collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Andy Gray speaking a lot of sense to be fair...  (Read 12118 times)

Offline Chico Hamilton III

Re: Andy Gray speaking a lot of sense to be fair...
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2010, 02:27:06 PM »
It's time for my annual Anti-Gray rant

You fackin' no-show, champagne Andy!!!!!

your turn now, Mac. I feel better

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2010, 02:27:32 PM »
As an aside, I never quite understood the idea that Gray was anti-Villa given his criticism of us when posters on here say far worse and we never question their loyalty to the club.

None of us have walked out three times and stabbed managers in the back.

Quite true and possibly why his comments in relation to us as a Sky pundit are viewed so negatively, when they are tame compared to some on here.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2010, 03:46:40 PM »
As an aside, I never quite understood the idea that Gray was anti-Villa given his criticism of us when posters on here say far worse and we never question their loyalty to the club.

We're doing in on a relatively obscure internet forum in front of a handful of fellow Villa fans, he's doing it on national TV.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2010, 03:52:55 PM »
Andy Gray talking about the Villa ?  He maybe talking sense in that piece, but just around the corner is another snidey dig at us and he almost made me cry the day he signed for the Wolves.

Tool

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »

We're doing in on a relatively obscure internet forum in front of a handful of fellow Villa fans, he's doing it on national TV.

So some of our more extreme contributors would dilute their views if put infront of a TV camera?  What's the difference with him seeing faults as he wants the best for us and us doing exactly the same thing?

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2010, 04:00:44 PM »
What's the difference with him seeing faults as he wants the best for us and us doing exactly the same thing?

the way I see it is that we're all Villa mad on here and as such we are entitled to slate our own club/family ( tough love and all that). But as soon as someone from the outside does the same, we on here close ranks.

I'll listen to anyone on here tell me that Villa are shite. Any other supporter said the same, I'd punch their lights out ( assuming I thought that the odds of me not getting battered were in my favour).

Irrational? of course

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2010, 04:11:37 PM »
What's the difference with him seeing faults as he wants the best for us and us doing exactly the same thing?

the way I see it is that we're all Villa mad on here and as such we are entitled to slate our own club/family ( tough love and all that). But as soon as someone from the outside does the same, we on here close ranks.

I'll listen to anyone on here tell me that Villa are shite. Any other supporter said the same, I'd punch their lights out ( assuming I thought that the odds of me not getting battered were in my favour).

Irrational? of course

this is me all-over down our local,

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2010, 04:17:10 PM »

So some of our more extreme contributors would dilute their views if put infront of a TV camera?  What's the difference with him seeing faults as he wants the best for us and us doing exactly the same thing?

If any of our more extreme posters ever got the chance of speaking to a camera the footage would only come out on one of those late night "TV's Most Incredibly Stupid Twats" programmes, or if live, they would cut to the studio with a "We seem to have some technical difficulties".

Andy Gray is a very well known nation TV pundit, amazingly enough, people listen to him and believe what he says. If, say, Greggers got his 30 seconds of fame he would be dismised as just another nutter.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2010, 04:21:10 PM »

Guess that's my point - maybe he is just a passionate Villa fan that also happens to be a TV pundit?

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2010, 04:24:15 PM »
Guess that's my point - maybe he is just a passionate Villa fan that also happens to be a TV pundit?

I honestly don't think he's a passionate Villa fan though. He's a passionate Andy Gray fan, but I don't think he's a Villa fan.

And I remember what he said to my sister once about Villa fans, in the Holy City Zoo in about 1980.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2010, 06:52:12 PM »
Even worse than finding Andy Gray the sole voice of reason in the media was hearing Tony Cascarino making an even better point this morning on SSN.

Christ. I can't handle this. Chris and Villadawg have become miserablists, I sound like a happy clapper, and Tony Cascarino sounds like the voice of reason.

All it needs in Satan Hodge to come out and back the Villa !

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2010, 07:23:05 PM »
as the whole Andy Gray thing is/was a bit before my time would anyone care to explain why he gets so much grief and how he left our club? I generally get the impression some of the posters on here are just bitter, miserable old gits and hold pointless grudges. certainly in the case of players more in my generation such as yorkey, bosnich and staunton i find this to be true. I think also that A.Gary is paid to be an impartial football pundit and analyst and should not be leaning in one direction in his position. I wish pinnochio thompson and that Fag lawrenson would be more impartial, they make me wanna vomit with their anfield wankfest

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2010, 07:38:10 PM »
Even worse than finding Andy Gray the sole voice of reason in the media was hearing Tony Cascarino making an even better point this morning on SSN.

Christ. I can't handle this. Chris and Villadawg have become miserablists, I sound like a happy clapper, and Tony Cascarino sounds like the voice of reason.

I didn't see him on TV but read his column in yesterday's paper. I was astonished by how pro-Villa he was.

'Unless there were family reasons we don't know about behind his actions, leaving Aston Villa five days before the new season is a selfish move made by a man who doesn't realise how lucky he was to be the manager of such a great club.'

'I know from my own experience as a former Villa player that it's a privilege to be at the club and not one that should be given up lightly.'

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal