collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Doug Ellis Role: from The General C. Krulak Thread XV  (Read 13153 times)

Online kipeye

• GM : PCM
Re: Doug Ellis Role: from The General C. Krulak Thread XV
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2010, 10:11:11 AM »
Chris is one hundred percent so right.   Dragging Herbert back into the limelight - which he would adore is utterly absurd.   He is a very old man (like me) and naturally inflexible and set in his views and opinions.   He would almost certainly propose a shortlist of Glen Hoddle, Ray Graydon and Trevor Francis.

Leave the old boy out of it.   Let him make funny teeth out of orange peel and chase his grandson round the tomato patch.
So eloquently put sir...

Offline stevenjos

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2010, 11:40:36 AM »
Ok then, if he cant help pick the new manager how about another idea?

He loved thinking he was the sportsman. Anyone remember this quite frankly nauseating pictures he hung up in the Trinity. You'd have Gordon Cowans one side, Mortimer the other and then these:

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2010, 12:05:02 PM »
I give you :

HDE - "Welcome to Villa Park everbody - I am pleased to announce and introduce you to our new manager......Graham Taylor !!"

Hushed aside - " It`s Graham Turner, Mr Ellis"

HDE - "Is it? - who is he ?"

Aside - " Former Manager of Hereford Utd, sir"

HDE (thinks) - Oh shit...... "Mr Taylor, couldn`t be here today ladies and gentlemen so Mr Turner has agreed to fill in for him untill he can get here"

Members of the press (muted giggles and laughter).

Yes folks lets ask (a now much older ) HDE who we should be approaching to be our new manager.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal