collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Reserves and Academy 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:09:19 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by paul_e
[Today at 11:06:24 AM]

Re: Aston Villa: 150 Years Squads & Souvenirs by Towser
[Today at 11:04:41 AM]

Re: Reserves and Academy 2023/24 by PeterWithe
[Today at 10:58:50 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by PeterWithe
[Today at 10:55:40 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Drummond
[Today at 10:53:35 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Drummond
[Today at 10:48:46 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 10:47:01 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Man Shitty fans have a special msg for us  (Read 18294 times)

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
Re: Man Shitty fans have a special msg for us
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2010, 06:35:34 PM »
They're probably still hurting and hating after Ashley Young embarrassed them.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2010, 06:51:28 PM »
Villa Talk is the worst Aston Villa forum. From reading posts on that forum most posters either seems to be boring, miserable, negative, likes to think they know it all, angry and just in general people you wouldn't really want to talk to in real life let alone on the internet.

Even small heath don't have a set of fans that bad.

Oh I don't know - Villatalk is bad enough, but VitalVilla is an absolute abomination.

Offline citychris

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2010, 10:25:15 PM »
Having a problem quoting, Chris?
Having a problem quoting, Chris?

Haha, not normally but I think I ballsed that last one up

Well, what were you going to say?

sorry dave, firstly for not being capable of quoting correctly and secondly for not answering your question, was at work and had to turn off. It was only about dave wallace beind a bit big headed and not being that popular with a lot of blues.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2010, 10:27:24 PM »
sorry dave, firstly for not being capable of quoting correctly and secondly for not answering your question, was at work and had to turn off. It was only about dave wallace beind a bit big headed and not being that popular with a lot of blues.

Bigger fools them. He's one of the nicest people I've ever met, but I suppose jealousy takes many forms.

Offline citychris

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2010, 10:35:16 PM »
Dont get me wrong Dave, he loves City with a passion and I know him reasonably well, but back in the day when the fanzines started he kinda pissed on a good mate of mine (noel bayley- burt trautmans helmet). He was also the so called fan on the board and decided to speak for us all without actually consulting anybody.

He is still there though and credit where credit is due.

On a sidenote if you remember Louise mmmmmmm in comparison to Noels girls

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2010, 10:39:07 PM »
Dont get me wrong Dave, he loves City with a passion and I know him reasonably well, but back in the day when the fanzines started he kinda pissed on a good mate of mine (noel bayley- burt trautmans helmet). He was also the so called fan on the board and decided to speak for us all without actually consulting anybody.

Loads of fanzines were started by people who had written for others; that was the way it went. And nobody could top Bill Burrows for shitting on others. In that fan on the board thing Dave got stick from every side but he did what he thought was right. He always has, and that's why I respect him.

Offline citychris

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2010, 10:50:20 PM »

Loads of fanzines were started by people who had written for others; that was the way it went. And nobody could top Bill Burrows for shitting on others. In that fan on the board thing Dave got stick from every side but he did what he thought was right. He always has, and that's why I respect him.

to be fair dave, maybe you are right in what you are saying but we were asked our opinions by him of which we duly gave him, he would agree but then follow the club line which pissed a lot of us off. The club line at the time was nonsense, but he got swallowed up by them. I know he is a decent fella, just didnt do what he said he would.

As it happens, what or how terrible was it like being the fan on the board?

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2010, 10:55:11 PM »

to be fair dave, maybe you are right in what you are saying but we were asked our opinions by him of which we duly gave him, he would agree but then follow the club line which pissed a lot of us off. The club line at the time was nonsense, but he got swallowed up by them. I know he is a decent fella, just didnt do what he said he would.

I don't know what happened up there for sure, but I know Frannie Lee's attitude was that Dave was there to do what the board told him to do, and ultimately he was only one man, without a vote. It's very difficult to argue against those sort of odds, especially when he was regularly being asked to leave the room when 'important' things were being discussed. 

Offline citychris

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2010, 11:11:01 PM »

I don't know what happened up there for sure, but I know Frannie Lee's attitude was that Dave was there to do what the board told him to do, and ultimately he was only one man, without a vote. It's very difficult to argue against those sort of odds, especially when he was regularly being asked to leave the room when 'important' things were being discussed. 

He was always going to be asked to leave the room though when decisions were going to be made, just an opinion but he should have walked out himself first time up. I dont blame him for hanging on in there, but it didn't go down very well with people he trusted at the time and some people thought he was only thinking of himself, but hey Dave it was a long time ago and there isnt a problem anymore.

Lets talk on another thread Dave, you seem a great lad and have welcomed me on your board of which I am greatful for

cheers

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2010, 11:17:29 PM »
He was always going to be asked to leave the room though when decisions were going to be made, just an opinion but he should have walked out himself first time up. I dont blame him for hanging on in there, but it didn't go down very well with people he trusted at the time and some people thought he was only thinking of himself, but hey Dave it was a long time ago and there isnt a problem anymore.

Lets talk on another thread Dave, you seem a great lad and have welcomed me on your board of which I am greatful for

cheers

Okay - final word. When Doug was here we had the best secretary in the country, Steve Stride. He got called all sorts by people who said he should resign if he disagreed with what Doug did. And as he said, "Then who would you have on your side?"

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2010, 01:14:52 AM »
Why Everton always have such a problem with us is beyond me.

Jealous of Randy, because with 80 million net, they'd probably have gone close to winning the title under Moyes.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2010, 01:32:45 AM »
Why Everton always have such a problem with us is beyond me.

I've said this before.

For all the bonhomie and respect a fair few Villa fans have for Everton as a club, it isn't reciprocated. They genuinely seem to hate us, particularly in recent seasons.

It could be just jealousy/ concern that we came into a degree of wealth and they looked the most likely to fall by the wayside, as we became 'best of the rest.' But we're not exactly upstarts, new to this Europe/ top 6 area of the table.

Maybe it's all the years of being in the shadows of their more illustrious neighbours, the SHA effect.  They do seem to possess similar traits, often coming across as really bitter and warped.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2010, 01:34:45 AM »
We've also more often than not beat Everton up at Goodison for the past 20 years, while recently we've been in the habit of scoring within seconds of them.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2010, 01:37:15 AM »
Everton supporters look down on every other club. They've got a self-appointed moral superiority that you don't find anywhere else.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2010, 01:45:02 AM »
I've always looked at Everton, Tottenham, Citeh and ourselves as similar.

Tottenham probably being the most smug of the bunch (even before) but a lot of them generally quite knowledgeable as fans of underperforming big sides. The gallows humour, the (somewhat unrealistic) expectations of a return to glory days. The whole nine yards.

With Everton I always felt it was a more recent thing, this vitriol. But maybe I was wrong.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal