collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How do you feel about new season after O'Neill departure.  (Read 13872 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: How do you feel about new season after O'Neill departure.
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2010, 09:26:04 AM »
On the subject of "O"s I wonder if we will lose Storey-Moore.   He is famous in the O world because he was the one nobody could get in the answer to the pub quiz question name three England internationals with three Os in in his name.   One was Tony Woodcock but the other escapes me. 

Our new manager must have a good network of contacts and I hope whoever comes shakes our scouting system up.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2010, 09:27:30 AM »
Peter Osgood

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2010, 09:39:55 AM »
Far more excited than I was before, tinged with a little trepidation over the choice of the new manager. There are a lot of potential positives about O'Neill going.  We still have a good squad, even without Milner,  some good players previously ostracized  may finally get a look in, and the standard of football entertainment can hardly get worse. Plus hopefully we wont be restricting our transfer targets to British based journeymen and overpaying for them. Onwards and upwards.  Of course if we end up with Curbishley or Southgate it will all go very tits up.....

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2010, 10:35:18 AM »
Not an option available that fits my mood.

I was looking forward to the Villa (if not the general football) season, still liked the fact we had MON in charge, wasn't that bothered I couldn't make the Wet Spam game but was hoping there wasn't a rush on Vienna away tickets and definitely wasn't looking forward to the back-biting and sniping now that there seemed to be a true dividing of the pro and anti-O'Neill camps on here.

I'm still looking forward to the Villa season, disappointed MON left in the way he did and the timing when Uncle Woy might have been an option had we had an amicable parting at the end of last season, I'm now disappointed I can't make the Wet Spam game as I'd like to see how Kevin Mac's team lines up and plays, am still hoping there isn't a rush on Vienna away tickets and am hoping that once the season gets going, the back-biting and sniping dies down, at least a little bit.

So I wouldn't say "couldn't care less nothing's changed" but I guess that's the closest. However. it's still not getting my vote.

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2010, 10:48:34 AM »
I am gutted that MON has gone, but accept that a parting of ways was inevitable.

My mood is nervous as so much hinges on the new appointment. MOn has given us the best three consecutive top flight finishes of any post WW2 manager, realistically beating that for any new man is a mammoth task when you consider the resources of the clubs we are competing with.

None of the proposed managerial options are risk free, I have reservations about all of them. Fate is cruel, and I would have been less nervous about Hodgson or Hughes than most of the contenders mentioned.

I would like the Club to take a chance, Rijkaard, Hitzfeld from the top echelons, O'Driscoll,Coyle or Simon Grayson from the wannabees.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2010, 10:49:33 AM »
I am more excited now to see new things

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2010, 12:43:17 PM »
I was very uninterested until Monday but am now like a giddy child.

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2010, 12:47:27 PM »
I am depressed for the simple reason that MON wouldnt have left if he felt we could still compete this year.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2010, 12:55:01 PM »
I wasn't un-excited about the prospect of another season with Martin in charge, although that was partly based on expecting a glut of new signings (mainly Keane and Ireland) before 1st September. 

Now it's more a case of excitement by curiousity, as we literally have no idea how things are going to go.  What players and formation will MacDonald prefer?  Who will the new manager ultimately be and what will he change?  Will there be new signings? 

I suppose it's like going to the movies having no idea of what film you're going to see!

Offline gervilla

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2010, 07:39:41 PM »
I wasn't un-excited about the prospect of another season with Martin in charge, although that was partly based on expecting a glut of new signings (mainly Keane and Ireland) before 1st September. 

Now it's more a case of excitement by curiousity, as we literally have no idea how things are going to go.  What players and formation will MacDonald prefer?  Who will the new manager ultimately be and what will he change?  Will there be new signings? 

I suppose it's like going to the movies having no idea of what film you're going to see!
Its better than going to see a new movie and knowing it will be exactly the same as the last one you saw.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal