Just thought I'd provide some perspective on the commentary we're getting from journo-land.
Calm down, old timer!

Oi!  I'm only 32!  Old timer indeed...

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2010, 02:50:24 AM »
However, this overriding feeling of MON's Aston Villa is something that will take time to get rid of, and his loyal followers won't believe a word against him in that time. I appreciate a lot of what MON did in the 4 years he was here, but WE got our club back yesterday.

You were one of those loyal followers TV.  When you did you realise he wasn't the right man for us?

I was a supporter not a loyal follower. There's a big difference because I never defended him blindly. But I certainly didn't think he was worthy of the barage of criticism he received from some in his first three years. There were times he was being criticised or ridiculed for just about everything and I didn't agree with that. The last year of his charge things did change. He became more stubborn, and his overall demeanour changed. I've said in that time that he was the right person to get us to this point, but I didn't think he was the man for the next step forward. My opinion of his tenure evolved as opposed to changing dramatically.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 02:57:39 AM by toronto villa »

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2010, 02:55:31 AM »
However, this overriding feeling of MON's Aston Villa is something that will take time to get rid of, and his loyal followers won't believe a word against him in that time. I appreciate a lot of what MON did in the 4 years he was here, but WE got our club back yesterday.

You were one of those loyal followers TV.  When you did you realise he wasn't the right man for us?
When every body else said so

Honestly you don't half talk bollocks. When was the last time you actually contributed to this site as opposed to trying to simply score points off someone? Your posts are such useless drivel and once again you've got involved in another thread with the specific intent of bringing it down. If you've got nothing constructive to add, go and play somewhere else. Don't comment on anything else I have to say because every time you do its quite pathetic.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2010, 03:30:29 AM »
Tonto There you go.
Some of us have been pointing out that your man is not the mesiah and all your ilk has done for the last couple of years is to acuse us of being negative for the sake of it, you have even had the audacity to sugest that because we have pointed out that he is not the real  deal is to insinuate that we are not real supporters. So now your hero thows his toys out the pram and proves that what we have been saying in terms of selections, tactics, transfers,  management and personality you try and make out you have been with the programme all the time. But will you hold your hands up and admit you were wrong? no, will you for one second apologise to those that you have tried to ridicule? no and why because you are not big enough.
Some of us carried the belief that MON was not Aston Villa and that our club deserved better and where were you Tonto, nowhere so dont come on here trying to play the big man, you have been shown up for what you are.

Offline Pongos hat2

« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2010, 04:44:32 AM »
Listened to Pat Murphy and Gobby Cabbage on 5L yesterday: they are both in mourning about MON's departure and think the club have been foolish in the extreme.
Let's be clear: MON did a brilliant job for us when we needed a messiah to follow; no question. However, the team's performances of the last quarter of last season, the dodgy team selections he made, the body language and the increasingly morose interviews that he has done in the last few weeks convinced me that the time to change was coming. Basically, I think he was mentally spent!
So, we've got to move on ... let's hope the journos do too, but in the meantime who cares what they think?!

And as for the Citeh fans, I suspect they'll lose a manager within the next 6-8 months.
The next 3 or 4 years will determine that. Unfortunately for O'Neill.

Hopefully the messiah never comes any where near Villa again. But please have your messiah fan clubs away from Villa park.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2010, 09:05:33 AM »
Tonto There you go.
Some of us have been pointing out that your man is not the mesiah and all your ilk has done for the last couple of years is to acuse us of being negative for the sake of it, you have even had the audacity to sugest that because we have pointed out that he is not the real  deal is to insinuate that we are not real supporters. So now your hero thows his toys out the pram and proves that what we have been saying in terms of selections, tactics, transfers,  management and personality you try and make out you have been with the programme all the time. But will you hold your hands up and admit you were wrong? no, will you for one second apologise to those that you have tried to ridicule? no and why because you are not big enough.
Some of us carried the belief that MON was not Aston Villa and that our club deserved better and where were you Tonto, nowhere so dont come on here trying to play the big man, you have been shown up for what you are.

Pack it in both of you. Final warning.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2010, 09:16:21 AM »
One of my main bug bears about Doh'Neill is the way he became synonamous with the club in the same way as Ellis used to be.

Totally wrong, big club managed by a little man.

Offline stevenjos

« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2010, 09:52:08 AM »
I just hope Randy pulls the deal with Milner and we tell them to "&&^( off"

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2010, 10:25:09 AM »
One of my main bug bears about Doh'Neill is the way he became synonamous with the club in the same way as Ellis used to be.

Totally wrong, big club managed by a little man.

You know, I never felt as though we were "O'Neill's Villa" in the way some talk about it.  Yes, we had a high profile manager and our club was previously largely ignored by the media, but that's the view from those outside the club/fans, which is one I do not tend to be overly concerned about.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal