collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 06:47:43 AM]

NSWE Investment by Weedy
[Today at 06:26:55 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by ChicagoLion
[Today at 06:01:37 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Bad English
[Today at 05:02:29 AM]

Peter McParland 90 today by ROBBO
[Today at 04:48:05 AM]

Villa songs on Alexa by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 02:17:54 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Rory
[Today at 01:40:16 AM]

Snooker by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:23:15 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 06:47:43 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Weedy
[Today at 06:26:55 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by ChicagoLion
[Today at 06:01:37 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Bad English
[Today at 05:12:02 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Bad English
[Today at 05:02:29 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Axl Rose
[Today at 04:59:04 AM]

Re: Peter McParland 90 today by ROBBO
[Today at 04:48:05 AM]

Re: Villa songs on Alexa by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 02:17:54 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Oneill on TV Tonight  (Read 16176 times)

Offline Rancid custard

Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2010, 11:26:09 AM »
Quote from: "pmk1981"
i thought reo coker done a good job tonight.  Luke young looked solid ( you watch that spaniard get in at rb next week grrrr )

This.

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2010, 11:40:05 AM »
Quote from: "Olof's Beard"
I hate to bring a bit of poetic writing to the site but balls to Milner, he has a stupid face and can go fuck himself with a cucumber.

Giggled myself silly at this.

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2010, 11:45:33 AM »
I thought MON looked really fed up in that interview, I wonder if Randy has told him some home truths and stamped his feet over the transfer. Albrighton looks like he is improving with every match, likes to take a player on and is not afraid to shoot.

Offline Irish villain

Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2010, 12:21:54 PM »
The sooner this all sorted the better so we can start to invest in the side.

Offline rjp

• aka Rob
  • GM : 07.05.2024
Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2010, 12:30:42 PM »
I remember towards the end of last season MON saying that sometimes it can be worth selling a star player to finance an overall improvement in the squad.  I have no evidence to back this up but I have a suspicion that Milner was happy to stay but MON has decided to sell him and effectively forced him to move.  That would explain the strange press reports about Milner being furious that MON said he'd refused a new contract etc and for the money that's being talked about I have to say that it may be a positive move for us.  One thing's for sure, if I'm right then MON isn't about to come out and admit it publicly as many fans would react negatively.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2010, 12:36:29 PM »
Quote from: "rjp"
I remember towards the end of last season MON saying that sometimes it can be worth selling a star player to finance an overall improvement in the squad.  I have no evidence to back this up but I have a suspicion that Milner was happy to stay but MON has decided to sell him and effectively forced him to move.  That would explain the strange press reports about Milner being furious that MON said he'd refused a new contract etc and for the money that's being talked about I have to say that it may be a positive move for us.  One thing's for sure, if I'm right then MON isn't about to come out and admit it publicly as many fans would react negatively.

I don't believe this at all.Milner has been completely sheepish and evasive since prior to the world cup when questioned about his future .If he wanted to stay he only had to say.He did the same to Newcastle why would he show us any more degree of loyalty

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2010, 12:42:23 PM »
I'm swaying more towards that Milner wants to leave. Man City will be his 4th club and he's only 24, so it looks like he likes to move around. MON is trying to build a team here, so i don't think he'd want to be selling two of his best players two years on the trot if he did'nt want to. As it may turn out, it could be a good thing, it may freshen the whole team up, which needs doing i think.

Offline rjp

• aka Rob
  • GM : 07.05.2024
Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2010, 12:45:30 PM »
Quote from: "VILLALWAYS"

I don't believe this at all.Milner has been completely sheepish and evasive since prior to the world cup when questioned about his future .If he wanted to stay he only had to say.He did the same to Newcastle why would he show us any more degree of loyalty

At Newcastle he was paid derisory wages and was messed about by a club that was rapdily imploding.  At Villa he's paid quite well (I believe) and has progressed into an England regular.  I can see him having a lot more loyalty to us than them.  As for being sheepish, I think I'd be a bit reluctant to say I'm definitely staying if I was expecting to enter contract negotiations.  I'd not want to show my hand.  You may very well be correct and I may be talking absolute shite but if I am then I don't think it's for those reasons.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2010, 12:57:56 PM »
He didn't have to say he was definitely staying. An indication that he wanted to would've been good enough.

Offline VillaAlways

Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2010, 01:01:03 PM »

At Newcastle he was paid derisory wages and was messed about by a club that was rapdily imploding.  At Villa he's paid quite well (I believe) and has progressed into an England regular.  I can see him having a lot more loyalty to us than them.  As for being sheepish, I think I'd be a bit reluctant to say I'm definitely staying if I was expecting to enter contract negotiations.  I'd not want to show my hand.  You may very well be correct and I may be talking absolute shite but if I am then I don't think it's for those reasons.

Clearly he hasn't got any loyalty to us though.Many clubs I'm sure are interested in Ash but it didn't stop him talking about a new contract and expressing a bit of gratitude to the club that gave him his break.Milner clearly does not give a fuck !!

Offline Taylor

Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2010, 01:03:23 PM »
Milner said he didn't ask to leave Villa and I believe him.

MON realised he had to sell to buy and saw an opportunity to make some money to enable him to add to the squad. Nothing wrong with this, but I was a little bit disappointed that he wasn't honest about his intentions, instead he chose to use the press to force a deal and avoid any bad publicity. And reading some of the anti-Milner vitriol on here, it seems to have worked.

By the way, I'm not one of the MON OUT party, I just feel a bit let down by a man who I regarded as someone above playing the media game.

Offline VillaAlways

Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2010, 01:12:56 PM »
Quote from: "Taylor"
Milner said he didn't ask to leave Villa and I believe him.

MON realised he had to sell to buy and saw an opportunity to make some money to enable him to add to the squad. Nothing wrong with this, but I was a little bit disappointed that he wasn't honest about his intentions, instead he chose to use the press to force a deal and avoid any bad publicity. And reading some of the anti-Milner vitriol on here, it seems to have worked.

By the way, I'm not one of the MON OUT party, I just feel a bit let down by a man who I regarded as someone above playing the media game.

However Milner has not SAID anything publically and never has to confirm his position which for me speaks volumes

Offline ez

Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2010, 01:14:04 PM »

Are the players allowed to say anything though? Barry spoke to a paper and was punished for rule breaking.

Offline VillaAlways

Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2010, 01:19:04 PM »
Quote from: "ez"

Are the players allowed to say anything though? Barry spoke to a paper and was punished for rule breaking.

i think they're allowed to say they're happy to play for Villa and express a bit of gratitude like Ash did

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2010, 02:06:39 PM »
Quote from: "Olof's Beard"
I hate to bring a bit of poetic writing to the site but balls to Milner, he has a stupid face and can go fuck himself with a cucumber.

Is that what you call a Veggie Bugger!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal