collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Evening Mail - Blue Nose Propaganda Machine?  (Read 7208 times)

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
Re: Evening Mail - Blue Nose Propaganda Machine?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 02:12:44 AM »
Even though he's a Nose, i always have a lot of time for most of what Tom Ross writes. The above comments are are pretty spot on.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 05:09:47 AM »
Who the hell still buys local newspapers?  Sooner they're wiped off the face of the earth, the better.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 06:48:19 AM »
In fairness, Tom Ross' column is quite good today...

Tom Ross: Martin O'Neill selfish to walk out on Aston Villa

In my opinion Martin left for selfish reasons and showed a lack of loyalty to the club that he has controlled from top to bottom for the last four years.

I am certain he will regret walking away from Aston Villa – because I am not sure he will get a bigger club to manage."

Especially like the last bit.

If you look at history there is every reason to believe that Tom Ross will be proved right.
Graham Taylor did of course go onto a bigger job, and we all know how spectacularly that blew up in his face.
From Vic Crowe to David O`Leary inclusive, that is 12 appointments who never had a bigger job after leaving Villa.
You have to go back 40 years to Tommy Docherty to find someone who had a really big job after departing.
I think O`Neill will come to regret his decision, when he realises thats  jobs bigger than  than Aston Villa are thin on the ground.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 07:07:48 AM »
People talk about him replacing Ferguson but he wouldn't last six months at United.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up at Citeh when Mancini gets the boot, not sure how well that would go down with Barry and Milner though.  You'd be a brave man to trust him with that sort of cash...

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 07:38:34 AM »
A blind rugby supporting moron would eventually win the league at Citeh. So even an outside chance for MON.

Online Chris Harte

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 07:41:33 AM »
I got a rare look at the Mail last night on a visit to the old dear. What struck me was the photograph of Mat Kendrick is the pointing-wagging-finger-pose, very similar to that div from the Mercury, Roger Skidmore.

Not sure I can take Mat-with-one-T seriously anymore after seeing that.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 08:26:37 AM »
Roger Skidmore.

It's the employment of people like this clown that gives the Mail and Mercury no credibility whatsoever.

I always thought Tattum was ok until the laughable blog after the derby at Villa Park last season. You've failed as a journalist if you let your prejudice influence your writing.

Actually, I don't think the Mail is biased either way, they are after readers from either club. It galls me to have to read the slightest little thing about Small Heath so I read the E+S, where they are considered an afterthought. As it should be.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal