collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:42:07 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 12:17:15 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:14:02 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by tomd2103
[April 17, 2024, 11:32:24 PM]

Do it thr Frnch way - Lill away by dave.woodhall
[April 17, 2024, 11:28:11 PM]

Brighton (a) by sonyhill
[April 17, 2024, 11:15:10 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulTheVillan
[April 17, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

GUESS THE GOAL R25: Europa Conf.🏆 Lille v VILLA Thursday 18th April! 🥅 by Fasth56
[April 17, 2024, 11:01:53 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:42:07 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Axl Rose
[Today at 12:20:05 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 12:17:15 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:14:02 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by usav
[Today at 12:05:07 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Risso
[Today at 12:04:43 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:02:57 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[April 17, 2024, 11:43:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New season ticket holder  (Read 13322 times)

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

New season ticket holder
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2010, 01:32:24 PM »
Welcome deero:

You have come along at a very "fickle" time. As we were only at wembley twice last season and just missed out on a champions league spot .............. oh and we have one of the most sought after managers in the premiership. Fickle being a key word ........

Offline deero83

New season ticket holder
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2010, 01:34:18 PM »
Quote from: "WALTERS WARRIORS"
Welcome deero:

You have come along at a very "arbitrary, capricious, changeable, cheating, coquettish, double-crossing, faithless, fitful, flighty, frivolous, inconstant, irresolute, lubricious, mercurial, mutable, quicksilver, sneaking, temperamental, ticklish, two-timing, unfaithful, unpredictable" time. As we were only at wembley twice last season and just missed out on a champions league spot .............. oh and we have one of the most sought after managers in the premiership. arbitrary, capricious, changeable, cheating, coquettish, double-crossing, faithless, fitful, flighty, frivolous, inconstant, irresolute, lubricious, mercurial, mutable, quicksilver, sneaking, temperamental, ticklish, two-timing, unfaithful, unpredictable being a key word ........

very eloquent!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
New season ticket holder
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2010, 01:43:16 PM »
That's just the word filter for the "F" word-  f1ckle.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
New season ticket holder
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 01:43:46 PM »
Quote from: "dave.woodhall"
Your own team was crap so you started supporting a Premier League team?

Who says we cannot compete with Man United?! Only 30,000 more to go.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
New season ticket holder
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2010, 01:43:47 PM »
Quote from: "Walmley_Villa"
Isn't that bandit country? Few Bloonoses around that way I think.

I live in Kings Norton and there are a few but they're here for our amusement and to help remind us of how lucky we are.

Offline deero83

New season ticket holder
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2010, 02:02:16 PM »
Quote from: Chris Smith
Quote from: "Walmley_Villa"
Isn't that bandit country? Few Bloonoses around that way I think. /quote]

I live in Kings Norton and there are a few but they're here for our amusement and to help remind us of how lucky we are.

There's quite a few Villa fans that I've spotted around Cotteridge/Kings Norton/Bournville....

The Mrs's family are mainly Bluenoses apart from the mother-in-law and her side of the family, who're Villa, so I've chosen wisely.

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
New season ticket holder
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2010, 02:26:46 PM »
oh and we have one of the most sought after managers in the premiership.

Sought after by whom may I ask? Did Liverpool approach him? No. Did Chelsea approach him the four times they have sought a new manager since Mourinhio left? No. You cannot seriously believe that Manchester United would want him to replace Fergie when he finally retires. Arsenal when Wenger goes? What about Spurs? I know- Man City will be in for him if Mancini cocks up… the only premier league clubs that would take him now are the ones who are always going to be bottom half fodder. His days of being hailed as a great manager are now gone. He will never get a bigger job than the one he is in now.

And deero83, welcome to the Villa and I hope you enjoy it, but in all honestly I’m firmly in the old school that once you’ve nailed your colours to the mast you cant and should never change them. However, welcome nonetheless and thank you for sharing in our suffering.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
New season ticket holder
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2010, 03:48:35 PM »
Quote from: "Risso"
Welcome to H&V deero, it doesn't matter how you came to be a Villa fan, it just matters that you did.

We would give absolute shitloads to anyone we found out had swapped Port Vale for Man Utd or Chelsea, but as it's Villa it's okay?

Sorry, deero, you are a turncoat sir and I'm mightily unimpressed.

Nah, not really, do what you want, it's a free country.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

New season ticket holder
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2010, 03:57:21 PM »
Quote from: Leighton
oh and we have one of the most sought after managers in the premiership.

Sought after by whom may I ask? Did Liverpool approach him? No. Did Chelsea approach him the four times they have sought a new manager since Mourinhio left? No. You cannot seriously believe that Manchester United would want him to replace Fergie when he finally retires. Arsenal when Wenger goes? What about Spurs? I know- Man City will be in for him if Mancini cocks up… the only premier league clubs that would take him now are the ones who are always going to be bottom half fodder. His days of being hailed as a great manager are now gone. He will never get a bigger job than the one he is in now.

And deero83, welcome to the Villa and I hope you enjoy it, but in all honestly I’m firmly in the old school that once you’ve nailed your colours to the mast you cant and should never change them. However, welcome nonetheless and thank you for sharing in our suffering.

Liverpool were strongly mentioned when Benitez went. And only after Lerner followed by MON came out with a statement that he "was happy after talking to Mr Lerner" that he was staying did the interest filter off ?????

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
new season ticket
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2010, 03:58:00 PM »
I agree with dave cooper but as it's the villa welcome aboard the rollercoaster of emotions.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
New season ticket holder
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2010, 04:08:38 PM »
Quote from: "Dave Cooper"

We would give absolute shitloads to anyone we found out had swapped Port Vale for Man Utd or Chelsea, but as it's Villa it's okay?

Correct.

Offline deero83

New season ticket holder
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2010, 05:50:09 PM »
Welcome to H&V deero, it doesn't matter how you came to be a Villa fan, it just matters that you did.

I can see why it looks like I'm a turncoat. I will always follow the Vale, no matter what, as after 20-odd years you can't exactly ditch them. Please don't get me wrong; I am a firm believer in supporting your local team so now that I live in Brum I thought I ought to adopt one of the local teams here. It just so happens that I like them that much I decided to buy a season ticket at the Villa.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
New season ticket holder
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2010, 05:55:24 PM »
Quote from: "deero83"

I can see why it looks like I'm a turncoat. I will always follow the Vale, no matter what, as after 20-odd years you can't exactly ditch them. Please don't get me wrong; I am a firm believer in supporting your local team so now that I live in Brum I thought I ought to adopt one of the local teams here. It just so happens that I like them that much I decided to buy a season ticket at the Villa.

If you knew anything of Dave you'd realise that he wasn't being serious, he gave up Villa for Tamworth.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
New season ticket holder
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2010, 06:01:18 PM »
It was a tongue in cheek jibe aimed at those who would have slagged you off rotten if you had declared that you had decided to support one of the Sky4, but as it's our club it's okay!
Personally I don't really care who anyone supports, it's a personal choice. I don't hate the Brummie Reds at all but they drive some posters on here mad with rage for some reason.

Good luck, let's hope Villa can produce some football to make your purchase all the more worthwhile.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
New season ticket holder
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2010, 06:02:23 PM »
When I lived in Italy, I had a season ticket for Milan.

That wasn't because I'd forgotten about the Villa, but because I liked watching football near to where I lived, and because I went often enough to make it financially worthwhile.

And it cost absolutely feck all, too.

Oh, and just to top it all, they went through a short spell of winning feck all whilst I was watching them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal