collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Guide to Vienna  (Read 3694 times)

Offline FSF

Guide to Vienna
« on: August 11, 2010, 11:53:27 AM »
As ever, the FSF has produced a guide for all travelling Villa fans for their European adventures. Actually, there wasn't a huge deal of work involved in this one this time round, because you've already played them before!

Still, if you didn't go to Vienna last time, or just fancy a squizz at the sort of things we produce for our away European guides, just check out the link below:

http://www.fsf.org.uk/ground-guide/international-clubs/rapid-vienna/

If you've got any questions at all about Vienna, fire them to us at the email address on that link, and we'll do our best to find out for you.

Offline Archie

Re: Guide to Vienna
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 04:42:18 PM »
A bunch of Italian supporters, will attend this game (and the Newcastel away aswell), to stay close to the team in this difficult moment.

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 05:02:59 PM »
They've just sold their best striker to Rangers as well, which is nice.

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 05:05:33 PM »
Archie: are you having to wait until they go to sale for supporters with a booking history or have you managed to jump the queue at all being part of an official supporters' club?

Offline Archie

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 11:01:58 PM »
Unfortunately for this hgame the rules were strict and didn't provide any facility for the supporters clubs, so my mates and I should manage to buy the tickets in Wien as common supporters.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 11:20:25 PM »
When will you arrive in Vienna, Archie? Perhaps meet for a beer before the game?

Offline Archie

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 11:29:18 PM »
Frank, you are larger than life!
It'd be fantastic to meet up, we'll arrive by car the same day of the match, I have your e-mail, so I can give you some further details next days.

P.S. Our contacts in Austria gave us the warning not to show the colours in the centre of the city because there are some bunches of Rapid supporters that will chase the Villans to vindicate something that would happen last year (don't know what, though). 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 11:46:32 PM by Archie »

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 10:27:04 AM »
it means nothing to me......................................

Offline Guy M

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 06:56:11 PM »
Our tickets turned up in the post today. According to the official site, I don't think any tickets will be on sale at the ground Archie. Might be worth contacting the club and seeing if they can still sell you tickets or get someone to collect them on your behalf.

I'd offer but not in Brum and won't be able to make our way there before we leave on Wednesday morning. Oh and thanks for the heads up, but I think I'm still going to wear my colours. I think my mate's complete inability to speak German and my very mid-Hessen German accent would give us away anyway!

Offline Archie

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 11:25:48 PM »
Than
Our tickets turned up in the post today. According to the official site, I don't think any tickets will be on sale at the ground Archie. Might be worth contacting the club and seeing if they can still sell you tickets or get someone to collect them on your behalf.

I'd offer but not in Brum and won't be able to make our way there before we leave on Wednesday morning. Oh and thanks for the heads up, but I think I'm still going to wear my colours. I think my mate's complete inability to speak German and my very mid-Hessen German accent would give us away anyway!

Thank you very much mate, we managed to find them directly in Wien, where we have some contacts.

Offline Guy M

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 07:28:36 AM »
Thank you very much mate, we managed to find them directly in Wien, where we have some contacts.
Il Famiglia's influence stretches far and wide I see.  :D

In hindsight, might take your warning about trouble a bit more seriously too although my general feeling is that people looking for aggro will generally find it and those that don't, won't. He says jinxing him and his friend and his brother and anyone he knows.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal