collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New season ticket holder  (Read 13338 times)

Offline deero83

New season ticket holder
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2010, 06:06:52 PM »
Quote from: "pauliewalnuts"
When I lived in Italy, I had a season ticket for Milan.

That wasn't because I'd forgotten about the Villa, but because I liked watching football near to where I lived, and because I went often enough to make it financially worthwhile.

And it cost absolutely feck all, too.

Oh, and just to top it all, they went through a short spell of winning feck all whilst I was watching them.

Thanks paulie, I'm glad someone understands!

Offline Gazinks

Aussie Villians?
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2010, 05:02:17 AM »
Hey, trying to find Villa fans in Melbourne, Australia. I'm also a Melbourne Victory member but Heart fans are "kind of" welcome to reply.

Offline deero83

New season ticket holder
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2010, 08:47:31 AM »
Another question:

I understand I can go and watch the reserves when they play at VP for free now I've got a season ticket? Is this still the case? Do many people go?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
New season ticket holder
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2010, 09:02:11 AM »
Details here

You may be somewhat disappointed.

Offline deero83

New season ticket holder
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2010, 09:12:11 AM »
Quote from: "Legion"
Details here

You may be somewhat disappointed.

Oh. Well I guess at least some of the games are still at VP. I probably wouldn't have gone to that many really, but that is a bit annoying that some are at Bodymoor Heath instead. Damn Premier League meddling with things.....!

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
New season ticket holder
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2010, 09:13:52 AM »
Welcome deero. It's not where you've been, it's where you're at.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
New season ticket holder
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2010, 09:21:01 AM »
Quote from: "deero83"

Yes, quite positive I suppose. I've never had a season ticket for a team before and considering I'm originally from Stoke and spent the first 20-odd years of my life following Port Vale, I decided to concentrate my attentions to the Villa a couple of years ago. I guess I still have the 'greenhorn' optimism that comes with the fact that I'll be watching a premiership game every fortnight as a minimum. I've been to a fair few games over the last couple of years so decided to take the plunge and sign up for the season ticket.

Welcome ! Welcome! Welcome ! I didnt think it was possible for someone to change their allegiance but this is good news for us, although I must ask the question "If Villa play Port Vale in the cup, where would you loyalties be?" Be truthful now...total respect to you if you say Vale.

Good to be positive too, Ive been Villa for 44 years and love it all and  am always positive. In fact, my theory is that most of our fans who bemoan the disaster of being only 6th arent old enough to remember the dark days of the late 1960s.

One last question with your being from Vale, is Robbie Williams every inch the twat that we think he is?

Online Chico Hamilton III

New season ticket holder
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2010, 09:33:47 AM »
Quote from: "Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air"
 "If Villa play Port Vale in the cup, where would you loyalties be?"

Remember when we played Vale in the Cup in 1990? They suddenly discovered 12,000 fans ( double their average home attendance) and complained when Villa wouldn't increase their allocation.

Pissed down with rain all game, 6-0 and Stuart Gray was bending in free kicks like Rivelino.

Whatever happened to Vale Park's plan to become the Wembley of the north?

Offline deero83

New season ticket holder
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2010, 09:45:57 AM »
Chico Hamilton:

Ah, Vale in the 90s... those were the days. We actually had decent players then, and a top manager in John Rudge. How I would love for them to be back in Div One/Championship. I remember how pleased I was when Stoke had just built the Sh*ttania Stadium because they thought they were going to get into the Prem, and we ended up finishing higher than them. Brings a tear to my eye. Then we sacked Rudge, brought in Brian Horton, and it all went pear-shaped from there including nearly going out of business.

Vale Park was known as the "Wembley of the North" because it had the largest playing surface outside Wembley at the time.

Andy Lochhead:

Yes, Robbie Williams is a tw*t. When Vale were in Administration in 2002 he had just signed an £80m record deal so we were begging him to put some money into the club. How much did we get once the Administration had finished, and a few years later? £250,000. I bet he spends that on coke in a weekend.

If Villa were to play Vale in the cup, I would naturally find it very difficult. If Vale were to win, I would be chuffed for them as they've had a crap time over the last few seasons and deserve a bit of luck. Micky Adams seems to be doing the business for them at the moment, as he nearly got them into the playoffs last season so hopefully things are on the up for them. I remember the good old cup runs under Rudge..... beating Everton and taking Arsenal to penalties.......

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
New season ticket holder
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2010, 10:10:03 AM »
When you answered Chico about Vale in the 90s, you say "we" 3 times.
When you answered me about playing Villa now, you say "them" 3 times.

That answers my question, you wouldnt find it that difficult.

Offline deero83

New season ticket holder
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2010, 10:20:32 AM »
Quote from: "Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air"
When you answered Chico about Vale in the 90s, you say "we" 3 times.
When you answered me about playing Villa now, you say "them" 3 times.

That answers my question, you wouldnt find it that difficult.

Picky.....

I can see I'm going to have to run these posts pass my press secretary from now on!

Offline peter w

New season ticket holder
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »
Quote from: deero83
Quote from: "Chris Smith"
Quote from: "Walmley_Villa"
Isn't that bandit country? Few Bloonoses around that way I think. /quote]

I live in Kings Norton and there are a few but they're here for our amusement and to help remind us of how lucky we are.

There's quite a few Villa fans that I've spotted around Cotteridge/Kings Norton/Bournville....

The Mrs's family are mainly Bluenoses apart from the mother-in-law and her side of the family, who're Villa, so I've chosen wisely.

My parents live in Bournville, I used to live in Northfield, and they go to the Kings Norton ex-services in Cotteridge so feel I can speak about the area. Although there are noses there always to be slightly more Villa - although Northfield is 50/50 I'd say.

Online frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
New season ticket holder
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2010, 10:53:24 AM »
Welcome, deero. To come back to your question about where to go before and after games - the Holte Suite has a lot to recommend it. It's pleasant, spacious, comfortable, next to the turnstiles and does good food (there's usually a roast and a curry). The downside would be that the beer is fizzy John Smith's or similar, there's the admission charge, and on popular days they stop admitting about an hour before kick-off. The Barton's Arms is a bit of a trek (15-20 minutes), but it's an excellent pub (Victorian, beautifully restored) with a fine selection of beers and, if you want to eat as well, a very good Thai cuisine. If you have a bit of time after a game, the Barton's is the place to go. All of the above applies to proper matchdays such as West Ham next week; I'm not sure how much of a crowd there will be for Valencia on Friday.

Offline deero83

New season ticket holder
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2010, 12:29:34 PM »
Quote from: "frank"
Welcome, deero. To come back to your question about where to go before and after games - the Holte Suite has a lot to recommend it. It's pleasant, spacious, comfortable, next to the turnstiles and does good food (there's usually a roast and a curry). The downside would be that the beer is fizzy John Smith's or similar, there's the admission charge, and on popular days they stop admitting about an hour before kick-off. The Barton's Arms is a bit of a trek (15-20 minutes), but it's an excellent pub (Victorian, beautifully restored) with a fine selection of beers and, if you want to eat as well, a very good Thai cuisine. If you have a bit of time after a game, the Barton's is the place to go. All of the above applies to proper matchdays such as West Ham next week; I'm not sure how much of a crowd there will be for Valencia on Friday.

Thanks Frank, very helpful.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal