collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[Today at 12:00:15 AM]

GUESS THE GOAL R25: Europa Conf.🏆 Lille v VILLA Thursday 18th April! 🥅 by devilla
[April 16, 2024, 11:33:04 PM]

Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[April 16, 2024, 11:29:14 PM]

NSWE Investment by Sexual Ealing
[April 16, 2024, 11:10:27 PM]

Kosta Nedeljkovic - signed by mike
[April 16, 2024, 10:43:35 PM]

Bears/Pears/Domestic Cricket Thread by Steve67
[April 16, 2024, 10:37:37 PM]

Celebrity Fans. What's The Point? by Brazilian Villain
[April 16, 2024, 10:27:31 PM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by VillaTim
[April 16, 2024, 09:54:45 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[Today at 12:00:15 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[April 16, 2024, 11:52:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[April 16, 2024, 11:51:11 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Pat McMahon
[April 16, 2024, 11:44:58 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 16, 2024, 11:35:11 PM]

Re: GUESS THE GOAL R25: Europa Conf.🏆 Lille v VILLA Thursday 18th April! 🥅 by devilla
[April 16, 2024, 11:33:04 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[April 16, 2024, 11:29:14 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Sexual Ealing
[April 16, 2024, 11:10:27 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why cant I feel any excitement about the forthcoming season?  (Read 16007 times)

Offline VillaVA

Re: Why cant I feel any excitement about the forthcoming sea
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2010, 09:34:33 PM »
Quote from: "Fergal"
Is it the world cup farce ?
Is it the thought of over hyped over paid footballers taking the piss?
I just cant work up any enthusiasm for next season, I am usually getting excited and studying the fixture list and and and.......
Has the modern money driven, Sky driven, Andy Gray growling punditry promising 'mouth watering' football finally done me?

Fergal you are spot on, I feel exactly the same.  I haven't renewed for the first time in five or six years.   I blame it partly on the World Cup, partly on Milner going, and partly as a result of the discovery that my season ticket funds  precisely 0.5% of a week of Heskey's wages.

Offline Chris Harte

Re: Why cant I feel any excitement about the forthcoming season?
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2010, 07:47:57 AM »
Fergal you are spot on, I feel exactly the same.  I haven't renewed for the first time in five or six years.   I blame it partly on the World Cup, partly on Milner going, and partly as a result of the discovery that my season ticket funds  precisely 0.5% of a week of Heskey's wages.
I feel similar to Fergal and have done for years now. Also in common with VillaVA I did consider returning my season ticket after our over-hyped national team's abysmal failure in South Africa. Then it dawned on me I'd be missing out on the social side of things if I did cancel.

I'm not even excited about the West Ham game this weekend. Just the fact that me and friends are making a day of it as its possibly our only 3pm Saturday home game between now and late January.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2010, 08:11:50 AM »
Our fans are getting on my nerves.

The  'stand up if you hate the blues' song really got on my wick on Friday. And we now have 'sit down if you love the blues'. For the first time in my life I didn't want to be at the game and wanted to be somewhere else. Bloody oiky chavs! I think I'm too old for Holte End Upper and its time to get my blanket and move to the Trinity. If anyone taps me on the shoulder and questions my support cos I'm not standing up or sitting down I will have to kill them.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2010, 10:00:25 AM »

The  'stand up if you hate the blues' song really got on my wick on Friday. And we now have 'sit down if you love the blues'. For the first time in my life I didn't want to be at the game and wanted to be somewhere else. Bloody oiky chavs! I think I'm too old for Holte End Upper and its time to get my blanket and move to the Trinity. If anyone taps me on the shoulder and questions my support cos I'm not standing up or sitting down I will have to kill them.

Welcome to my world ! I reside within the lower North and more recently we have gotten similar. Fortunately most around me and VCTM jnr are a decent mix, apart from our dear friend with the whistle. I put my intolerance down to being a grumpy old git however !!

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2010, 10:48:19 AM »

I moved from the back of the Holte to the front row for that very reason, I got fed up of not being able to not watch the match for some prick in front falling all over the  place or starting stand up if you love the villa the minute the stewards had got everyone to sit down

Offline Dan England

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2010, 10:49:51 AM »

Plus at least 10 minutes of various Tracey Andrews songs. 7 or 8 anti - Milner songs. I am officially old, as I spent most of the game thinking what a bunch of twats before realising that at 29 I was probably the oldest person in 1000 seats by at least 10 years.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2010, 02:04:08 PM »

Forgot to say my 8 year old thought it was great........and anything that gets the Villa bug further ingrained is ok I suppose.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal