collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sensational Six  (Read 3116 times)

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Sensational Six
« on: August 03, 2010, 07:06:17 PM »
From Pravda:

Six teenage Villa stars will get the chance to impress England coaches after being called up for national trials.

Bryan Jones, the club's academy chief, has expressed his pride after the claret and blues starlets were included among a 40-strong England under-16 party.

Defenders Joshua Webb, Bradley Lewis and Oliver Stevenson and midfielders Charlie Ward, Jordan Graham and Jack Grealish will take part in the trials at Burton later this month.

Villa's European Cup winning full-back Kenny Swain - now the head coach of England's under-16 team - will run the rule over the youngsters.

Those involved in the trials are vying for selection for this season's internationals, including the Victory Shield tournament against the other home nations.

It is another feather in the cap for Villa's highly successful academy, with Jones describing this latest batch of players as "outstanding".

"I'm absolutely delighted," said the academy director. "I don't think it has ever been known before for one club to provide so many from one age group in an international set up.

"It is exciting for us for the future. We also have Bradley Watkins, who is an England under-17 goalkeeper.

"Also in this team, Umit Eminoglu is a Turkish international so you can see it is an outsanding group of players."

Villa's academy continues to flourish, with Gabby Agbonlahor, Nathan Delfouneso and Marc Albrighton the most recent in a long line of home grown talents to break into the club's first team ranks.

Ciaran Clark made his Premier League bow against Fulham last term, while Barry Bannan and Shane Lowry have both experienced European competition for Martin O'Neill's team.

The club also reached the FA Youth Cup final last season, where Tony McAndrew's team were narrowly beaten by Chelsea.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Sensational Six
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 07:15:02 PM »
I know one of the lads and am made up for him.  He's Villa barmy - goes home & away when he's not playing.  A top kid.

Offline Apyadg

Sensational Six
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 07:25:42 PM »
Well, you can't leave us like that! Which one?

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Sensational Six
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 08:02:56 PM »
Great news for them. Congratulations to them all

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Sensational Six
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 08:03:33 PM »
Quote from: "Apyadg"
Well, you can't leave us like that! Which one?

Oli Stevenson

Offline Bottom Right 89

Sensational Six
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 10:56:47 PM »
Was i alone in thinking this would be a link to some sensational news about our former 80's hot shot perminator Didier Six? Disappointing.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
six
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 09:16:32 AM »
Well our future certainly looks bright with these kid's coming through.

Offline Mazrim

Sensational Six
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 09:28:51 AM »
The headline should have been: "The Joy of Six".

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal