collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How do you feel about new season after O'Neill departure.  (Read 13877 times)

Offline The Man With A Stick

Re: How do you feel about new season after O'Neill departure.
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2010, 08:41:55 PM »
I can't go on Sat as on a Stag do, but bloody wish I was. I am a Villa fan.

Same here, i'm going to fancy dress party up north!  Really wish I could go and I can't make Vienna or Everton either.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2010, 09:25:21 PM »
Over the moon Brian. The clown has gone and as long as we don't employ another manager with 'O' in the middle of his name we should be fine long term

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2010, 09:36:39 PM »
Over the moon Brian. The clown has gone and as long as we don't employ another manager with 'O' in the middle of his name we should be fine long term
you going the match greg and giving the team some support?

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2010, 10:01:16 PM »
So not Jol then?

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2010, 10:03:27 PM »
heh. not convinced by him really, especially with not much money

Offline gervilla

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2010, 10:04:14 PM »
The only thing that dissapoints me is the timing.  Hopefully the new manager will be one worthy of the position who picks players on merit, not on who are his favourites and who he hasn't fallen out with . Someone with some tactical nouse would be good.

Offline BILL DE VALL

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2010, 11:59:01 PM »
I hope that the next manager encourages the lads to play football with the emphasis on skill as opposed to hoofing it.
that is the extent of my much battered optimism

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 12:29:01 AM »
we haven't addressed our goal scoring problem

He had four seasons to do that and he never did it. I imagine a new manager will make this a priority.

People are saying he's left us in the shit because of his timing. For me, he would have taken us further into the shit if he had stayed.

I am fucking ecstatic!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 12:35:06 AM »
So not Jol then?

How about Ferguson, Moyes, Mourinho (two O's he's definitely not good enough), Guardiola? I suppose they're out also greg?

Offline atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2010, 12:46:43 AM »
Mixed fealings. I hate the medias pro MON stance, he is stubborn and will not build a team on talent but rather his preference of the personality that suits his. But I think he was a good manager for us. One that moved us to the coat tails of those teams Sky Sports have promoted to the big 4. I guess that ok is what MON was for us. OK at getting some great players, ok at motivating some of them, very good at media work and for quotes, but less than ok at buying players for a squad. For every one excellent signing there was one very good one and two not very good ones but they all seemed to get top dollar. Hit and miss, more hit than miss for leaving the match happy with a good result. I liked him but as a Villa fan I just see it as another chapter, he moved us on and moved on, at a very bad time of preseason. Lets hope the next guy in charge plays defenders in position, signs a foriegn guy I have never heard of and does not say terrific so much. Onwards and upwards. Maybe.

Offline WA Villan

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2010, 01:12:27 AM »
Happy O Neil has gone. Always said when Lerner took over, right owner wrong manager. Anyway feeling a lot more optimistic.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2010, 02:48:48 AM »
So not Jol then?

How about Ferguson, Moyes, Mourinho (two O's he's definitely not good enough), Guardiola? I suppose they're out also greg?

I thought it was quite a clever quip by Greg. And none of yours have an 'o' right in the middle. (halo emoticon where are you..?)

As regards the new season, a feeling of the unknown has replaced one of resignation so I'm much more excited (and nervous) than  three days ago.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2010, 08:14:13 AM »
Three weeks ago, I could not care less about the new season. With the departure of O'Neill, my gloom has totally lifted and I look forward to the season with some excitement. Villa Park will be alive and vibrant on Saturday. We have a popular Manager and there is no reason why everyone should not be totally behind him. I definitely want to be at my seat when the Manager makes his way to the dugout. What a great way to start a season. We are almost underdogs and that is how I like it.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2010, 08:32:51 AM »
I was fond of MON (until he left us in the lurch, the petulant twat) although he drove me up the wall on occasions. But its only after he's gone that you realise how stale things were getting. I wont miss the arguments (here there and everywhere) about tactics, subs, last minute transfers...etc.

It all depends how you choose to view things. I see the current situation as a chance to address our shortcomings and move on to somethng new and fresh. Reivigorating. I'm looking forward to the possibilty of more sophsticated play, players in the correct positions and tactical flexibilty. Maybe the odd exciting and unexpected transfer or two.
I like blank canvases, I like change and new possibilities.
So I guess I'm excited to see what happens next and realise it could be better or worse but I trust Randy to make sure its not the latter.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2010, 08:37:38 AM »
It could be chaos, but I like chaos. Therefore, I'm looking forward to the season

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal