collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Barry Bannan and being unlarge  (Read 11005 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Barry Bannan and being unlarge
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 02:52:11 PM »
Quote from: "TimTheVillain"
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2010/07/31/aston-villa-barry-bannan-is-eager-to-make-a-big-impact-at-aston-villa-this-season-97319-26967910/

I think he'd do very well somewhere; like Arse myself.

Fair play to you, and I admire your bravery coming out on here, but what has that got to do with little Baz?.

Offline spangley1812

Barry Bannan and being unlarge
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 03:09:26 PM »
I havnt seen a lot of him but I havnt been over impressed with what I have seen. I do not think he will go on to be a first team regular at Villa, a smaller club ie Wigan, Blues, Wolves, Baggies maybe.

His size is an issue and he can easily be disposessed, He is not that quick either and to back my statement up I will use last season as an example when he was at Blackpool and found himself used as a sub mainly. The club website shows 21 appearances but 13 as a sub and just 1 goal

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 03:30:55 PM »
Quote from: "spangley1812"
I havnt seen a lot of him l

There isn't a lot of him to see.

He's a good player, comfortable on the ball, intelligent reader of the game,  has an eye for a pass and has impressed at the level he's played at so far. Whether he's good enough for a top 6 PL side I have no idea but he's got a chance.

Offline Holtemeister

• Location: Living in Birmingham (just) but definately still a Yam Yam
  • GM : 22.07.2016
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 03:36:45 PM »
Quote from: "Chris Smith"
There isn't a lot of him to see.

He's a good player, comfortable on the ball, intelligent reader of the game,  has an eye for a pass and has impressed at the level he's played at so far. Whether he's good enough for a top 6 PL side I have no idea but he's got a chance.

He will be fine ..... cause we will struggle to be a top six side !!

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 03:41:17 PM »
The way it's going all the kids are in with a chance!

Offline Arsey

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 03:51:46 PM »
Quote from: "spangley1812"
I havnt seen a lot of him but I havnt been over impressed with what I have seen. I do not think he will go on to be a first team regular at Villa, a smaller club ie Wigan, Blues, Wolves, Baggies maybe.

His size is an issue and he can easily be disposessed, He is not that quick either and to back my statement up I will use last season as an example when he was at Blackpool and found himself used as a sub mainly. The club website shows 21 appearances but 13 as a sub and just 1 goal

Wasn't his goal for Blackpool an absolute screamer?  

I think it more likely he'll be shipped off for another season long loan./

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
barry banann
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 03:53:20 PM »
I think he deserve's a chance.

Online Chris Smith

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 03:57:23 PM »
Quote from: "Phil from the upper holte"

I think that's true for most clubs now, the new squad rules mean that they'll feature much more.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 04:04:40 PM »
Quote from: "Phil from the upper holte"

I think that's true for most clubs now, the new squad rules mean that they'll feature much more.

I hope that is the case as we have a good youth set up and football just seems better, more honest that way - where clubs strive to develop players rather than just signing joe bloggs for XXm.

Besides its not done Barca too much harm over the years...

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »
I can see him ending up at Celtic where his family comes from ( Glasgey).

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 04:41:08 PM »
He had a good game at Walsall the other night. I don't think his size should matter too much. Alan Wright was a bit titchy but he was a decent player.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 04:55:29 PM »
As a keen alan wright fan I agree with you he was a much maligned decent player. Many Villa fans thought otherwise and often expressed so when he played.
Bannan has plenty of attributes but like all our supposed 'star' potentials, needs to step up.
How they do so with such an intransigent and tactically limited manager is the real question.

Online Chris Smith

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 05:36:25 PM »
Quote from: "sfx412"
As a keen alan wright fan I agree with you he was a much maligned decent player. Many Villa fans thought otherwise and often expressed so when he played.
Bannan has plenty of attributes but like all our supposed 'star' potentials, needs to step up.
How they do so with such an intransigent and tactically limited manager is the real question.

Is this how it is going to be now? Every thread used as an excuse by the same small group of people to have a pop at the manager. It really is boring.

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 05:47:04 PM »
Quote from: "sfx412"

Is this how it is going to be now? Every thread used as an excuse by the same small group of people to have a pop at the manager. It really is boring.

Waht do you mean 'now'?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal