collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: England squad  (Read 12442 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: England squad
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2010, 11:18:50 PM »
I like what Laurent Blanc did and drop the entire WC squad for the first international of his tenure. Capello should have done the same but either bottled it or was told not to.

I've honestly lost faith in him because I was naive in thinking he wouldn't put up with any bollocks. I was wrong. Bringing back Terry is just a complete an utter joke. How a player that basically held a press conference taking the piss out of the national team coach retains his place in a "new" squad is a complete farce. One would have to think that somehow, somwhere in the wise corridors of the FA Capello has been "told" to pick the 4 horsemen of the English World Cup Apocalypse; Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Terry.

I'm beyond caring.

Offline steffo

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2010, 11:30:23 PM »
As Arse Wenger said today in the Sunday Times. The English FA must decide between the best league in the world or the best national team.

Ask Fat Frank.... IQ of 150+ as he has played shite for England for years yet performs to the best of his ability with Portuguise, African, German etc players around him.....

Cut paying Drogba's of the world 6 million a year and invest in coaches paid by the FA to coach kids at all Junior clubs. Alas the FA have no structure - Uefa B coaches here have no FA plan ie - we play 4-4-2 system.

Mr Brooking claims more people are taking the coaching badges - but it's no more than a dad taking a team and learning to read road signs.

If Junior clubs reach 'FA Charter Standard' then they should have a full time FA coach full time teaching them the basics. - The sad reality is that the clubs try to achieve this status as a stepping stone to achieving FA grants.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2010, 11:31:59 PM »
I often hear the media talking about Trevor Brooking as the person we should be listening to when it comes to changing things, but hasn't he been involved at the top level of the FA for decades now?

Isn't he actually part of the problem, rather than the solution?

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2010, 11:34:16 PM »
No. Brooking has precisely the right ideas. The problem is nobody in the FA is doing a damn thing about anything he recommends.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2010, 11:37:25 PM »
I often hear the media talking about Trevor Brooking as the person we should be listening to when it comes to changing things, but hasn't he been involved at the top level of the FA for decades now?

Isn't he actually part of the problem, rather than the solution?

Maybe he's part of the solution but nobody at the FA, Football League or Premier League cares to listen. There are just so many people at the FA with little or no football background yet these are the people running our national game. You look at how Germany has embraced some of their former players in varying capacities. Is it any wonder that in such short time they have a very healthy domestic game, and a very promising national team with a plan for sustained development from the grass roots up?

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2010, 11:43:16 PM »
Is Crouch injured?

Don't know I will ring the brothel and ask!

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2010, 11:45:42 PM »
Is Crouch injured?

Honestly what a fucking moron. Just when you thought there couldn't be a greater example of taking for granted what you have, along comes Peter Crouch and cheats on his stunning wife to be with a cheap slapper. Idiot, idiot, idiot.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2010, 11:46:14 PM »
Capello has lost the plot. Players announcing retirement after they  have been selected...don't get that? Surely him or his staff speak to players previously left out for long periods to ask/tell them before the squad is made public? :o

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2010, 10:39:29 AM »
I think hes taken the easy option in leaving out the likes of Defoe and SWP in for the new players, as opposed to what he should have done and got shot of the Terry's of this world.  Says to me 'weak manager afraid of player power'! 

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2010, 12:53:34 PM »
The brave new era for England led by err, Bobby Zamora and the same ego-obsessed players that were there before. I can hardly wait.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2010, 01:04:30 PM »
Bobby Zamora and Carlon Cole? I bet that's sent shockwaves round the European footballing super powers.

The FA is a laughing stock and Capello has lost it big time.  :o

I hope Hungary take them to the cleaners.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2010, 03:24:02 PM »
Oh no Wes Brown has quit international football now however will we cope.

And i bet he does not get half the piss taking as Heskey did, I am no Heskey apologist and wished we never bought him but the way that he took most of the flack whilst the other glory boys got ignored made my blood boil - and he had been a good servant to the country forsaking holidays etc to be part of teh England set up - Paul "ginger bollocks" Scholes turns Capello down in his pathetic hour of need and nothing is said slagging the Manx twat off

It is so biased for and against certain players i am begining to really detetst the English national team set up

Offline Dick Edwards

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2010, 03:45:56 PM »
I watched Capello's press interview at lunchtime. What a waste of time. Still no answers as to why England performed so desperately at the World Cup.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2010, 03:54:05 PM »
Is Crouch injured?

Honestly what a fucking moron. Just when you thought there couldn't be a greater example of taking for granted what you have, along comes Peter Crouch and cheats on his stunning wife to be with a cheap slapper. Idiot, idiot, idiot.

She's just another gold-digging tramp, don't feel sorry for her, she's made her money and name off his back.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2010, 03:55:32 PM »
I watched Capello's press interview at lunchtime. What a waste of time. Still no answers as to why England performed so desperately at the World Cup.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer. We don't have good enough footballers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal