collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What are the odds on us to go down?  (Read 11644 times)

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
Re: What are the odds on us to go down?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 01:51:43 PM »
If we do go down then I'm getting a season ticket next season - they'll be dirt cheap!

Good thinking.

Best thing I ever did was to get my first season ticket the year we fell into the third division. Not only was it exciting times, but I had virtually the pick of where I wanted to sit in the best seats in the Trinity.

Offline Cuellar Boo Ya

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 01:52:54 PM »
Pauliewalnuts, can you link me up to anything that gives anything more than just specualtion as to why he did walk?

I'm just gutted mate, and would much rather be starting the season with O'Neill in charge rather than MacDonald.

Dave.Woodhall Spain does not have the number 1 ranked league in Europe I'm afraid, England does.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 01:54:02 PM »
Pauliewalnuts, can you link me up to anything that gives anything more than just specualtion as to why he did walk?

I'm just gutted mate, and would much rather be starting the season with O'Neill in charge rather than MacDonald.

Dave.Woodhall Spain does not have the number 1 ranked league in Europe I'm afraid, England does.

You keep watching Super Duper Soarway Sky Saturday and believe it.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 01:55:31 PM »
So you're gutted that we've lost a manger (who walked out because he wasn't going to have complete control) who matched (albeit more consistently) DOL's best season with us on considerably larger resources?

Offline Cuellar Boo Ya

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »
I'll just go with the UEFA league rankings.

Offline stevenjos

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 01:58:38 PM »
So you're gutted that we've lost a manger (who walked out because he wasn't going to have complete control) who matched (albeit more consistently) DOL's best season with us on considerably larger resources?

this

Offline Cuellar Boo Ya

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 01:58:49 PM »

Yep, I'm gutted; why do you find that hard to believe?

Offline pmk1981

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 02:01:39 PM »
Is it worth a bet if things continue to go as badly as they have started so far this season?

If we're still 50-1 or more I'm sticking a ton on it, anyone with me?

If Newcastle went the other year, surely we can.

LOL just a slight over reaction....

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 02:02:08 PM »
I'll just go with the UEFA league rankings.

You do that. And put money on the team you support to get relegated while you're at it.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 02:03:56 PM »
My guess 1000/1

Offline pmk1981

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 02:04:13 PM »
and no matter how good MON is / was ... he still couldnt get us to 4th due to his stupidness of playing cuellar at right back, leaving young on the bench, not playing reo coker when it was obvious petrov was knackered ,  PLAYING HESKEY INSTEAD OF CAREW !!

maybe the next manager will get us to 4th as it will be a fresh start and wont play heskey and will play a proper right back as there will be no favourites

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2010, 02:10:08 PM »

I would do but its lunch time!

RIGHT THEN FAT BOY!

LUNCH TIME IS WELL AND TRULY OVER, PUT DOWN THOSE CRISPS AND DROP AND GIVE ME 20. NOW!

I'll try the shouty approach first and if that doesn't work we'll try the arm round the shoulder and get a video clip together of your friends and family offering encouragement accompanied by some music by Snow Patrol or some shite like that.

Offline Irreverent ad

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 02:14:21 PM »

RIGHT THEN FAT BOY!

LUNCH TIME IS WELL AND TRULY OVER, PUT DOWN THOSE CRISPS AND DROP AND GIVE ME 20. NOW!

I'll try the shouty approach first and if that doesn't work we'll try the arm round the shoulder and get a video clip together of your friends and family offering encouragement accompanied by some music by Snow Patrol or some shite like that.

Do crisps (potatos) count as one of my five a day? or is it 2 if I have cheese & onion?!

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010, 02:14:48 PM »

Yep, I'm gutted; why do you find that hard to believe?
Because there are better managers out there?
I'm pissed off with the timing of it, but there's only one man to blame and that's O'Neill himself.

And for the record our squad is more than capable of a top half finish in the league, with or without martin, talk of relegation is ridiculous. We are nowhere near the state that Newcastle were in.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2010, 02:15:46 PM »

RIGHT THEN FAT BOY!

Do crisps (potatos) count as one of my five a day? or is it 2 if I have cheese & onion?!

Three, actually.

Potato, cheese, onion. Cheese is made of milk and milk is good for you.

If you get yourself a foot long Subway with loads of salad on, you can actually pre-stock your five-a-days for the next 2 months in one fell swoop.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal