collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: England squad  (Read 12451 times)

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
England squad
« on: August 07, 2010, 08:05:57 PM »
Ashley's in.

As is that Bolton defender.

Ben Foster (Birmingham), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Paul Robinson (Blackburn Rovers)

Wes Brown (Manchester United), Gary Cahill (Bolton Wanderers), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Michael Dawson (Tottenham Hotspur), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), John Terry (Chelsea)

Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Aston Villa), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Darren Bent (Sunderland), Carlton Cole (West Ham United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Bobby Zamora (Fulham)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
England squad
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 08:09:38 PM »
Zamora's keeping Gabby's spot warm then.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
England squad
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 08:14:54 PM »
That attack minus Rooney is pretty shit isn't it.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
England squad
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 08:18:47 PM »
Gabby must be a doubt. Otherwise he'd be there.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
England squad
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 08:19:49 PM »
I'd also hoped Postman Pat might have seen sense and cut both Lampard and Gerrard, or at least one of them, but you've got to keep the prawn sandwich brigade happy, eh?

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
England squad
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 08:22:16 PM »
At least Ash has a deserved call up.

Offline old man villa fan

England squad
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 08:23:50 PM »
Quote from: "Bren_d"

No variety in the other three.  Just shows how bereft of attacking players England are.

Offline timeoutbigbar

England squad
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 08:24:01 PM »
Nice to see a couple of youngsters integrated,  I'd still hope that a few of the older generation are gone before the next major tournament.  Well actually, hoping would imply that i care about International football, which as for the moment, i don't.

Offline enigma

England squad
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 08:29:43 PM »
Is Crouch injured?

Offline rutski

England squad
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 08:32:44 PM »
the attack with the fat twat in the world cup was pretty shit wasnt it! Lets see how far we can go with some'lesser' players in! Until the sponsers start demanding big names in again! To me it is the same old shit, and why that ****** terry is anywhere near it i dont know!!!

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
England squad
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 08:35:20 PM »
The BBC said Heskey was dropped. Who's going to tell them they've made a little boo-boo there?

Offline supertom

England squad
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 08:41:04 PM »
Not brave enough for my liking. The superstar 6 are still all their to disappoint. Cashley, Terry, Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney. All a bunch of wankers. This friendly is also utterly pointless for using those arseholes. What would we learn? We should have canned them, and tested a few other youngsters in those spots, perhaps Rooney aside.

I'm glad to see Robinson in the squad. He should have been in the WC squad IMO. Hart aside, he was better than the other English stoppers last season.

Offline old man villa fan

England squad
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 08:46:15 PM »
I see there is no place for flavour of last month, Joe Cole.  Terry will be pleased.  Perhaps the manager is waiting for him to throw his toys out again.

As somebody else commented, why is Terry in the squad, anyway.  He is on the way down from a non too high peak.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
England squad
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 08:47:54 PM »
If ever you needed evidence as to why England fail to perform time and time again, this squad is it.

Why are Lampard and Gerrard not as effective for country as they are for their clubs? Because they don't have to be. They will be picked regardless.

Disgraceful.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
England squad
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2010, 08:53:05 PM »
Quote from: "rutski"
the attack with the fat twat in the world cup was pretty shit wasnt it! Lets see how far we can go with some'lesser' players in! Until the sponsers start demanding big names in again! To me it is the same old shit, and why that c*** terry is anywhere near it i dont know!!!

Agree with you re: Terry, why bother with him?  He's a disruptive influence, too slow and not that good really.  So what if he throws himself at a ball once in a while, big deal.  Agree also about Rooney and the World Cup, but we know he is world class, he is, isn't he?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal