collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Oneill on TV Tonight  (Read 16177 times)

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 12:41:46 AM »
Where was O'Neill located during the game tonight?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 12:50:58 AM »
Quote from: "dave clark five"

In the posh seats, next to Capello.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 12:55:23 AM »
Quote from: "pauliewalnuts"

That would have been an interesting tactical talk.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 12:56:14 AM »

A very short one.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2010, 01:25:41 AM »

"Emile's terrific, just terrific"

"Si... magnifico"

Offline Muscle-Dolphin

Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2010, 01:29:51 AM »
The sooner the Milner deal goes through - the better.  Right now he is a dark cloud hurting the team.  If MON/Lerner can get 25 mill plus Ireland for Milner then I'd take the deal in a heartbeat.  Ireland can pass the ball well.  We need a playmaker to compliment Albrighton (who should be starting), Ashley Young, Carew, and Gabby.  Milner has indeed turned out to be a wanker.

Offline Muscle-Dolphin

Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2010, 02:21:24 AM »
In my previous post I meant 25 mill (including Ireland's salary).

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2010, 07:13:14 AM »
Quote from: "cdvillafan"
The centre midfield looked devoid of invention and creativity.

I thought the midfield worked quite well although Downing still looks to be lacking confidence. I think where we struggled was getting someone up alongside Carew and past Heskey to take advantage of the midfield's good work.

I didn't think we looked that far off being a really good side and that was even with a few of the kids and Salifou playing too.

Offline bobcat

• GM : 01.06.2017
Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2010, 07:21:45 AM »
Downing was shockingly bad. Heskey was okay for the first 5 mins he came on, then reverted to type. Luke Young was voted man of the match but will still probably lose his place to Carlos next week. Reo-Coker impressed and Guzan just looks like an Enkleman waiting to happen.

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2010, 08:49:21 AM »
I dont think Sidwell touched the ball did he? I thought Reo was quite good my biggest worry is the lack of goals for the coming season.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2010, 09:12:07 AM »
Prediction. By the end of the season Milner will be a bench warner and realise, like Barry, he isn't as good as he thought he was. Just cannot believe anyone would pay that kind of money for him, just shows how Fcked the gamd is.

Offline Loxton01

Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2010, 09:23:19 AM »
To me we like many teams this season ala Tottenham, Everton have to sell to buy.

Oneill has created his own issue in that he cant sell the likes of sidwell, davies, reo-coker, young for decent money as he has been so stubborn and never giving them a chance.

Therefore if Milner wants to go and the money is 25m we should sell him. He works his absolute arse off and is a decent player but is def not a 25m player.

I wonder where he will play at citeh with all them midfielders but quite frankly who gives a fuck. I was not pissed off with Barry as he had given us years of loyal service. With milner he is clearly showing how little regard he has for Villa the manager and loyalty.

The big key now is Oneill needs to use the money to address our lack of creativity and strikers.

If w dont buy a striker [I would try and get bellamy] we have to play 4-5-1 and then we need two quality midfielders ireland would not be a bad shout but for me I would test everton for arteta. Lets try for a change and poach a player like other teams do to us!!!!

Offline sfx412

Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2010, 09:28:45 AM »
there are none so blind as them that don't want to see.

Interesting that this late in the day O'Neill in his interview on Milner reckoned if the deal went through he would need to discuss what monies would be available for transfers.

If they don't know by now perhaps they don't talk with him much any more and the place is falling into chaos. Doubt it but you never know. Nice shift of blame from Mart though.

Offline Olof's Beard

Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2010, 09:35:36 AM »
I hate to bring a bit of poetic writing to the site but balls to Milner, he has a stupid face and can go fuck himself with a cucumber.

Offline smudger

Oneill on TV Tonight
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2010, 09:46:35 AM »
Quote from: "Guy M"
Quote from: "cdvillafan"
The centre midfield looked devoid of invention and creativity.

I thought the midfield worked quite well although Downing still looks to be lacking confidence. I think where we struggled was getting someone up alongside Carew and past Heskey to take advantage of the midfield's good work.

I didn't think we looked that far off being a really good side and that was even with a few of the kids and Salifou playing too.

The central midfield pair looked excellent, in a workman like way. Thats fine though as long as the wide players and forwards have the invention and creativity, and they also looked workmanlike which is what i would worry more about. It was all too predictable and slow paced in the final third, and you struggled to see where a goal was coming from, like last season. If Keane, Ireland and McGeady do sign though, that is where i would hope things would change for the better in that way, between the 3 of them there is plenty of goals and creativity, and if we are pretty much swopping 1 workmanlike (albeit very good) footballer for those 3 i would be delighted and the squad overall will be considerably improved.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal