collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Barry Bannan and being unlarge  (Read 11006 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Barry Bannan and being unlarge
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2010, 02:46:59 PM »
I would normally laugh this sort of stuff off as harmless hippy New Age nonsense, but there does seem to be some kind of movement to roll back the rationalism of the Enlightenment.

I do enjoy watching The Dog Whisperer, though.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2010, 02:54:53 PM »
Quote from: "Villadawg"
What's this mumbo-jumbo on the end of the story about?

"And the midfielder has been sporting a secret weapon in pre-season – a balance wristband which supposedly improves balance, strength and flexibility.

They contain a Mylar hologram designed to work with the body’s natural energy flow.

“It was Steve Sidwell who put me on to them, he wears one,” added Bannan.

Express and Star - clicky

New age nonsense.  If being ginger and crap weren't enough reason to get rid of Sidders, then spreading this load of bollocks around the dressing room should be.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2010, 03:01:50 PM »
If he pings a few more in like last night he can don love beads and recite mantras in the centre circle pre kick off for all I care.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2010, 03:11:47 PM »
Quote from: "Risso"

"And the midfielder has been sporting a secret weapon in pre-season – a balance wristband which supposedly improves balance, strength and flexibility.

They contain a Mylar hologram designed to work with the body’s natural energy flow.

“It was Steve Sidwell who put me on to them, he wears one,” added Bannan.

New age nonsense.  If being ginger and crap weren't enough reason to get rid of Sidders, then spreading this load of bollocks around the dressing room should be.

There was an independent study done in North America soliciting the expert opinions of numerous physios, doctors, cardiologists and other such intelligent folk. They concluded that the band was a load of bollocks and had no measurable impact at all on energy levels or balance etc etc. However, they did concede that if you believed it worked, much like a placebo then it may provide some benefit. Eventually some kid will point out the emperor of the wrist bands is naked and everyone will laugh and stop wearing them.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2010, 04:23:48 PM »

It was Steve Sidwell who put me on to them, he wears one,” added Bannan.

Magic Wrist Band? Worn by Sidwell?

Is it like an evolution of Harry Potter's invisibility cloak?

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2010, 04:37:25 PM »
I thought it was James Collins that wore one under some white tape.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2010, 04:47:12 PM »
Quote from: "Chris Smith"
Quote from: "Risso"
I didn't think Bannan had done that well at Blackburn had he?  He seemed to go from starting a few matches to coming on as a sub for the last few minutes of games.

He got in trouble for breaking a curfew and was dropped, it wasn't because of how he'd played.

And it was Blackpool.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2010, 04:51:18 PM »
I meant Blackpool of course.  Northern shitholes starting with the word Black, easy mistake!

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2010, 05:12:59 PM »
I love watching Barry play. Don't think he'll make it at the top, and selfishly, I'd be happy to watch him in our reserves for years. Really though, I'd love him to get first team football somewhere. I'm sure he will, the question is, at what level?

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2010, 05:35:28 PM »
Quote from: "Percy"
I love watching Barry play. Don't think he'll make it at the top, and selfishly, I'd be happy to watch him in our reserves for years. Really though, I'd love him to get first team football somewhere. I'm sure he will, the question is, at what level?

Percy is right.
I don't think he's good enough for the Premier, he'll make a consistent Championship player if he works hard.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2010, 06:06:04 PM »
Choinks!

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2010, 06:20:04 PM »
Quote from: "Mark Fletcher"
Quote from: "Percy"

Percy is right.
I don't think he's good enough for the Premier, he'll make a consistent Championship player if he works hard.

The thing is, when you're that small, you have to be bloody brilliant to make it to the top. Someone has already mentioned Xavi and Iniesta, and other examples are Maradonna, Messi and Arshavin. Yikes! Good luck with that Baz.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2010, 06:30:23 PM »
i love his attitude... i never forget watching him at a reserve game trying over and over to beat andre bikey in the air for headers...

was brilliant to watch, amusing too, and summed up his work rate and commitment...

unfortunately, i dont think he is going to be a key player for us in the future, as i feel his size is a real concern... and while his attitude is spot on, and his ability is decent enough, i dont think it makes up for his lack of size...

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2010, 08:15:19 PM »
I think hes got a good chance. very very good on the ball. sweet delivery on him too......

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2010, 10:29:05 PM »
I've not seen much of Bannan but citing his size as a problem is a typical of the British attitude to the game,  where it's all about pace, power and strength, no matter if you can actually control and keep posession of a football for more than 3 seconds.   Spain have just won the World cup with a team of relative midgets, and their equally diminutive under 19s tore the much bigger, stronger and faster English under 19s a new arsehole whilst walking rings around them and making them look like they were wearing clown shoes.  If Bannan soesnt make it here I'd advise him to head for Spain and look for a club that appreicates touch and tehcnique over height and strength.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal