collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Kosta Nedeljkovic - signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:34:37 PM]

NSWE Investment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 03:34:27 PM]

Celebrity Fans. What's The Point? by Risso
[Today at 03:31:03 PM]

Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa Post match interaction by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 03:28:18 PM]

Villa Park by Simon Page
[Today at 03:21:32 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Baldy
[Today at 03:20:38 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by SamTheMouse
[Today at 03:16:36 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by coreyfeldman
[Today at 03:14:56 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Optimistic OR pessimistic?  (Read 6840 times)

Offline Gaztonniller

Optimistic OR pessimistic?
« on: August 14, 2010, 09:57:40 AM »
New season about to kick off and all footy clubs get another chance to start afresh with all the failings/successes of last season now confined the the history books.  So for this new season are you optimistic  ;D, or pessimistic  :( of how the club will perform in prem?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 10:17:25 AM by Gaztonniller »

Offline sfx412

Re: Optimistic OR pessimistic?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 10:01:23 AM »
Confused

Offline The Walshmeister

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 10:04:51 AM »

I'll cheer him, not sure why, but while he wears the shirt I aint gonna boo him. I might have a little boo when he wears his manshitty shirt tho! :'(

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 10:19:38 AM »
I'm more optimistic than I was 6 days ago. I think there will undoubtedly be a shift in our style and approach. I just hope we try and play attacking football at Villa Park and actually try and win some games. There are some good players in that squad and with the likes of Luke Young, NRC, Sidwell and Davies all now in the frame to play again, with Albrighton, Bannan, Lichaj, Clark and Weismann all waiting in the wings for their chance there's hope.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 10:21:54 AM »
Optimistic now that fuck face has gone.

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 10:23:11 AM »
Pessimistic in that we have "lost" this transfer window, but open to being optimistic depending upon whom is appointed.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 10:23:22 AM »
I'm more optimistic than I was 6 days ago. I think there will undoubtedly be a shift in our style and approach. I just hope we try and play attacking football at Villa Park and actually try and win some games. There are some good players in that squad and with the likes of Luke Young, NRC, Sidwell and Davies all now in the frame to play again, with Albrighton, Bannan, Lichaj, Clark and Weismann all waiting in the wings for their chance there's hope.
Agreed.

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 10:26:42 AM »
I feel very positive, we will make use of the whole squad and use the subs more.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 10:32:10 AM »
Optimistic.

If O'Neill had carried on, you knew how we'd play, the kind of players we'd sign, which members of the squad would get used and which wouldn't, what the substitutions would be and when, that we'd get two or three good results against the top sides and a few poor ones against the bad sides, that we'd struggle to break defensive teams down (especially at home), and that ultimately we'd finish in more or less the same place. 

It was all so predictable.

Now that's he's gone, none of those things are as set in stone as they were.  Some may remain but there is at the very least the possibility that everything will be different.

We've got a good squad, a great behind-the-scenes set up, great facilities, great supporters and a great footballing history.  So I think there will be plenty of managers interested in the job who have the ability to improve on what Martin did for us.  And, just as importantly, I think Randy is intelligent and shrewd enough to recognise that we need a top appointment to take us on to that next level.

Like I said, optimistic.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 10:33:16 AM »

Agree.  I am a little apprehensive though, but then I usually am at the start of the season.  I'm sure the football on offer today will be better than we had to endure at a lot of home games last season.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 10:34:07 AM »
Neither.

We're going into the season about to lose our player of the season, we know that we have to sell others to cut the wage bill, we have no manager with the prospects for appointing a new one in the near future seemingly slim and we haven't addressed our goal scoring problem.

Of course all of this might be resolved by the 31st August which is why I'm neutral at the moment and, in time-honoured fashion, taking it one game at a time.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 10:35:28 AM »
Blindly optimistic for today at least, a one off game and if we can win - and i think we will - then its something to enjoy before whatever happens in the rest of the season happens.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 10:47:49 AM »
We've got good enough payers to send out and beat any team in this league. We'll need a ot of luck to get results more often than we did last season but fuck it, why not. It's about time the footballing gods did us a favour.

Online Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 10:50:37 AM »
It's the first match of a new season. I have just pulled my season ticket out of my wallet for the first time in 3 months and it feels electrified. I am about to jump in the shower and then get ready for the match. How can I not be optimistic today?

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 10:53:07 AM »
Optimistic now that fuck face has gone.

We get it, you didn't like him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal