collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:14:32 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by simon ward 50
[Today at 01:13:32 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Villafirst
[Today at 01:12:55 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by olaftab
[Today at 01:11:12 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by JUAN PABLO
[Today at 01:10:00 PM]

Re: Liverpool by johnc
[Today at 01:07:05 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:06:59 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by usav
[Today at 01:06:19 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The end is nigh.  (Read 120210 times)

Offline eastie

The end is nigh.
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2010, 08:23:11 AM »
Villa are still an attractive club and the likes of jol, Eriksson and klinnsman would probably all be interested along with plenty others.

Offline eastie

The end is nigh.
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2010, 08:27:00 AM »
Good post andrew 08 , yes the Moscow debacle was where it began to go wrong for mon- a shocking mistake having played so many games to get that far and toss it away like that.

Offline Mazrim

The end is nigh.
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2010, 08:31:56 AM »
Quote from: "east19"
Villa are still an attractive club and the likes of jol, Eriksson and klinnsman would probably all be interested along with plenty others.

No thanks.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
The end is nigh.
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2010, 08:41:59 AM »
Couldn't believe it when I woke up to this thread title.How different from the optimism 24 hours ago.I wonder if the Shitty fans are calling for Mancinis head after their piss poor pre season and Spurs fans for Harry after they were walloped by Villarreal.Surely at least we can wait til the season actually starts until the knives come out.I feel quite depressed now :(

Online Chris Harte

The end is nigh.
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2010, 08:44:55 AM »
I'm another who thinks O'Neill won't last the season, however calling for him to go on August 2nd is just nuts. It smacks of a knee-jerk reaction to be honest.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
The end is nigh.
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2010, 09:06:46 AM »
Quote from: "Chris Harte"
I'm another who thinks O'Neill won't last the season, however calling for him to go on August 2nd is just nuts. It smacks of a knee-jerk reaction to be honest.

A few of us have been saying it for a year or more now.  Sounds like we were given a proper footballing lesson last night.

Offline march

The end is nigh.
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2010, 09:07:08 AM »

it smacks of people acting like spoilt children, the internet age through forums and the such like has developed these kinds of things.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
The end is nigh.
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2010, 09:16:31 AM »
Does anyone really think those people DCF is talking about have formed that opinion after one pre season friendly?

I'm imagining not.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
The end is nigh.
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2010, 09:18:40 AM »
Quote from: "march"

it smacks of people acting like spoilt children, the internet age through forums and the such like has developed these kinds of things.

It smacks of people having an opinion that's different to yours.  How anybody could accuse DCF, a person who probably spends more time and money following Villa than anybody else on here of being "spoilt" beggars belief.  Spoilt by what?  The exciting signings and scintillating football?

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
The end is nigh.
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2010, 09:24:42 AM »
Quote from: "dave.woodhall"
Quote from: "toronto villa"
Quote from: "dave.woodhall"
It's also from someone who is out in Portugal, so has been listening to supporters for the past few days.

what was their reaction the day before I wonder?

I'm not saying there's not dissent, but it's hardly as if the fans who travelled on a pre-season piss up to Portugal represent any balanced sample on the day of defeat in a friendly versus a Champions League team that just won their league again.

Just the ones who could be bothered to travel, which is usually quite important in deciding who 'real' fans are, when it suits.

Could be bothered?

Or perhaps those who can afford to throw a few hundred quid at meaningless friendlies?

Edit: Misunderstood Dave's intention.

I don't think 15 people at a table really tramslates to "O'Neill is now out of favour with a high percentage of fans".

Offline march

The end is nigh.
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2010, 09:26:03 AM »
Quote from: "Risso"
Quote from: "march"

It smacks of people having an opinion that's different to yours.  How anybody could accuse DCF, a person who probably spends more time and money following Villa than anybody else on here of being "spoilt" beggars belief.  Spoilt by what?  The exciting signings and scintillating football?

The same fans who the previous night were singing MON's name clearly, even over the duff internet stream I had ?

thats f1ckle.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
The end is nigh.
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2010, 09:33:18 AM »
the peole who are in Portugal to see the Villa, are supporters who you would think would try and see the best side of all things Villa,  

they are so interested in whats going on at VP that they choose to spend there sumer holidays following the side, so they aint part timers thats for sure.

if DC5 says most are pissed of with MON then thats significant in my view, and if MON has lost the support of these type of supporters then it will be downhill from here.

as for me i'm in Torquay, and the last thing on my mind was our result against Bohemians, untill i poped on here,

so does that mean that i'm less of a supporter, and my views are worth less,
to right it does,
 i dont follow Villa like i used to or like those guys in portugal, full respect to them,
 i would take there oppinions over many on here including myself.

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
The end is nigh.
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2010, 09:33:18 AM »
After D'OL left, we needed some pride and passion restored. We needed to get some stability into our squad and plan for the future. With Randy buying in, we needed a 'name' manager to take us forward as a 'brand' (sorry).

MoN was the right man at the right time.

Sadly, I believe the time has finished. He's shown that he's very capable of putting a team out that can beat a team of equal ability. He's also shown that when the chips are down against better sides, he's utterly clueless.

Thanks for everything, Martin, you were what we were crying out for but now we need a modern manager/coach combination to take us into the next stage.

Online john e

The end is nigh.
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2010, 09:34:12 AM »
D Post

Online john e

The end is nigh.
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2010, 09:34:12 AM »
T Post

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal