collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: When (if) Milners name is read out  (Read 17885 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: When (if) Milners name is read out
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2010, 11:34:20 PM »
Petrov was quality today, showed more dimensions to his game aswell. Plus he maintained energy because we kept the ball better.

Absolutely spot on.

I know it is only one match, but our ball retention today was way, way better than at any point last season.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2010, 11:37:46 PM »
I'm glad that the majority (by the sounds of the commentary, didn't get to the game) gave him an ovation.  Firstly it shows that villa have a bit of class and respect for soon to be ex-villa players who are prepared to do a job for us, and secondly, i naively believe that when he's on his own this evening, wondering what his move to man citeh might bring, he'll sit there and remember the Villa fans and how they thought highly of him, and wonder if he'll ever get that kind of support again

Offline Jane

• GM : 02.07.2021
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2010, 11:51:13 PM »
From what I saw/heard from the Lower Holte, the whole ground gave him a deserved standing ovation.  I heard no boos for him after the teams were read out initially, & even then it was only 50/50.  A great display by young James today, the little bugger.

Offline nechells

« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2010, 12:13:50 AM »
I was pleased with the reception Milner had today-A few needless boos before KO but it could have been a lot worse.

I think the formation we played today helped Milners and Petrovs games.Although you could say that Young was playing between the midfield & Carew,he was always prepared to drop back & help the midfield (something I'm not sure Ireland would do so willingly)

Sometimes last season,I thought Petrov & Milner were completely overun in midfield & watching the Benfica game the other week,it didn't look like we had a central midfield.The 5 man midfield at Anfield last season was a great success & today showed we can play a similar formation at home without being negative.

I think if you were to play with two strikers then neither Young or Milner would be so effective.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2010, 08:08:13 AM »
I thought he shouldn't have played, wouldn't have given 100% for the cause, I was wrong based my opinion on other less professional wasters that had gone before.

Good luck Jimmy wherever you end up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal