collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: England squad  (Read 12452 times)

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
England squad
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 09:06:54 PM »
Agree also about Rooney and the World Cup, but we know he is world class, he is, isn't he?

Well I've seen no evidence. The press seem to think so but then they say the same about all the other under achievers.

Offline nuninho

England squad
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 09:15:41 PM »
Glad for Ashley to have a call up.  Would have been nice for Warnock to have had a call up as well.

Offline jembob

England squad
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 10:16:33 PM »
Postman Pat has come up trumps with this selection.

The fact that Lampard and Gerrard are in the squad is a joke. So too Keiran Gibbs - this is a player that has had minimal playing time in the Premiership but can only have been included as a result of London-biased media pressure. I can't think of another reason as although he may turn out to be top class, he has done nothing to merit selection.

Just watch Ash played out of position and look like an amateur.

The whole England International set up is a joke and they got what they deserved in the WC. The whole organisation is rotten from the top down, and the fact that they think that Trevor Brooking is the saviour of English football speaks volumes. Thanks to chumps like this, the national team is at least a generation behind other top teams and I can't believe that they will improve with this bunch of c*nts in place.

Shameful. I'm just glad that I'm only bothered about the Villa.

Offline Rancid custard

Re: England squad
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 09:04:22 AM »
We'll have to wait and see who the starting 11 is, but I think it'll be quite a mix up. I don't think Capello's got the balls to keep it the same as his W.C. 11. All 6 subs will be used of course, but Maybe something like Hart, Johnson, Terry, Dawson, Cole, A. Johnson, Barry, Gerrard, Young, Rooney, Bent.

Definitely a step in the right direction with the squad though.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 09:07:44 AM »
I can only assume Warnock and Gabby are not fit enough for the squad, although Gibbs is a better long term prospect for left back than Warnock.

MON was deep in telling Capello a lot in the first half against Valencia, and I assume much of it was don't you dare pick Gabby as he is not right. He would have been in the squad otherwise after Capello naming him in his players for the future after the world cup farce.

Online manic-road

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 09:26:08 AM »
I see Paul Robinson has suddenly retired from international football and pulled out of the England squad, i think it's another overpaid ponce crying cause he didn't go to the world cup.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 09:57:36 AM »
After his tantrum at the World Cup I thought that might be it for Terry, but obviously not.  Capello has always seemed like a manager you don't mess around with.

I'm beyond caring about this mob now.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 12:25:50 PM »
Same old shit.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 01:54:00 PM »
I think the squads good.

Hart, Wilshere and A.Johnson should be brought into the team I think, because should they develop they'll be our future stars. Get 'em in now so they're ready for 2012.

Warnock and Baines aren't good enough, IMO. Gibbs was pushing Clichy hard for his spot before his injury, he'll be England's long term replacement for Cole should he reach his potential, again might as well get him in now.

Something like:

Hart
Johnson - Dawson - Terry - Cole
Milner - Lampard - Barry - Wilshere
Rooney - Bent

Is what I'd like to see.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 07:42:08 PM »
I think it's stupid playing an england international a few day's before the season start's but nonetheless i'm pleased for ashley gotting a recall.

Offline Captain Trips

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 07:50:22 PM »
Where are Defoe and Crouch? How come Bent is suddenly better than both and yet Crouchie never played in the WC?

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2010, 08:00:30 PM »
Well postman pats not got the balls to upset the media so includes Terry, Gerrard and Fwank. So much for building for the future. Half a job.

Offline Karlos96

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2010, 08:47:27 PM »
Oh no Wes Brown has quit international football now however will we cope.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2010, 08:58:28 PM »
It's a bit off that two players called into the squad have jacked it in as soon as they heard.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 11:03:31 PM »
A player as gobsmackingly average as Wes Brown should wake up and thank whichever God he worships every morning that he managed to get one cap, let alone be retiring in favour of younger players.

It's all a bit bad, realy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal