collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Parking vs. West Ham  (Read 3437 times)

Offline McD

Parking vs. West Ham
« on: August 12, 2010, 01:34:36 PM »
Anybody have any suggestion for good parking spots vs. West Ham?

Will be driving up from London - looking to get to area for around 12.30 in time for the Spurs / Man. City k/o. Ideally would like to park within walking distance to ground and without incurring any cost but this can obviously be accommodated.

Only driven up once before, usually get the train, and parked in (I think...) a University halls car park which had a pub just outside. Is that still a viable spot?

Cheers.

Offline SpenJC

Re: Parking vs. West Ham
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 03:50:16 PM »
Aston Hall Rd mate if you get there early enough you can park for free on the grass verge but you may get collared for a couple of quid by one of the local youth. Or there's the power soccer place opposite the King Edward Pub on the Junction of Aston Hall Rd and Lichfield Rd they usually charge about £4 and theres the official car parks on Aston Hall Rd between £5-£6 so i think the best bet is to head towards Aston Hall Rd lol. As for pubs are you West Ham or Villa ? cause if your West Ham your better of heading down towards the cap n gown at Witton Island or if Your Villa use the King Edward. Aston Hall Rd car parks are 10 min walk from the away end and 15 mins from witton Island hope that helps you pal.

Offline Andyg

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 05:13:00 PM »
If you are there for 12.30, come off the Aston Expressway at first exit turn left then first left again and there are usually spaces at that time on the road. Should get away reasonably quickly after the game from there too. Its a 5 min walk to the ground, there is a school car park there as well if you want to pay about a fiver.

Offline McD

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 07:09:02 PM »
Cheers fellas. That's given me a better idea of where to head.

SpenJC: Very much Villa, though I do have a typically London accent so will be dusting off one of the old shirts for the match...  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal