collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: albrighton and delfouneso... the next young and agbonlahor?  (Read 7068 times)

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
albrighton and delfouneso... the next young and agbonlahor?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 11:28:55 PM »
how many times do young players get hailed as the next big thing, virtually every club will have fans raving about the potential of one or two accademy or reserves.
its the same here Albrighton has a chance in a Milner sort of way, Delfounso has been over hyped on here by so many and is niether that quick, strong, skillfull or that great a finisher  to sugest that he will get above average as a profesional footballer, i hope i am wrong but all this hype smacks of clutching at straws.

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 11:43:33 PM »
That's your opinion and the 'overhyping' as you call it is simply other people's. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you have to portray it as anything else.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 12:50:02 AM »
I think Delfouneso has definitely been the subject of overhyping, alot of it is caused by MON though - he obviously sees something there.

I do think he's looked good, but I don't think he's ready for first team football yet.

Albrighton on the other hand looks ready. Has done for a year, I think we'd have seen alot more of him had we played in Europe.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 02:32:34 PM »
Albrighton is ready and would be an ideal player to bring on when things are flat in the game. He is enthusiastic and creates chances ........

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 02:53:42 PM »
I agree with a lot of what has been said. Albrighton and The Fonz are certainly worthy of being in the squad and deserve to be blooded in some league games too.

Offline cb

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2010, 06:56:54 PM »
Well Marc has just got called up for the England U21s. Must be doing something right...

Offline Bigmelonface

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 09:04:48 PM »
Quote from: "Karl Bridges"
That's your opinion and the 'overhyping' as you call it is simply other people's. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you have to portray it as anything else.

However, that is his opinion, so by your own logic what are you on about?

Offline Mr Diggles

Re: albrighton and delfouneso... the next young and agbonlahor?
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2010, 10:44:06 PM »
Albrighton seems to be a quality player already - on the evidence of today he should easily rack up 30 appearances this season alone.

Why MON could not bring himself to play him last year, especially towards the end of the season when the team looked short of energy and ideas, is completely beyond me. If anything were to condemn the closing months of MON's regime it was Marc's performance (among others) today.

Future Villa legend, hopefully.

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2010, 10:46:41 PM »
Both are Prem quality. The Fonz needs more League starts.

Offline Ross

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2010, 10:58:40 PM »
Just think if MON had got his way, we'd probably have watched McGeady on the wing instead of MA. And watched a wretched 1-0 scrappy win. With no subsitutions, except for Heskey on for Carew after 80 minutes, obviously.

I remember thinking last pre-season that Albrighton had something about him. Raw and hungry and I thought he'd of fitted into our style of play really well, enough to be used on ocassions anyway. I just don't understand why MON was so reluctant to try him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal