collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Curtis Davies puts the knife in.  (Read 13818 times)

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
Re: Curtis Davies puts the knife in.
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 09:26:48 AM »
Brian you normally talk a lot of sense on the all too rare occasions you post, but I couldn't disagree with you more about Davies.  He was honest enough to admit when he had played badly but I don't see how you can say he didn't reach the required standard.  Prior to his shoulder injury he was excellent, and at Anfield last season he was immense.   The lad has got talent and a good coach will bring that out.  If he has one fault it's that he's a bit too honest and willing to express that honesty through the media.  It seems honesty irritates a lot of people these days.

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 09:29:19 AM »
I would like him to stay too his shoulder injuries are behind him, he just needs to realise the world has changed financially since he signed that clause where he plays 50 league matches and gets a new deal wont help.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 09:40:24 AM »
I think Curtis could be a top player with some decent coaching. I know I'm probably in the minority but I would really like him to stay and fight for his place

Your not the only one. I still think he can go all the way to the very top with  decent management. I think he was frozen out in part for non-footballing reasons, MON couldnt stand players who have a mind of their own and are willing to express it. Brian Clough`s relationship with MON as a player comes to mind, the difference is Clough knew how to use and get the best out of him. 

I think he could end up being a top class defender but the reason he wasn't playing is because

Cuellar Collins Dunne Warnock

Young Cuellar Dunne Warnock

Young Cuellar Collins Warnock

Cuellar Collins Dunne Young

are all better defensive line ups than with Davies in it. Oh, and he was injured for 3/4 of the season.

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 09:47:41 AM »
I would like him to stay too his shoulder injuries are behind him, he just needs to realise the world has changed financially since he signed that clause where he plays 50 league matches and gets a new deal wont help.
And Curtis is free to waive that clause if he wants............................

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 09:50:04 AM »
I actually cannot believe some of the responses here to Curtis' latest soundbite.

I always used to back and believed he would come good (still hope so) but I remember him being pretty much a scapegoat for the season before last's collapose.

But last year, he got injured, Dunne, Collins and Cuellar came in and formed one of the best defences in the league.

Fair enough if we were leaking goals all over the place. Curtis was given more chances by MON than most throughout his Villa career I reckon.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 09:50:14 AM »
Cuellar's a decent old fashioned stopper but if we get a coach who places a little more emphasis on technical ability and keeping the ball than ONeill did then he's going to be a bit further down the pecking order I suspect.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 09:50:49 AM »
Can we change the title of the thread to "Curtis Davies puts the Timmy Mallett foam hammer in"?

Saying that, it must be frustrating sometimes, but given his injury and the defence going on a good run, there must be other players more frustrated.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 10:04:28 AM »
And Curtis is free to waive that clause if he wants............................

he can't wave because he might hurt his shoulder

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 10:21:26 AM »
There's a good player in there somewhere and I hope he now proves it.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 10:45:20 AM »
Can't see a way back for him, given his contract position and the need to cut spending. Shocking we paid more for him than Man United did for Evra and Vidic. Transfer masterstroke that one. :o

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 10:47:38 AM »
If there is a clause that triggers a new deal when he plays his 50th league game, I don't see a problem with that. We just give him one that's worth less per week. Simples.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2010, 10:50:45 AM »
If there is a clause that triggers a new deal when he plays his 50th league game, I don't see a problem with that. We just give him one that's worth less per week. Simples.

you can't, otherwise he's eligible for a free transfer

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2010, 10:51:14 AM »
well we are going to probably need him on Saturday..  so he gets my backing...  good luck to him.       

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »
I like curtis i think we should keep him.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2010, 10:53:08 AM »

Yep. The clause states that he can re-negotiate his contract after he has played 60 games. He's on 25k a week at the moment. I'd let him play his 60th game and then halve the offer. See how desperate to play he really is. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal